SORBS listing Verizon mail gateways - who to contact for assistance
castle1126
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just recently the mail gateways I administer at work began using the SORBS DNSBL.  Since then we have noticed hundreds of @verizon.net emails being dropped by our gateways, due to the IP addresses being listed.  Based on the WHOIS information for the IP addresses I've tried calling the phone number for the Abuse team, but continually receive a busy signal.  Who and how can I contact the right individuals to pass along this inforamtion so the following IP addresses can be removed from SORBS?

Thanks!!

0 Likes
Re: SORBS listing Verizon mail gateways - who to contact for assistance
Hubrisnxs
Legend
All residential customers show up like that on verizons network. Only business static get removed
0 Likes
castle1126
Enthusiast - Level 2

And that is what the biggest complaint we are getting - personal emails are being dropped due to this listing.  From our logs it looks like the listing began in the early morning hours of March 2.  So you're saying any person using residential web based Verizon email will never be able to get past a mail gateway using SORBS?

Hubrisnxs
Legend

Not unless you try to get them whitelisted.

you can use the whitelist form found here.

http://my.verizon.com/micro/whitelist/RequestForm.aspx?id=isp 

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

Not unless you try to get them whitelisted.

you can use the whitelist form found here.

http://my.verizon.com/micro/whitelist/RequestForm.aspx?id=isp 

That whitelist is only for Verizon's own Blacklist. To get something removed from SORBS, you'd have to contact them.

0 Likes