Spam Detector Won't Work
hpowders
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have 2 email accounts-one for me and one for my wife. The spam detector works fine for me but refuses to be activated for my wife's email account. After I called Verizon, they told me there is nothing they can do. Do I have any other options? She keeps getting spam and I keep sending it to spam detector, but it's "dead" for her account. I got hold of "spamdetector.notcaught@verizon.net" to send them the spam emails. I don't know what else to do.

Any suggestions, please?

0 Likes
Re: Spam Detector Won't Work
hpowders
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for all the useful suggestions.

0 Likes
dekka
Enthusiast - Level 1

I, too, have the exact same issue.  The Spam Detector option will not allow me to set it to "ON".    Why doesn't Verizon have an email service contract address?   Can someone please advise as to how to remedy this issue?  I have several email accounts and all of them have moderately functioning spam screening functionality.  

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@dekka wrote:

I, too, have the exact same issue.  The Spam Detector option will not allow me to set it to "ON".    Why doesn't Verizon have an email service contract address?   Can someone please advise as to how to remedy this issue?  I have several email accounts and all of them have moderately functioning spam screening functionality.  

May be the browser or its add-ons.  Works for me. 

If using Internet explorer you may have to turn on compatibility mode.  IE 11 in particular doesn't work with parts of Verizon's WEBMAIL.

dekka
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thx for the suggestion - am using Chrome as my browser - prefer it to IE

0 Likes