Subaccounts stopped working.
farmerdaev
Enthusiast - Level 2

Starting Sat. AM 8/6 every time I check mail using outlook 2007 The Primary account works but the 2 subs comeback with a wrong password message. The originals didn't work so I changed them both. The new passes work to login by web, but are refused by the mailserver. It's the incoming.yahoo.verizon.net server, 110/587ports.

I haven't changed a single setting, and even tried using the in-home agent to change the passes and setup the mail from scratch. Still no go.

any suggestions?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Subaccounts stopped working.
farmerdaev
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ahhh... Mail...

I understand the delay, Thanks for the fix!

Now there's this thing called Irene I need diverted....

Thank to all. 

View solution in original post

PJL
Master - Level 3

This has happened from time to time, and usually resolves itself within 24 hours.  I used to freak about it, but I realized that Verizon's authentication process was just doing "its thing" again" and ignore it.  If necessary, I use the web to access the account and go back to using Outlook the next day, at which time the problem has always been solved.

0 Likes
farmerdaev
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunatly it's still doing its thing.

I just want to drop yahoo now, but all the answers here about dropping it lead to a pm. There's no links. 

beerman1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I dropped Yahoo last week for the same reason, although now I'm having even worse problems with just Verizon. After struggling to get my son signed up for a new email address, I went ahead and tried to do the same for my daughter. My son's problem was an easy fix - they just had to detach the account from Yahoo and it worked. 

For my daughter, I figured not having Yahoo in the mix would make things easier. No so. After 4 calls to support I am still no closer to having my problem resolved. I successfully set up her new address through Verizon online and was able to access the account through their webmail, but I cannot access it any other way. Outlook doesn't work. Mozilla Thunderbird doesn't work. Windows Live Mail doesn't work. I even tried to set up a Google address and have the Verizon email forwarded to it and it doesn't work. There is some problem with the way the account is set up on Verizon's servers but nobody knows what. I am sick and tired of seeing the password box pop everytime I try to access her mail.

Every one of the technical people I talked to took over my daughter's computer and adjusted different settings. They all had me reset the password several times. They all gave up because they couldn't think of anything else to do. I tried to set up two other accounts but neither one took. I reset my email profile in Outlook and it didn't help. I don't know what else to try and am frustrated. It really shouldn't be this hard to set up a simple email account. Any one have any ideas?

Techman28
Master - Level 1

FarmerDaev,

When you sign into your primary account does it go to Yahoo or verizon....That may be what is causing this issue

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

Beerman,

what ports do you have it set to on your daughter's email is authentication checked in the settings as well? I did test all subs they seem to be working..

If your getting an Outlook error post that so we can take a look at it

0 Likes
beerman1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Currently my incoming port is set to 110 & my outgoing port is 587. As I mentioned, I've talked to 4 different techs who took control of my computer and tried every port setting available, but to no avail. And yes, authentication is checked. Whether it matters or not, I tried to ping the server and was unable to - all 4 packets were lost. Here is the message I'm getting from Windows Live Mail:

Unable to send or receive messages for the Verizon xxxx.xxxxxxxx account. An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive messages, you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this account.

Server Error: 0x800CCC90
Server Response: -ERR [AUTH] Authentication failed
Server: 'incoming.verizon.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No

I can't tell you how many times I've reset the password, so I don't know why that would be the problem, especially since I can log on to webmail with the same password.

Let me know what other information I can give you to help me out

Thanks.

tns
Master - Level 2

Pings are probably not supported to incoming and outgoing verizon.net .

What client?  What Operating system.  What antivirus software.

Do you have ingoing and outgoing on your client set to supply userid and password?

farmerdaev
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I sign into Verizon, I get  My verizon, if I then click on the mail tab, I get the "You have chosen to use Yahoo as your email portal.
 Please click here to view your email"

When I click the link it goes to yahoo.

So all seems well there.

When I sign into my verizon using a sub account, it works just like the primary. Just fine.

But when I use outlook 2007 (Win 7)  I get the password fail for the subs

I even tried to set up the mail via Emailsetupstarter.exe and the in home agent to no avail.

I goes though the setup and fails at the "sending test message" phase.

beerman1
Enthusiast - Level 2

"When I sign into my verizon using a sub account, it works just like the primary. Just fine.

But when I use outlook 2007 (Win 7)  I get the password fail for the subs

I even tried to set up the mail via Emailsetupstarter.exe and the in home agent to no avail.

I goes though the setup and fails at the "sending test message" phase."

This is what happens to me as well. I'm Using Windows 7, and I have also disabled Microsoft Security Essentials.

"Do you have ingoing and outgoing on your client set to supply userid and password?"

Not sure what this means, but I have manually input my password, and have tried to have Outlook/Windows Live remember it as well. I can tell you there is nothing wrong with my password on my side. It's like Verizon has a different password stored for that account and I don't have access to it.