Verizon email failure in Japan
gnv
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have frequently traveled from the US. to Japan since 2010.  I have been able to send and receive emails using Outlook and my Verizon account settings during this period without any disruptions or failures.  

Starting in April of 2013, my Outgoing emails do not send and I get a message indicating that I am unable to connect with the outgoing server.  My incoming email operates normally with no interruptions.  I have had outgoing email failures in Tokyo, Nagoya, Osaka, and Fukuoka.  

Are there any solutions or workarounds for this problem?.  

My current settings as prescribed by Verizon:

Server

Setting

SSL Enabled

Port

Incoming

POP3 Server 

pop.verizon.net

YES

Outgoing

SMTP Server

smtp.verizon.net

YES

Depending on your email application, you may need to disable/turn off Secure Password Authentication and, if applicable, make sure your Authentication method is set to “Password” or “Normal password.” In addition, you may need to reboot/restart your device for these new settings to take effect and for your email to continue working properly.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon email failure in Japan
gnv
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did find a workable solution.  There are third party services which offer global outgoing email service.  I used SMPT2GO which offers several plans.  It is easy and  IT WORKS!  However, since I am a Verizon customer it would be nice if Verizon would offer solutions for continuous, consistent, and seamless incoming and outgoing email service worldwide.  

0 Likes