Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Bronze Contributor I
RetiredDBA
Device: PC
Plan: Phone/DSL
0 Kudos

Where to report suspicious e-mail

I received an e-mail at my verizon.net address that looks like a scam.  It contains an attachment that I don't trust.  Is there somewhere I can report this to Verizon so they can take more action to investigate this e-mail for malware.

I didn't download this e-mail or its attachment to my computer.  It's residing in the computer of the folks who provide my in box. 

Either Verizon or Yahoo should be able to take a look at it easily if they want to.  I'm not seeking help for myself.  I want to report this as a public service. 

There's always the chance that I'm falsely accusing someone who sent an innocuous e-mail.

Gold Contributor V
somegirl
0 Kudos

Re: Where to report suspicious e-mail

Forward it to abuse@verizon.net if you want it investigated.

Forward it to spamdetector.notcaught@verizon.net if you think it should have been blocked as spam.

Either way, you probably will not get a response.

If you want to test for malware locally, run a malware/virus/spyware scan on it with whatever security software you have available.

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools