Windows Live Mail
mitchellfan

Hi. I am brand new and only somewhat fluent with Windows Live Mail.  I had been using it for my comcast account and, now that I see how small my Verizon account is, I would like to use it for my new Verizon email account.  A few questions:  I saw some random item somewhere on a Verizon site from 2010 saying that live mail isn't compatible with Verizon any longer, yet this confuses me because I see people apparently using it even today.  The windows live mail website doesn't seem to address the issue. so (1) can I use it? and if so (2) HOW do I use it (what are the proper settings for incoming/outgoing and all that?  Thanks.  I'm burning out over this issue. Oh, and one more question (3) I trust that if I can use it, it will give me huge capacity over Verizon's little storage capacity?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Windows Live Mail
Justin46
Legend

@mitchellfan wrote:

Hi. I am brand new and only somewhat fluent with Windows Live Mail.  I had been using it for my comcast account and, now that I see how small my Verizon account is, I would like to use it for my new Verizon email account.  A few questions:  I saw some random item somewhere on a Verizon site from 2010 saying that live mail isn't compatible with Verizon any longer, yet this confuses me because I see people apparently using it even today.  The windows live mail website doesn't seem to address the issue. so (1) can I use it? and if so (2) HOW do I use it (what are the proper settings for incoming/outgoing and all that?  Thanks.  I'm burning out over this issue. Oh, and one more question (3) I trust that if I can use it, it will give me huge capacity over Verizon's little storage capacity?

I am not sure I understand all of your questions, but.....

1) Yes. I have been using Windows Live Mail for years with Verizon email accounts via FiOS, works great.

2) Here is a link to a thread where I posted the SSL settings I have been using for about 9 months now:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Windows-Live-Mail-SSL-Account-Definitions-for-verizon...

3) Don't understand this question. WLM is a PC-based client and the emails are stored on your computer's hard drive, your storage capacity is limited only by the size of the hard drive and how much free space you have on it (Note: Verizon email supports only POP3, it does not support IMAP). When you use Verizon's webmail interface to access and manage your email, you are seeing and storing the mail only on Verizon's email server, not on your PC, so then whatever capacity Verizon provides is the limit.

Keller, TX 76248

View solution in original post

Re: Windows Live Mail
Justin46
Legend

@mitchellfan wrote:

I am not sure I understand all of your questions, but.....

1) Yes. I have been using Windows Live Mail for years with Verizon email accounts via FiOS, works great.

2) Here is a link to a thread where I posted the SSL settings I have been using for about 9 months now:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Windows-Live-Mail-SSL-Account-Definitions-for-verizon...

3) Don't understand this question. WLM is a PC-based client and the emails are stored on your computer's hard drive, your storage capacity is limited only by the size of the hard drive and how much free space you have on it (Note: Verizon email supports only POP3, it does not support IMAP). When you use Verizon's webmail interface to access and manage your email, you are seeing and storing the mail only on Verizon's email server, not on your PC, so then whatever capacity Verizon provides is the limit.

Keller, TX 76248