Sending e-mails
leona3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon not responding due to a long running script...I get this message every time I try to compose a reply to an e-mail from anybody.  Does anyone know how to correct this problem?

Re: compose replies to e-mail
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you installed any updates pertaining to Internet Explorer recently through Automatic Updates? What I'm looking for is not so much the small Security Updates, but updates such as the upgrade from IE7/IE8 to IE9 that Windows Vista and Windows 7 have available to them.

Also, clear your Browser Cache. Open your Internet Options found in the Control Panel and clear the Temporary Internet files to see if this solves anything. Without saying for sure what version of IE you have, right on the main settings tab of the Internet Properties there will be a button called "Delete" or "Delete Files." Click whichever button you see. If you see a window pop up, uncheck everything except for Temporary Internet Files.

Re: Sending e-mails
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Leona we would need more information to be able to diagnose this. Are you using an email client such as outlook, mac mail, or thunderbird? Or are you using the webmail? Please also make sure you have fully rebooted your computer and tried again immediately after computer restarts before you start doing other things.

leona3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I upgraded my Internet Explorer and my Windows Vista to Windows 7.  Internet Explorer could not finish uploading because of an error.  It did not tell me what to do after that. 

leona3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I use Internet Explorer.  I recently downloaded Windows 7 and an upgrade to Internet Explorer.  The Windows did not upload on my machine due to an error.  I have informed them that I do not want to pay for somethiung I do not have.  Anyway, prior to that time, I could not compose becaue it said "Verizon not responding due to a long running script.  I have deleted all temporary folders, cookies, and history.  Still not working.

leona3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried everything you suggested.  It didn't work.  I do thank you for your suggestions.

hracer
Contributor - Level 2

Were you writing a long email message. If so, then you got a timeout error. If you need to write a long email message, then try to type the email on a notepad or word doc type application. This will allow you to take your time writting your message.

Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

You had mentioned that Internet Explorer was getting an error trying to upgrade. To see if this is an issue with your internet explorer, please try another browser (i.e. Firefox). The site is fully operational because I just logged into the webmail and sent an email with my Internet Explorer just fine.

leona3
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, I have not.  My e-mails are short and to the point.

leona3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Internet Explorer error has been resolved, but replying to e-mails still a problem.