poor support for email problems
nan24

I used online chat for my email problems.  I was asked repeatedly for information I had already given.  My problem is with not receiving email from kohls since April 30.  I am on their senders list, they are on my safe senders list, they are not in my spam detector.  I was told to fill out a whitelist form which I did twice.  The problem was to be resolved within 24-72 hours.  No resolution.  This has happened before and after several contacts to verizon, the problem was resolved.  Any other ideas how I can resolve the issue myself without all the frustration of contacting verizon?

0 Likes
Re: poor support for email problems
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@nan24 wrote:

I used online chat for my email problems.  I was asked repeatedly for information I had already given.  My problem is with not receiving email from kohls since April 30.  I am on their senders list, they are on my safe senders list, they are not in my spam detector.  I was told to fill out a whitelist form which I did twice.  The problem was to be resolved within 24-72 hours.  No resolution.  This has happened before and after several contacts to verizon, the problem was resolved.  Any other ideas how I can resolve the issue myself without all the frustration of contacting verizon?

What was the resolution the last time?

Have you checked your blocked senders list to make sure the domain and/or individual address aren't accidentally in there?

Also check your filters for any that may be blocking the mail.

0 Likes
nan24

As I mentioned, they are on my safe senders list, not in spam detector, and I am on their mail list.  The last time this happened I filled out several whitelist forms but I never received a response from verizon.  My email from kohls miraculously reappeared one day.  So far this time I have filled out three whitelist forms with no response.  The verizon rep told me it would take between 24 and 72 hours.  It has been weeks. 

0 Likes
bruteforce1
Enthusiast - Level 3

nan do you get the spam faq message when you try to send them mail?

0 Likes
nan24

no.  The only mail I sent them was to make sure I was still on their senders list.

0 Likes
bruteforce1
Enthusiast - Level 3

so let's get this right the "safe senders list" does not work right?and verizon can mark mail as spam with no notice

0 Likes
bruteforce1
Enthusiast - Level 3

somegirl,

can someone explain why spam is showing up in the spam folder even if you mark it as spam?as a customer do we really wanna see spam emails they should not even be in any folder.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@bruteforce wrote:

somegirl,

can someone explain why spam is showing up in the spam folder even if you mark it as spam?as a customer do we really wanna see spam emails they should not even be in any folder.

You want it in your spam folder, although there is an option to have it deleted immediately.  The reasons is there are FALSE positives.  e.g. the original poster might have a false positive on his Kohl email.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@somegirl wrote:

@nan24 wrote:

What was the resolution the last time?

Have you checked your blocked senders list to make sure the domain and/or individual address aren't accidentally in there?

Also check your filters for any that may be blocking the mail.

In addition the email  could be being blocked before it even reaches Verizon.  But if it reaches Verizon it should, at worst, go in to your spam folder (assuming you haven't set your spam to automatically delete).  You then can mark it as not spam and you can write a rule to send a copy to you inbox anyway.

0 Likes
nan24

I have checked everything mentioned.  Anything with the word kohls in the address is to go directly into my in box.  I was never given an explanation the last time this happened.  In fact, I had given up on resolving the issue.  I think it's time to check into a new ISP. 

0 Likes