Re: SPAM SPAM SPAM
shipsales

And you won't believe.....

I recieved a clearly phony phishing spam that was spoofing my own bank.  Verizon SPAM failter didn't catch it.  I tried to alert my bank at their phishing attempt address....

You guessed it!!!   VZ determined it was &$^&)@^$% SPAM and wouldn't allow the message to be sent!!!!!

So the SPAM filter DOES work.  Just on outgoing mail only!

0 Likes
KH67885

Like others my priary verizon.net emailaccount which I have had for over 10 years has recetly bpmbarded with SPAM, 

Marking the message as SPAM anf putting it into the SPAM folder does not appear to cause the verizon web email app to filter those domain names. And reading this thread indicates that forwarding them, to verion does nothing. 

I remember when Verizon years ago attempted to sto the spam and thge result was that it was "too effective" and stopped alot of legitimate emals. We had to send the particular address to verizon to remove it from their filter, There were alot of complaints back then because of this. But it;s beeh YEARS now since then and I fid it hard to believe that Verizon does nt have the ability to put a more effective SPAM filter in place.

I am gettting 10-20 SPAM email every day. While enaul client fliters stop hos on my PCs, my Android phone is getting overwhelmed.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

The good news, all email accounts will be moved to AOL email.  AOL was recently purchased by Verizon.  It has a different and supposively better antispam system.

0 Likes
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

By chance would you happen to know when they plan on migrating their email?

Also, I'm guessing does that mean Verizon will be moving everything to AOL's servers from now on? I think this would be a good move. AOL has been in the "email business" for a long time and their system is definately more equipped to handle spam and such...

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unclear. The page my email pointed to has the end of March mentioned, but that might just be for those in California, Florida and Texas.

https://help.aol.com/articles/verizon-move-to-aol-mail-faq

"Your verizon.net email must be moved to AOL before March 31, 2016. If you do not complete the basic AOL registration to move your verizon.net email to AOL by this date, your email will be deleted and you will not be able to use it in the future."

0 Likes