Verizon has no interest in blocking spam
FWEhr
Contributor - Level 1

There's a slight chance that Verizon actually blocks some spam, but it's clear it is oblivious to much of the crap flooding email systems. My desktop email client is Thunderbird and it catches over half the spam that Verizon lets through.

In addition, just to prove that Verizon doesn't care, their Spam Detector page will not load.

If anyone has had any success forwarding spam messages to Verizon (I believe using abuse@verizon.net will not work), please reply with that email address, and thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon has no interest in blocking spam
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

The address to send spam to is

spamdetector.notcaught@verizon.net

I also send a copy at the same time to the Goverment site

spam@uce.gov

Don't expect the amount of spam to be reduced much by doing this.

Something must be wrong on your computer (or it was a temporary klitch) as the Spam Dectector page works fine for me.  Possibly you need to clear your Browser Cache.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

The address to send spam to is

spamdetector.notcaught@verizon.net

I also send a copy at the same time to the Goverment site

spam@uce.gov

Don't expect the amount of spam to be reduced much by doing this.

Something must be wrong on your computer (or it was a temporary klitch) as the Spam Dectector page works fine for me.  Possibly you need to clear your Browser Cache.

0 Likes
FWEhr
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks for your help. While the link http://www.verizon.com/support/residential/internet/fiosinternet/email/security/questionsone/85338.h... times out in Firefox, it does work in IE (which I never use). And I do have spam detector enabled, already.

I'll try forwarding some of the more common spams to that address you gave me.

0 Likes