Verizon SPAM filter problems.
houdini1965
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been using Verizon's email since 2006 and the SPAM filter has never been very effective.  There are plenty of other posts regarding this very issue on this forum.

I have the SpamDetector turned ON in the settings, and have the messages put into the SpamDetector folder so I can review them later.   I have contacted Verizons phone technical support numerous times every year regarding this issue and it's never resolved.   I've forwarded groups of emails to my gmail, yahoo, and hotmail accounts and their SPAM filters all filtered properly.

To sum it up in one word regarding how well Verizon's SpamDetector works.  Pathetic!

Here are three screen caps of my webmail.  One current inbox, one from files a year ago, and one showing the few files the SpamDetector moved to the correct folder.   Please explain how the spam filter is even remotely working?  

Current emails.

Emails a year ago.

SpamDetector folder.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon SPAM filter problems.
houdini1965
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was hoping that a Verizon representative would have at least acknowledge that they had read my post.   Man Mad

Why can't you fix this rather simple issue, or outsource the job if you're IT department can't??

Regards, Erich

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

This is a peer-to-peer support forum. If you want to get a message to Verizon, you should contact them directly via one of the options on their Contact Us page.

0 Likes
houdini1965
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've contacted them multiple times as stated in my first post.

I guess this forum is going to be as useless as the tech support people I've talked to on the phone.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I just commented on this on another thread.

I have two ids and one gets ton of spam including a bunch of the same you got.  The other has only gotten one in the year and a half it has existed.  The new one is the one I mostly use now.  But the old one has been around a long time and obviously gotten passed on to lots of spammers.

0 Likes