Spam email which has embedded ASCII characters in the SENDER or SUBJECT Line
damiens

Verizon Question:

I do not want to receive any spam email which has embedded ASCII characters in the SENDER or SUBJECT Line.

IE screen shot:

These messages are designed so that you can not easily search on them and delete them.

In the example above, if you open the email via a browser, copy the sender or subject line info to the clipboard, then paste the data into the verizon Search field, these ASCII characters show up.

I do not want to use/configure a spam filter or other method to stop them from entering my in-box.

I just want any message that contains these embedded characters from ever entering my in-box.  Because in practice, they are usually spam messages.

Please call me or email me with a solution.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Spam email which has embedded ASCII characters in the SENDER or SUBJECT Line
damiens

My preivous posting does not show my screen shot regarding my question.  Please contact me so I can send the image via jpg or other graphic, so that anyone interested in aswering my question will have an idea of what I'm asking about.

0 Likes
Re: Spam email which has embedded ASCII characters in the SENDER or SUBJECT Line
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your talking to PEERS here.  Usually they will clear your items for display in a few days.

And yes lots of us don't understand why their Spam detector doesn't take such emails and mark them as spam.  Its pretty obvious when they have a bunch of non-printable ascii that they are spam just trying to avoid being detected by word matches.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

@damiens wrote:

My preivous posting does not show my screen shot regarding my question. 

You posted a broken link to your image.  Please see "How do I insert an image in a post" here:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/images#images

0 Likes
damiens

Embedded ASCII characters shown in SEARCH field when copied/pasted from the email SENDER or SUBJECT field.

0 Likes