Static IP and SMTP port
avmibm

I have a block of static IP addresses and Verizon is blocking INCOMING port 25.   Can someone hellp.  I've called Verizon support 3 times and everytime I get someone that does not know what I am talking about.    

0 Likes
Re: Static IP and SMTP port
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Have you gone to http://my.verizon.com/micro/whitelist/RequestForm.aspx?id=isp and tried to whitelist them?

0 Likes
avmibm

I filled up ttp://my.verizon.com/micro/whitelist/RequestForm.aspx?id=isp but this does not help , because this one is talking about outgoing port 25 blocking . I am talking about INCOMING port 25

Other information: I have no firewalll on my DSL router. and I'm not seeing any connections on my server logs for port 25.

0 Likes
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

So you are getting the IPs from Verizon?

Also, on your DSL router, did you disable the firewall manually, or did you port forward your server?

Also, is there a local firewall on the server itself that maybe needs the port opened?

Last I remeber if you have a business account with Verizon, they shoulden't block any ports. 

0 Likes
avmibm

Correct , my static IPs are from Verizon,  

Yes,  my DSL has firewall disabled

My firwall on the server has port 25 open.  When everthing was working I can connections getting through to port 25.  Now there is nothing I am seeing.  

When I do telnet from the outside I get connection refused.  Instead of connecting or timeout if there is nothing listening

0 Likes
avmibm

After digging into the problem some more,  I decided to look at the MX records and used a MX checker tool found on the interenet.   The MX record for my domain was pointing to some  other email server owned by some other person/domain.   Not sure how this happened because when I checked my DNS configration ,  my MX records points  to my mail server as it should   

Anyway I refereshed my MX configuration and it looks like it has propagated and have overwritten the wrong MX record.  Not sure how anyone can just put out an MX record out there for my domain and re-direct emails to somewhere else.  Kinda of scary to think it can be done.

0 Likes
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Glad you got it resolved!!

Yeah that is strange that your MX Records were re-directed. Although I know sometimes when you go to register a domain the registrars sometimes give you free "email trials" and auto-point your domain to their mail servers. Just to be sure I would double check who has access to your DNS records Smiley Wink

0 Likes