Transfer e-mail account to another Fios account
misterhek
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am moving in with someone, and we both have Verizon Fios. My roomate transfered their service to our new place, and I plan on cancelling my account. However, I want to keep my @verizon.net e-mail address. Is it possible to switch the e-mail account to a different Fios account?

Or, if I cancel my service, and my e-mail account gets deleted, can I remake the same exact e-mail address on the new account as a sub account?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Transfer e-mail account to another Fios account
Hubrisnxs
Legend

i think you need to call them up with the old account numbers and the new account numbers to get it switched, OR you can just do www.keepmyemail.com (verizon website) and you pay 19.99 each year and they keep it going for you indefinetely.  

One option keeps your email on someone else's account and under their control, the other option bills it to you and you have full control of it. 

Re: Transfer e-mail account to another Fios account - Consider This Solution
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@misterhek wrote:

@... My roomate transfered their service to our new place, and I plan on cancelling my account. However, I want to keep my @verizon.net e-mail address. Is it possible to switch the e-mail account to a different Fios account?...

The simple (and long term) fix is to transfer to an online email service (e.g., Gmail) and never have to worry about changing providers again.  It would also be wise to consider just how important it is to maintain your existing email address.  At first it may seem like much bother to revise an email address, but I suspect you will find it's not all that much trouble.

0 Likes