Verizon / Yahoo Unlink + Transfer errors
pcheung5

Hi,

I used to have an account on verizon as pcheung84 @ verizon.net that was linked to {edited for privacy}

Since then i've cancelled the account with verizon because I was moving - and later resigned under a new account

I'm trying to get them unlinked so I can access some info / emails on my Yahoo! acct.

When logging into verizon/yahoo portal with {edited for privacy}, it tells me:

"Verizon Yahoo! Account Cancellation Options Verizon Yahoo! account canceled You no longer have access to Verizon Yahoo! for Broadband services because you canceled your Verizon Yahoo! account {edited for privacy}. To reactivate your Verizon Yahoo! account, please call Verizon Customer Service at 800-567-6789. If you do not want to reactivate your Verizon Yahoo! account, you can create a new free Yahoo! account and transfer your existing settings and personal information (for example, email messages, address book entries, and photos) to this new Yahoo! account. Once the transfer is complete, your settings and personal information cannot be restored to your Verizon Yahoo! account {edited for privacy} if you decide to reactivate it later. Choose Transfer information to create a new free Yahoo! account so we can transfer your existing settings and personal information such as your email messages, address book entries, and photos. Once you transfer your personal information, your linked Yahoo! account {edited for privacy}will be automatically unlinked and reverted to a free Yahoo! account. All your personal information on your Yahoo! account {edited for privacy}will be preserved. However, you will lose access to Verizon Yahoo! services. If you take no action to transfer your account within 60 days of the cancellation of your Verizon Yahoo! account, your existing settings and personal information (for example, email messages, address book entries, photos) will be permanently deleted. If you have purchased additional services (such as a Yahoo! Personals subscription), those services will also be canceled."

and it also gives me a transfer button - however when i try transferring, it gives me this:

"Verizon Yahoo! Account Cancellation Options Sorry, we are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later."

I get the same exact error when logging indirectly with my yahoo acct info. Please help me unlink this! or make the transfer work?

All emails w/o spaces.

Thanks! Paul

0 Likes