Re: Servers Down on Email Clients?
Scoop8
Contributor - Level 1

That's a terrible Customer Service feedback report.  I hope you get this resolved fast over there.

You may want to consider adding another e-mail client to your Outlook group, such as "Gmail" or something similar so as to have a backup service for Verizon issues in the event of issues arising such as what's happened with this particular problem.

It's strange that my Outlook version 2003 is working ok and that later versions of Outlook are having an interface problem, considering the '03 version is an outdated version that's no longer supported by MS.

If it's working for Outlook 2003, I'd think it would work for supported versions of Outlook (2007, 10, 13).

That's something that Verizon can't dispute, that this is indeed their problem and not an Outlook-specific e-mail client issue.

I guess Verizon changed something in their security interface protocol or something similar that caused compatibility/communication problems with Outlook.

All the best wishes for your issue to be resolved soon.

0 Likes
BxNY
Enthusiast - Level 2

They certainly did change something!  A vendor who has a strict privacy protocol cannot get emails through to Verizon accounts.  We are communicating via Gmail. The scary thing is that Verizon is taking over the world...

0 Likes
BxNY
Enthusiast - Level 2

Seems to be working as of 8:00 EDT this mornings.  Halleluiah.  Why am I grateful?  I PAY for this!!!

0 Likes
BigbirdPhila
Contributor - Level 1

This was certainly a confusing & annoying experience.  Instead of complaining among ourselves here, we should inform the people who are responsible for reviewing Verizon's requests for future rate increases.

Outages happen.  Customers should not have to spend hours on the phone trying to connect with clueless customer support representatives.  They should not have to go hunting around on the boards looking for an informational thread.  There should have been an obvious alert message on www.verizon.com's home page.  I checked that page during the outage and it was loaded with marketing info for FIOS and FIOS bundles but no information about the outage.

This outage was obviously very big geographically with people from many states affected.  I suggest we forward this thread to our local state representative asking them to forward it to the appropriate rate-setting people.  Here in Pennsylvania, it's the Public Utilities Commission (PUC).  Or, forward it to that body directly.  This is the kind of information those people need when Verizon is in front of them the next time requesting a rate increase.

BxNY
Enthusiast - Level 2

Couldn't agree more!  Verizon certainly has the ability to put a banner on all their varioius home pages saying they are aware of the outage, are working on it, and expect it to be resolved within xx hours.  That their customer service people don't know there is a widespread problem is just unacceptable.  

Jobeth1

Cannot access my verizon e-mail on my cell phone.  It works on everything but the phone and Verizon said it was a Samsung problem.  Samsung assured me that if I re-formatted my phone it would work.  I did that and of course lost all my data on my phone.  As soon as I put in the verizon password on the new account, I got the same message that the password was wrong.  This is a VERIZON issue and Verizon will not own it.  I am so frustrated!

0 Likes
BigbirdPhila
Contributor - Level 1

@Jobeth wrote:

Cannot access my verizon e-mail on my cell phone.  It works on everything but the phone and Verizon said it was a Samsung problem.  Samsung assured me that if I re-formatted my phone it would work.  I did that and of course lost all my data on my phone.  As soon as I put in the verizon password on the new account, I got the same message that the password was wrong.  This is a VERIZON issue and Verizon will not own it.  I am so frustrated!

This thread does not pertain to your problem.  This thread had to do with a 5/21 Verizon server outage, which has since been fixed.  

I would suggest you start a new thread regarding your problem.  Provide as much information as you can so people can help you.  As a long shot, passwords are case-sensitive.  Make sure you have entered the password with proper upper & lower case.

0 Likes
Fergus155
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here in Somerset PA. Verizon email outage is on its 3rd day. Probably being fixed by same people who did Obamacare website.

0 Likes
Fergus155
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not resolved for me either.

0 Likes
Fergus155
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'd rather walk across broken glass than call Verizon Support.

0 Likes