John782
Enthusiast - Level 2

unable to send or received emails with the new settings of

You'll need the following email settings:

• Incoming mail server (POP3): incoming.verizon.net
  • Incoming Server Port Numbers: 995
  • Outgoing mail server (SMTP): outgoing.verizon.net
  • Outgoing Server Port Numbers: 465  

Tried called several times however the wait is too long.

Thank you for taking the time to read this message; and I look forward to a reply.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: email settings
Hubrisnxs
Legend

if the SSL settings don't work right off the bat, then try disabling the firewall and antivirus.   if you disable both and it STILL doesn't work, then try the NON ssl settings and see if those work instead.

so those settings are

• incoming.verizon.net   port 110 (no ssl check)
  • outgoing.verizon.net    port 587 (no ssl check)

make sure to put a check for my server requires authentication and leave SPA unchecked (secure password authentication)

The my  server requires authentication will look like this

OR

View solution in original post

Hubrisnxs
Legend

www.verizon.com/repair  try their auto fix tool.  it worked for me. 

John782
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks that worked on my computer but not on wireless equipment.  Any other suggestion I might try.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

if the SSL settings don't work right off the bat, then try disabling the firewall and antivirus.   if you disable both and it STILL doesn't work, then try the NON ssl settings and see if those work instead.

so those settings are

• incoming.verizon.net   port 110 (no ssl check)
  • outgoing.verizon.net    port 587 (no ssl check)

make sure to put a check for my server requires authentication and leave SPA unchecked (secure password authentication)

The my  server requires authentication will look like this

OR

John782
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you those setting worked.  I did not know that you could use different settings to send and receive email from the same company.  Thanks again.

Hubrisnxs
Legend

glad to help!     🙂

Art_P

Wish one of the above suggestions worked for me.

Using Thunderbird, and up until this morning no issues, now all of a sudden can't send, tho receives incoming mail just fine.

Get this error message:

An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:  Transaction failed : Cannot send message due to possible abuse; please visit http://postmaster.yahoo.com/abuse_smtp.html for more information. Please check the message and try again.

I've tried changing port, ssl settings, rebooting... and nothing works.

And the online agent is just useless unless you're using Outlook/OE (which, BTW, works)

Totally frustrated here.

It seems like they've decided to flag Thunderbird as a threat and block it now?

Any thoughts?

0 Likes
John782
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thunderbird never work after verizon change ports.  Try down loading K9 it is free and the port settings given to me in previous email works great.  Also, K9 is easier to delete read emails.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:  Transaction failed : Cannot send message due to possible abuse; please visit http://postmaster.yahoo.com/abuse_smtp.html for more information. Please check the message and try again.

that's a very specific message.   it says that it's flagging your system as possible spam.   so my question is, are you able to send ANY email or is all email getting flagged that way.      if all email gets that message, then you probably have a bad header or footer, or signature file.   

Go to this website, there is an email address on there with instructions.  you send the email and then they send you back a reply with whatthey think is giving the red flags.   www.isnotspam.com

you can adjust from there.    OR you can take out your signature files and start stripping your email down to be as plain jane as possible   meaning just a TO and a FROM a Subject and a body and send it.   it should go through without any fancy backgrounds or signatures.      

so give those suggestions a try and report back to homebase

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

fyi, it's possible for thunderbird to have these bad redflag generating things, and not outlook, so stay in thunderbird, and try the suggestions above

0 Likes