Spam Filter
zinmac1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently attempted to forward an email to two people.  Verizon refused to deliver either of them because they were determined to be "spam". If they were "spam", then why would Verizon have allowed them to be delivered to my mailbox in the first place? I did follow the link in the Verizon Email Section in order for Verizon to reconsider and possibly adjust it's filters. The jury is out; Verizon indicated I'd hear within the hour.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Spam Filter
zinmac1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I waited and the resent the forward again a few hours later and it went with no trouble.  Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
nancyhunt1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am trying to send out a email to a Bible study group and the email was blocked from being sent. What is going on?? It isn't spam!! I tried going to the spam link they sent, but how do I send them the original email if it doesn't let me forward it?? I don't understand why it would be stopped from being sent!

Any advice??

N

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@nancyhunt1 wrote:

I am trying to send out a email to a Bible study group and the email was blocked from being sent. What is going on?? It isn't spam!! I tried going to the spam link they sent, but how do I send them the original email if it doesn't let me forward it?? I don't understand why it would be stopped from being sent!

Any advice??

N

Possibly you exceeded the number of users allowed.  Their official policy quoted below

on Sending Email

The following limits apply with respect to sending Email from your verizon.net Email account. These rules are in place in order to help fight spam (i.e., unsolicited Email). For more information on Verizon Online's efforts to fight spam, please see the Verizon Online Anti-Spam Policy at www2.verizon.net/policies.

• You may not include more than 100 recipients in a single Email. Messages will not be sent to any recipients in excess of 100.
  • You may not exceed 500 recipients in 1 hour. Exceeding 500 recipients in 1 hour will result in the suspension of your ability to send Email for 24 hours. This does not affect your ability to receive Email.
0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@zinmac wrote:

I recently attempted to forward an email to two people.  Verizon refused to deliver either of them because they were determined to be "spam". If they were "spam", then why would Verizon have allowed them to be delivered to my mailbox in the first place? I did follow the link in the Verizon Email Section in order for Verizon to reconsider and possibly adjust it's filters. The jury is out; Verizon indicated I'd hear within the hour.

It would be best if they detected it the same on send and receive, but apparently they are not done quite the same.  Yours is not the first to report this.

It is possible the something, e.g. your signiture might just trigger the virus detector.  Especially avoid things like adding !!! in the title.  Say there detector needs a score of 5 to be considered spam, the message looks iffy at 4.9, and your !!! add extra .1 to make it considered spam

0 Likes
zinmac1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I waited and the resent the forward again a few hours later and it went with no trouble.  Thank you.

0 Likes
thequixta
Enthusiast - Level 3

Magic!

0 Likes
kkrazychic
Enthusiast - Level 1
VERIZON Fios Internet SUCKS! Arrrrgggggg! Anger at the emotion controls full throttle. 5 outgoing emails BLOCKED because "The message you attempted to send was determined to be spam". I have to use ‪#‎Verizon‬'s outgoing server even though I have my own email host or it won't send. Now I have to put up with their overly aggressive spam net for my outgoing messages. - A email with a link without much text = spam. - A forwarded newsletter = spam. - Email conversation between my dad and I (no links) = spam. I’ve had to forward 5 messages in the last DAY to the spamdetector.update@verizon.net because of this nuisance software blocking my ability to normally use my service. I’m so **bleep**!!!!!
0 Likes