BobbyB4

I have been using Verizon email lately and it is a lousy program. I get a ton of spam daily. Spam detector is a joke.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Spam
Steve_H2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I couldn't agree more. Spam Detector doesn't catch 90% of the spam making its way into my Verizon email inbox. To make matters worse, the new version of Verizon webmail doesn't have filters that can be set up ... every time I try setting up one I am told it is a duplicate when it is not. I wasted over an hour the other night in a Verizon support chat and was told that installing Google Chrome as my browser would fix the problem ... it did not. I am looking for a new ISP that actually gives a hoot about customer service.

0 Likes
BobbyB4

I stopped most of the spam when i used windows live outlook or other mail programs but Verizon can't seem to get it right. Verizon is doing a terrible job.

0 Likes
BlueStreak1967
Enthusiast - Level 2

The spam filter used to have 2 or 3 settings for "aggressiveness" (my term).  That way, if there were too many spams getting through, you could change the settings.  Now it seems that there are NO settings - it is either on or off.  Maybe they should go back to what they had.

On a slightly different note, the spam filter is constantly adjusting to what is reported to them as spam.  That must lead to varying results.  I've seen no spam for several days, followed by several over the next few days.  I've also seen the same thing with false alarms (good email flagged as spam).  I suspect that just comes with the territory.  I've been a VZ user for several years, and I think overall they go a good job.

0 Likes
Steve_H2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been a Verizon DSL customer since May 2005, and was happy up until recently. I strongly object to being tied up with customer support for over an hour only to be told to switch to Google Chrome and my problems with the webmail filters would be gone ... only they weren't. The ability to add new filters or edit old ones under the new webmail has disappeared. I asked to have the old webmail restored to my account and was refused.

Verizon doesn't seem to really care nor do they seem to test before implementation. Now I'm being inundated with spam and Verizon has taken away a prime tool from me to do something about it.

To make matters worse, when I went to Google Chrome as instructed by Verizon tech support, I couldn't even login on the Webmail 3.0 page and had to google to find the Webmail 2.0 login page.

Verizon most definitely doesn't have its act together and once I have finished researching other ISPs and their customer service reputations I will be gone.

0 Likes