email logon failures
manderixx
Enthusiast - Level 1

Suddenly server rejects all logon attempts...check Password and settings...nothing was changed.....3 days now being rejected on all my devices w/same msg. Huh!?

0 Likes
Re: email logon failures
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

This just got me to my Inbox

https://mail.verizon.com/webmail/driver?nimlet=showmessages&view=emails#mail_Emails_INBOX

been working for me for a long time

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is peer to peer support.  We need more info before we can be sure we you are getting proper help.  e.g what server names.  pop.verizon.net and smtp.verizon.net?

0 Likes
Doodaman

This problem just started for me... I get the following error message:

Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC1A) : 'Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified. Try changing the encryption method. Contact your mail server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP) for additional assistance.'

This is the following settings that I am using:

Incoming server: pop.verizon.net

Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.verison.net

Username : email address without the @verizon.net

Password : ************

Server Ports:

Incoming (pop3): 995, checked "This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)

Outgoing server (smtp): 465

Use the following type of encrypted connection : SSL

Server Timeouts: long (4 minutes and 50 seconds)

Worked well prior to 8/19 without any changes.

Using Windows 10 with Outlook 2010

0 Likes
silverado4x4
Contributor - Level 2

I have the same problem and error but if I hit the send/recieve button then I will recieve e-mails, sometimes I dont need to hit the button as it will work as normal but most of the time I do. I cant figure it out.

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Because you mentioned Windows 10

You should monitor this forum

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/search/search?SearchTerm=email+settings+Verizon&IsSuggestedTerm=f...

Your solution may well be there.....someplace

I run Windows 7 and Chrome browser

Please post here if you find a solution to your problem

0 Likes
Doodaman

I have tried nearly all the suggestions mentioned just about everywhere that comes up on a search and in all the Microsoft forums, support, etc. As I said in my post, the problem began around 8/19. Prior to that date (which is also after upgrading to Windows 10) I had no problems. Microsoft is blaming Norton, Norton says it's a Microsoft issue and others say it's a configuration problem. I had this problem intermittently prior to upgrading so I don't think it had anything to do with Windows 10 or Norton. I think it may be a problem with Outlook, but have seen little comments on that. While I notice the problem more with Verizon accounts, I also get it with my Live account and Gmail. I also use Outlook to retrieve several IMAP accounts, and don't have the issue, so I beleive it is a POP3 issue. Since it is occuring with greater frequency to my Verizon POP3 accounts, I think it is something there, but from the lack of comments from Verizon, they're probably saying it is not their issue as well.

0 Likes