Unknown E-Mail Addresses
DAF44

I just noticed that each one of my 3 e-mail accounts has an additional e-mail address attached to it. I never created these addresses nor understand the reason for them. Is this something that Verizon creates for internal reasons?  The addresses are like: res******@verizon.net and sub******@verizon.net.  Does anyone know?

0 Likes
Re: Unknown E-Mail Addresses
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Where are you seeing this?  I know at one point there were alias but not sure where you see this now!!!

0 Likes
DAF44

After you click the "Compose" button,  in the "From" box that shows your address, there is a pull down on the right. If I click on the pull down it will show the phantom address right there in the "From" box!  In other words there are 2 addresses in the "From" box, my address and the phantom address!

Thanks!

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Maybe someone knows the answer but it is some internal vz thing.  I believe the crazy email address you see listed ties to your account then what you choose is your alias.  I have that as well.  I did see this a long time ago and forgot about it.

I can ask VZ and see if they know.

Jim

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

@jumpin68ny wrote:

Maybe someone knows the answer but it is some internal vz thing.  I believe the crazy email address you see listed ties to your account then what you choose is your alias.  I have that as well.  I did see this a long time ago and forgot about it.

I can ask VZ and see if they know.

Jim

Yes Jim you are correct. For every single email account on Verizon, it has a unique Verizon assigned identifier. It should not be showing that information to the sender though. Please send an email to another email account that you have and if the VZE or RES identifier is showing, please reply to let me know.