Unknown "from" email address when I compose new email
oldSmokeyJoe

Hello,

Starting last night, I noticed that when I go to compose a new email, an unknown email address defaults into the "From" section of the new email. If I pull down on the unknown address, my real address is there, but not selected. I can select it manually.

I tried going to "Email Settings" and making my email address the default, but it keeps auto filling this unknown address into the "From" section of the email. The save is not sticking.

Does anyone know how to delete an email address once it is showing up in the "From" section?

Much appreciated.

P.S. I'm wondering if either my email or the Verizon system got hacked because this just happened from one moment to the next

0 Likes
Re: Unknown "from" email address when I compose new email
oldSmokeyJoe

I'm noticing a lot of people with this same problem this morning.

C'mon Verizon...get on this. I think you've/ we've been hacked.

Mine also shows up with the resz##@verizon.net

0 Likes
Chris_Athey

Ditto for me as well ... and my wife's account.

It initially defaulted to the "strange" email address but is now defaulting to the correct email. Regardless, the "strange" email address is still showing up in the drop-down menu ... which doesn't sit to well with me.

A post on another thread mentioned that Verizon support stated that it's some type of user I.D. If that's the case, I'm curious why Verizon didn't notify it's customers about that? That what has me uneasy and I would agree that it appears they've been hacked. Though I've not gotten any message from friends, etc. that they have been receiving anything from my email address.

0 Likes
IanEmily

I have also have the exact same thing.  My bogus email address is {edited for privacy}@verizon.net  .....

I have been unable to get through to any live person in Verizon.  Has our email addresses and accounts been hacked?  Have you heard or received any feedback from Verizon.

Please advise..thankyou

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 In the e-mail UI, go to Mail under My Settings

#2 Where it says Default From Address, select the e-mail address that you want the mail to come from.

#3 Press Save.

0 Likes