Verizon email support and customer service - simply horrible
aisforannoyed
Enthusiast - Level 1

After spending a frustrating and annoying morning trying to get Verizon Technical Support to help fix a problem with blocked access to Webmail, I notice on this forum that mine is not the only problem,.....except I have not seen the same issue denoted.

I was attempting to get help to resolve an issue accessing WebMail where i get a screen that says:
"Sorry, You cannot access WebMail from [ip address] to due spam activity.  Please contact abuse@verizon.net for assistance."  yes, that is the actual message.  First....How the FREAK (polite word entered here) do you contact an EMAIL ADDRESS when you can't get to email?.  That's like hearing 'You have a problem with your telephone?...well just call me and we can fix the problem". 

Second, after dialing support numbers twice (first time afer spending 35 minutes on hold, the person answering the phone hung up on me) the person that finally picked up after another 20 minutes on hold could not offer any help.  They had to enter a trouble ticket for IT to look into the problem.  When I requested a ticket number for reference, I was told they can't give me that because they really had no way to immediately enter a trouble report.  HELLO!?!  What good is support if you don't give the persons answering the phone access or authority to put in tickets?

When queried about an estimated resolution time, I was told up to two billing cycles.  HELLO AGAIN?!?  My Verizon email is with the KEEPMYEMAIL plan....one year paid up front.  So this explanation, by itself, indicates up to two years to resolve an issue.

I've been around for a few years and this is the worst I have experienced with Verizon...and I know that the company has very sophisticated trouble ticketing system....I was part of the team that built them and can assure anyone reading this message it was not designed to be difficult or inaccessible.  Verizon has changed and not for the better.  When a company hides behind email and circular voice response systems it's an indication that customer service is NOT their priority.  Think I joking?  Just look at the webpages and see if you can find a single customer relationship management contact that you can call or send a message or mail to.  All you find is a general correspondence address in St. Petersburg Florida.  

If, by some miracle, this moves up the chain or authority, here's a thought.  Does this remind anyone of the MA BELL comedy sketch by Lilly Thomlin?  Isn't this attitude the same reason that Verzon was born out of the breakup of AT&T in the first place? 

Just sign me - Aisforannoyed

Re: Verizon email support and customer service - simply horrible
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi aisforannoyed,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes