block spam address
colp

I recently started getting 15-20 spams a day on my primary account. Forwarding to spamdetector not caught has not worked. All spam addresses end in .info.  Can someone give me step by step directions on blocking all e-mails that end in .info

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: block spam address
Peter_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Hi,

In the Verizon mail page click where it says settings near the top of the page. then go to e-mail settings, then Filters . From there you would choose From/Contains enter in Info, then decide if you want it move the mail to a folder, forward them to an e-mail address or just delete them, click save and you should be good. Also in the inbox if you click it and then click spam it will notify our spam filters.

I hope this helps

Peter C.

View solution in original post

Peter_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Hi,

In the Verizon mail page click where it says settings near the top of the page. then go to e-mail settings, then Filters . From there you would choose From/Contains enter in Info, then decide if you want it move the mail to a folder, forward them to an e-mail address or just delete them, click save and you should be good. Also in the inbox if you click it and then click spam it will notify our spam filters.

I hope this helps

Peter C.

colp

Peter,

Thanks for your quick response.  I have set my spam filters and verizon sends quite a bit of spam to my spam folder: howerver, this is a consistent bunch of spams, They come in bunches of 5 or 10, sent just minutes apart. Started about a month ago, just after I changed to the new e-mail format. I have spent time with verizon agents on the phone and live chat. They have no solution, except to foward spam e-mails to spamdetector.notcaught @verizon.net. I have been doing this religously to no avail.

Since all the spams in these bunches end in either .info or .us, I wanted to try to block all e-mails with these endings. I know how to block a full e-mail address, but just need to know if there is a way to block all e-mails with these 2 endings. This has become quite the aggravation and I am contemplating having to change providers.  That would really be a problem as I have so many e-mails saved under different subjects in "my folders", and my wife is very comfortable with verizon yahoo e-mail.

Is there any way to accomplish this blocking of these e-mails.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

John

0 Likes
colp

Peter,

Sorry, please disregard the reply I sent about 30 minutes ago after reading your reply to my original problem.  I just re-read your reply and realize that you did provide me the directions I asked for.  I didn't quite understand , until I played with the Options, rather than the settings button and with your instructions, figured out how to make the filter settings.  I won't know if this works, until tomorrow, as the spams only come in during the work week.  If it works, I will come back on as select that it fixed the problem. 

Thaks again

John

0 Likes
colp

Thanks again,

After re-reading your reply and finding the filter setting ( it was under options vs settings), I followed your directions and now have experienced 6 days with no spam in my inbox.  I couldn't find a place in this forum to check that my problem had been solved.

John

0 Likes
colp

After posting the last message to you a moment ago, the box came up to accept your message as the solution. I checked it.

Thanks again, I will probably use the forum in the future before I spend hours on the phone trying to solve problems.

John

0 Likes
jjv4

Marking spam email as "spam" does not keep it from coming through again!  I get the same junk from the same addresses that I have marked as spam.  Please help.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Reporting them as spam is suppose to send them for analysis to however works on the spam detector.  However the way they do this is not to add the person who sends it to you, often changing or fake anyway.  They instead try and look for other things.  Of course I feel they miss some obvious things such as lots of gibberish that is often sent in non-displayable html fields, in attempts to break various mail handlers.

0 Likes