Unable to receive emails via Outlook - worked for years until Saturday night
ladylabtrainer
Enthusiast - Level 2

I resently got a new laptop with Windows 8 and I use Office 2007.  I got everything loaded and it worked with no issues until Saturday night. It starts to download the emails, but goes really slow and never finishes the download.  i have it setup just as the website says, but there has to be another issue.   HELP!

0 Likes
Re: Unable to receive emails via Outlook - worked for years until Saturday night
lulu1213

I am having the EXACT same problem.  Everything worked great for one month.  Now, I cannot receive emails through Outlook.  It's almost as if they're "stuck."  It appears that they are coming through, but they don't!  Have you had any luck?

0 Likes
Re: Unable to receive emails via Outlook - worked for years until Saturday night
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

ladylabtrainer wrote:

I recently got a new laptop with Windows 8 and I use Office 2007. I got everything loaded and it worked with no issues until Saturday night. It starts to download the emails, but goes really slow and never finishes the download ...  

lulu1213 wrote:
I am having the EXACT same problem.  Everything worked great for one month.  Now, I cannot receive emails through Outlook.  It's almost as if they're "stuck."   ...

Windows 8 does not natively support POP email so you must use another method..  There are several ways to do this and here are a few ideas:

http://www.howtogeek.com/130516/how-to-access-pop3-email-accounts-in-windows-8/

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

did you guys try the auto fix tool from the VZ website and then tested AFTER restarting your pc? 

www.verizon.com/repair

0 Likes
lulu1213
Yes, I've tried that. So frustrated!
0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

if the settings are good, then double check that you can sign in at www.verizon.net

if you can sign in with same username and password then your anti virus or firewall could be blocking you

I Don't know who you have for anti virus, but if you put their name into a google search it will find articles. 

I used 'anti virus blocking email'  

and I received this for example along with SEVERAL other anti virus providers.  

Mail Anti-Virus Settings

you may not have kaspersky, so check whatever email program you have for your email settings and turn them off. 

0 Likes
lulu1213

Making some progress . . . just turned OFF my Norton 2013 email protection . . . and I just received all of my emails from the past several days!! Yea!!   Now what do I do as far as having no internet/email protection? 

Also, prior to turning off the email protection I tried to change the port settings and Norton wouldn't allow  465 smtp or 995 pop3?!?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Go into Norton Network Settings, Email Protection, Email Antivirus Scan, and click Configure[+].  Make sure "Protect against timeouts" is checked.

If you need to disable Incoming Email Scanning, you should be aware that this does not lessen your protection.  Auto-Protect will identify and block any malware on access that email scanning would have detected.  You may get a Norton "Fix Now" warning if you disable scanning, but this can be turned off by hovering your cursor over the words, "Email Protection" on the main Norton window and selecting "Ignore" in the pop up.  This tells Norton to disregard the on/off status of the email scan setting when monitoring the state of the various protection components.

I found that at a norton discussion forum.

Maybe double check with norton on their forums or call them and see if there is something they are missing.