Unlinking Verizon email from Yahoo portal
mrsgmz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I use Outlook for email and periodically it stops working giving me the message that it can't connect to the outgoing server.  It started again two days ago.

I just got off the phone with Verizon support.  They told me to take the 'yahoo' out of the server names and just make them 'incoming(or outgoing.verizon.net'.  They gave me several port numbers to try.  Nothing worked and they claim I just have to accept this till Yahoo and Verizon completely separate. 

Even using Yahoo mail web service is annoying as emails take hours to reach me sometimes.

This is very frustrating!!  I can't believe there is no solution.  Please help!

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unlinking Verizon email from Yahoo portal
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Simply taking Yahoo out of the server name doesn't actually change the account. You don't have to wait for the separation of Yahoo and Verizon. You can migrate your email off the yahoo partnering and back on to the Verizon servers. If you decide this, you will lose anything saved on the Verizon-yahoo webmail. Anything you have already downloaded to your outlook will stay in your outlook. If you want to do the migration, please send me a private message so I can enable the switching on my end.

View solution in original post

Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Simply taking Yahoo out of the server name doesn't actually change the account. You don't have to wait for the separation of Yahoo and Verizon. You can migrate your email off the yahoo partnering and back on to the Verizon servers. If you decide this, you will lose anything saved on the Verizon-yahoo webmail. Anything you have already downloaded to your outlook will stay in your outlook. If you want to do the migration, please send me a private message so I can enable the switching on my end.

mrsgmz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Problem has been solved.  Thank you so much for your help.

0 Likes
mpvertino

I too want to get away from yahoo. How do I do it?

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

If you log into the www.verizon.com site you can go into your settings and unlink your email account. Please let me know if you need further assistance in doing this.

0 Likes
SJPVA

I need to unlink mine as well. Been fighting with this for days. Email works on some subaccounts one day don't the next. Where do I go once I log in on verizon.com?

0 Likes
SJPVA

I found it and that fixed my issue with Mozilla Thunderbird and yahoo verizon username and password issue.

0 Likes
sammys31

I followed the instructions to unlink Verizon from Yahoo and even got an email confirming it but it is still taking me to the VerizonYahoo webmail page.  Please help...thanks!

0 Likes
Midge713

I am having the same problem. I followed the instructions & received an e-mail confirmation stating that my Verizon account & my free Yahoo mail account had been unlinked. When I go to the MyVerizon homepage & select e-mail, it still states the Yahoo portal is what I've selected to view my e-mail and takes me to the VerizonYahoo page. How do I stop this and just view my Verizon e-mails in the Message Center?

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sammy & Midge,

You have just unassociated your free yahoo account with your Verizon Yahoo email service. With the yahoo account associated, it upgrades the free yahoo account to a premium one. The process you went through didn't actually unlink your entire Verizon email service from the yahoo mail service. To do this please ...

-Login to your account on Verizon.com

-In the red bar at the top click ACCOUNT then ACCOUNT PROFILE.

-Scroll all the way to the bottom and click CHANGE MY ONLINE EXPERIENCE under the "Online Experience" heading.

-Read the disclaimer and check all 3 boxes at the bottom

-Click CONFIRM