Spam detector doesn't work?
ph3iron
Enthusiast - Level 3
I move unwanted e's to spam detector but they keep coming through
0 Likes
Re: Spam detector doesn't work?
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Simply moving the emails to the folder will not flag it as spam. You have to click the spam button to trigger a notification to be sent back to us to flag it as spam. Clicking the button also then automatically moves the email to the spam folder.

0 Likes
lilhighway
Enthusiast - Level 3

lmfao@anthony another fine example of verizon so called "technicians" how about use the filters to block spam anthony?ohhhh yeah by the way {please keep your posts courteous}

0 Likes
ph3iron
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have same problem. I highlight e's as spam, send them to spam detector - they still come through - thanks - p

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

clicking spam does not make it so that the email stops coming.  All it does is it sends a notification to the auto spam software, and then after a collection of complaints it gets added

or the initial scan reveals obvious trigger words is found then it gets added.

To stop those emails from flat out coming you have to utilize your filters and your blocked senders lists manually.

SPAM Detector tool - incoming only

What does SPAM DETECTOR tool do?

Your ability to communicate with family or friends can be hindered by unsolicited email or "spam". If you have your SPAM Detector ON, it will sift and catch unsolicited emails sent to your email account and either present them in the SPAM Detector folder or delete them. (Note: You can adjust your SPAM Detector settings in the Settings/Email Settings tab within Message Center.)

Furthermore, if there are emails you deem as SPAM, you can “Mark as SPAM” by selecting the email from your email inbox list view and select SPAM icon from top menu bar. It will put the email in your SPAM Detector folder and send an email to the VZ Abuse team and third party vendor to evaluate. If it is deemed SPAM, SPAM Detector definitions/rules will be updated.

Please note that marking email as SPAM does not add the email to the Blocked Senders list. Furthermore, SPAMMERs rarely use the same email address more than once to send SPAM. 

additionally here are some helpful hints about best practices for email in general.

1. You should start reporting the spam with a spam button in the webmail client
  2. Forward spam emails that were not caught to spamdetector.notcaught@verizon.net
  3. Set your e-mail filter. An e-mail filter and spam blocking software are absolutely critical. Set these security measures to update automatically to ensure that you are protected from the latest threats.
  4. NEVER reply to spam. Replying to spam, even to "unsubscribe," could set you up for more spam.
  5. Protect your e-mail address and instant message ID. If you must post this information online, set up two identities, one for real use and one for online activities.
  6. Be wary of e-mail attachments. Change the settings on your e-mail program so that images and attachments are not opened automatically. Only open attachments from users known to you.
  7. Watch out for phishing scams. Don't click on links in e-mails or instant messages unless the sender is known to you. Instead, open a separate web browser and visit the site directly.
  8. Create smart and strong passwords. Use a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols.
  9. Never enter your personal information in a pop-up window. You may not be able to tell when a scammer has hijacked a seemingly legitimate site.
  10. Don't fill out online surveys, or register for contests or fan clubs. These may be fronts for spammers trying to collect your e-mail address
ph3iron
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks but I  notify a message as Spam, it gets moved to the spam folder, I flag it but keeps coming back the next day.

These are not rogue e's but department stores (Ann Taylor etc)

Do I have to get each individual e's address and put it in my blocked list?

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@ph3iron wrote:

Thanks but I  notify a message as Spam, it gets moved to the spam folder, I flag it but keeps coming back the next day.

These are not rogue e's but department stores (Ann Taylor etc)

Do I have to get each individual e's address and put it in my blocked list?

Yes.

If your upset by a indivdual store, ex Ann Taylor, forward your compaint to them and get them to remove you from their email list.  Don't trust however following a link in such spam as sometimes the email really isn't from a legitimage store.  Go directlyto that stores site.

0 Likes
ph3iron
Enthusiast - Level 3
Thanks again but there are tons of em. Lands end, Wilson's leather, political parties...... Do I have to contact them all? Don't quite get it but Thunderbird on my lap tops remembers and wipes them out automatically when they come in Unfortunately my iPad doesn't recognize Thunderbird Thanks again though. Mayb iPad has an app, even if you have to pay
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

just gonna throw my 2 cents out there regarding this issue....another thing I'm not sure was mentioned wasclicking on the email and most of them have an unsubscribe link you can click and stop them that way....but overall your gonna have to put in filters to block...now with the filters here is what I would personally suggest. Use outlook and your antivirus/malware software....Mine auto filters a lot of junk from known senders that are junk mail and it goes into the junk mail folder.

Those are my thoughts

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Those will not get flagged as spam as those are reputable companies with mailing lists. If you are on their mailing list, then it is considered consentual and we can not block them. If you would like to removed from their list, scroll to the bottom of their email and follow the instructions for getting removed/unsubscribed from the mailing list.

0 Likes