i'm not able to receive e-mail messages
leachmd5

I can successfully send e-mails, but am not able to receive any???

0 Likes
Re: i'm not able to receive e-mail messages
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Are the senders getting any type of error? What happens if you send a test message to yourself?

You should check your settings:

On the My Account page:
1. Mail Forwarding - Make sure it says "Off"
2. Email Storage - Make sure this is at less than 99%

In Mail under My Settings (can be accessed from your Inbox):
1. Blocking - Make sure that you do not have the sender's address/domain in your Blocked Senders list.
2. Filters - Make sure that all of your filters are set up correctly. Be especially wary of "not" filters. (Ex: If subject does not contain spam then automatically delete.)
3. Spam Detector - On the Setup tab, set this to save the messages to your SpamDetector folder, then check for the missing messages there.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you need more information about any of these settings, or if these are all set correctly and you still cannot receive.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

It occurs to me that you may have a Yahoo portalled account. If so, your settings may be located in different places, and there's a whole other set of issues it could be. If you do have a Verizon/Yahoo account, then mostly those first two questions are important:

Are the senders getting any type of error?

What happens if you send a test message to yourself?

0 Likes
Murphy63

I am having the same problem, able to send, but not able to receive.  I have verizon.yahoo . . . is this what you have?  Have you gotten any resolution?  Or figured out if it's verizon or yahoo?

Thanks

0 Likes
leachmd5

my e-mail page says verizon/yahoo mail.  But my e-mail address is just            verizon.net.   I've talked to several people at verizon, but still don't have an answer.  All I'm getting is "we have a lot down right now", and" you are one of millions", and "we are working to get you back up".  But know one can tell me  what is wrong or why it's me and not my son or daughter.  When I attempt to send an e-mail to my self I just get a message saying "sent".  Same with my kids.  They have sent me messages and no red flags or anything, I simply don't get the message

0 Likes
Redy2LeevVer2

Acouple of days ago, the verizon home page went belly up so I had to access e-mail directly through the Yahoo Mail home and start using that as my new home page. I concluded that this was because of the Verizon change over away from Yahoo.  Way to go Verizon, alienate a bunch of customers and don't provide change-over service.  The day before yesterday, what a relief!  I opened my verizon.net e-mail on yahoo and there was only a third the e-mails there to sort through for the day. I figured I was just lucky and I must have sorted them more recently then I thought.  The next day, yesterday, when I opened my e-mail, there were no incoming e-mails when I went to yahoo directly and I am now in my second hour of trying to get customer support for how to access my e-mails.  I only get 40 or 50 non-spams per day, but I use my e-mail records to keep track of some contacts which are very important to me.  I've been on the phone with internet e-mail customer support for an hour now, (One Hour) listening to the repeating hold message of    "We are experiencing an unusually busy period.  Your call is important to us.  Please stay on the line and your call will be answered in the order in which it was received.  Your approximate wait time is less than 30 minutes."  The message has been repeating this false iformation for the last hour and 10 minutes now.  The time period is not diminishing, counting down or changing at all.  Its just wrong.  Verizon is really trying hard to convince me to drop them and go with another company.  Why would a company do that to a long term steady paying customer?  How can they stay in business doing this with their customer service?   They have totally lost their minds!

0 Likes
leachmd5

I am sharing your frustration.....totally!  I came here looking for some sort of answer from another customer since verizon customer service has been useless to me.  HELP  if anyone has any answers.  I work from my e-mails.

0 Likes
Somalicat

Frustrated here, too.  A few weeks ago, I was able to send, but not receive.  Now, I can neither send or receive from my Outlook.  This stopped abruptly.  Was working fine for months and months.  I have spoken to Verizon 3 times.  First time they walked me thru setting up Outlook - all was well to begin with because nothing had changed. They said it must be on their end.  I waited 2 days and e-mail came back -- for about 5-6 hours.  Then it went down again.  I called the big "V", but this time the rep said -- it is not us -- it is Outlook -- get in contact with Microsoft.  Yeah, sure...   So, I called back. This one agreed that it was not Outlook - but could not help.  I have been reading and sending e-mails from the main Verizon website ever since.   I believe my contract is just about up -- if this is not resolved by the time that happens, I am going back to Comcast!  If anyone has any ideas -- please post!!

0 Likes
kack1951

I am unable to receive emails too.  I can send but not receive.  what can I do to fix this. Verizon has been no help

0 Likes
kack1951

Verizon told me the same thing.  I set up another email account with Google.  This is ridiculous, what do I do next?

0 Likes