Why a non-useable avatar?
womquat

I just started using Verizon webmail because Yahoo sux. I noticed when I send an e-mail and look in the sent folder there is a grey generic male avatar there to the left of the address header. I contacted Verizon to see about uploading my own avatar and they told me that is not doable. Can anyone explain to me why in the world there is a useless avatar there in the first place? Man Mad

Seems both silly and stupid to have something like that.

Thx, womquat

0 Likes
Re: Why a non-useable avatar?
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

What you are seeing there is not your avatar. That is the avatar for the person you are sending the email to. If you want to change it for that contact, do the following

-Go into your contact list

-Click on contact you want to change

-Click the EDIT button at top

-Click on the CHANGE IMAGE link underneath the default grey picture on the right side

-Click UPLOAD IMAGE

-Click BROWSE

-Then pick the picture on your computer you want to use for that contact.

This again is a picture for who you are sending it. Not your own. This makes it easier when going through your contact list to pick a familair face. They do not see this image on their end, its not sent with the email. That is why there is no avatar image for yourself. I hope this information helps you.

Justin46
Legend

Anthony,

Excellent explanation! It sure is not very obvious what it is and how to do it from looking around the email application. Is that process documented somehwere besides what you wrote?

Anyway, thanks.....

Keller, TX 76248

Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I have not seen documentation for it anywhere I have looked. Just found it out through using it when the new webmail came online.

0 Likes