Verizon won't let me report phishing mail to ebay and Paypal
misterbill99
Contributor - Level 1

I recently got phish mails claiming to be from Paypal and ebay. They were in the Spamdetector folder so I tried to report them to spoof@ebay/paypal.com, as I always have done in the past.

When I try to send it, Verizon gives me an error 5.7.1 telling me that the email I was trying to send has been determined to be spam and it will not send it. Thanks, Verizon, I know it is spam, that is why I am reporting it! I can understand that they want to protect themselves from having spam sent, but it seems like they could put some smarts in to allow it to be sent to known phishing reporting addresses so I can let Paypal and ebay know about the email and check where it came from. Is this too much to ask? Stupid question, I guess.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon won't let me report phishing mail to ebay and Paypal
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Try attaching the emails to your new message instead of sending the text directly. Many times that will let it get through.

0 Likes
misterbill99
Contributor - Level 1

You mean save it as a text file and attach the file to an email? I don't think that the reporting tools like spoof@paypal.com will accept it that way, will they? I will admit that I've never tried. since forwarding via the email client is the normal way t do it.

0 Likes
mysticquest
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is one of the reason's I find Verizon to be out of touch with the needs of their customers.  I'm trying to forward this spam email to paypal to put a stop to this and Verizon makes it impossible for me to protect myself.  GREAT Thanks Verizon.  Once again I feel like I've been screwed.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Depends on your mailer.  Its hard to do with the webmail as it currently exists.  Very easy from most computer based mailers.  Most of these sites accept the common formats such as EML for reports of spamers and phishers.

Reporting it just to Verizon helps.   They do foward the more serious problems to a common group that will report serious problems to all their members.  Especially phishing attempts.

0 Likes