Re: MAJOR PROBLEMS WITH INVALID CERTIFICATE'S ON VERIZON'S SERVERS
Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

I was searching for a discussion on Outlook and when I did I found there are sooooooo many discussions about problems with OUTLOOK AND THE VERIZON connections on this forum.

There has to be more to this then what someone thinks.

A dozen times I have read someone is told to change to incoming.verizon.net. HOWEVER no one has been able to explain to me when I do this there is NO way it goes to my Yahoo server THAT VERIZON set up years ago when we went with Verizon.

Everyone was given a choice of several servers with out Yahoo in our incoming and outgoing there is NO way our emails can reach us.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=labels%2Clocation&location=forum-b...

0 Likes
Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

EVERYONE SIT DOWN AND HOLD ON TO YOUR CHAIRS.

I GOT IT RIGHT, THE OLD PA DUTCHMAN GOT IT RIGHT, IT FINALLY CAME TOGETHER NOW I AM GOING TO WORK ON MY ENGLISHER.

I followed your suggestions, went to the www.verizon.net web page,

followed the ACCOUNT > Account Profile > Residential > Jump to "Online Experience" route and was able

to finally change my "Online Experience" from Verizon Yahoo!  to just plain Verizon.  

Changed my home page to http://myverizon.com in Safari Preferences, then clicked OK on the confirmation page.

Updated my e-mail server settings as follows as shown on:       http://www22.verizon.com/Support/Residential/Internet/fiosinternet/email/setup+and+use/questionsone/... 

Information repeated here as an example for the fictional account:   nomoreyahoo@verizon.net   (password = Example1)

Mail server settings

• Incoming mail server (POP3😞 incoming.verizon.net
  • IncomingServerPort Numbers: 995
  • Outgoing mail server (SMTP😞 outgoing.verizon.net
  • Outgoing ServerPort Numbers: 465  Why is this important?
  • Your Verizon Online user name -->  nomoreyahoo
  • Your Verizon Online password   -->  Example1
  • Make sure "This server requires a secure connection (SSL)" is checked.

In Apple Mail, use the above information as follows -- In Mail version 5.2 for Mac OSX 10.7.x:

• Mail > Preferences  
  • Accounts tab > Account Information tab
  •   Description (tailor to your needs):  Verizon: Nomoreyahoo
  •   Email Address:  nomoreyahoo@verizon.net
  •   Full Name:  Ima Happycampernow
  •   Incoming Mail Server:  incoming.verizon.net
  •   User Name:  nomoreyahoo
  •   Passsword:   Example1
  •   TLS Certificate:  None
  • Accounts tab > Advanced tab
  •   Port:  995  [ checked ] Use SSL
  •   Authentication:  Password
  • Accounts tab > Account Information tab > Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP):  Edit SMTP Server List ... (select from pull-down)
  • Account Information tab:
  •   Description:     Verizon (just verizon)
  •   Server Name:  outgoing.verizon.net
  • Advanced tab:
  •   Use custom port:  465    [checked]  Use Secure Socket Layer (SSL)
  •   Authentication:  Password
  •   User Name: nomoreyahoo
  •   Password:  Example1
  • CLICK "OK"
  • Close Mail Preferences

Update:  verified that the settings above work from both my iPad and my iPhone for both incoming and outgoing messages.

0 Likes
Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

You know if someone could help me to fix this maybe now that I finished my 45 Radiation Treatments for my Prostate Cancer someone could come up with a fix for my newest Therapy.

For 24 MONTHS I HAVE TO HAVE A MONTHLY HORMONE TREATMENT. The Oncologist said I may have some side effects.

At my first check up he asked me if anything had changed.

I SAID I NOW HAVE SUCH A STRONG IMPULSE TO RUN OUT AND HAVE MY NAILS DONE AND GET A PERM for several days after the Hormone Treatment.

He said it should past in time.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Friendly, as this appears to be resolved we have closed your Private Support Case. If you have any other questions or concerns with your account or services please feel free to make a new post and we will be happy to help.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes
Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

Adam,

I got that issue figured out however almost immediately I know get error number 0x800ccc7d.

This entry is my own from another post, I have to leave so I am posting this not to be difficult only because I have to get going.

A great number of folks seem to be having this problem now that they dropped their servers and have signed onto Verizon as instructed.

"I had a Verizon tech set my ports etc however like others we keep getting Error 0X800CCC7D. I called Verizon Support and they doubled checked my settings, that they set up, and we still Error 0X800CCC7D after 5 or 6 emails.

I went to Microsoft's Forums and they pretty much say the same thing about Error 0X800CCC7D and that the only thing left that can be wrong is the ISP has some thing wrong, there are NO more options for the clients to do.

Verizon told us they are doing away with the Yahoo accounts and connections and now have their own email program that I have accessed. However before this we did not get Error 0X800CCC7D."

0 Likes
dwgriffi2

Hi Friendly, as this appears to be resolved we have closed your Private Support Case. If you have any other questions or concerns with your account or services please feel free to make a new post and we will be happy to help.

-Adam_VZ

Whoa, Adam, way too fast on the closing out trigger.  It's not resolved.   Solution is two steps forward and three back.  Error city.   

0 Likes
Re: The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that CAN NOT BE VERIFIED.
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes