verizon yahoo access problems
lil29brat

Ever since I changed my password, I cannot log into my Verizon Yahoo email on yahoo site.  I have no problems logging into my account on the verizon website.  I also cannot set up my email verizon.net email account in any other mail programs, keeps stating that username or password are no correct.  HELP  Been dealing with this for 2 weeks now since I chatted with your help people.  This account is our subaccount to main account.

0 Likes
Re: verizon yahoo access problems
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@lil29brat wrote:

Ever since I changed my password, I cannot log into my Verizon Yahoo email on yahoo site.  I have no problems logging into my account on the verizon website.  I also cannot set up my email verizon.net email account in any other mail programs, keeps stating that username or password are no correct.  HELP  Been dealing with this for 2 weeks now since I chatted with your help people.  This account is our subaccount to main account.

This is a peer-to-peer support forum. Based on your description of your issue, you should contact Verizon directly via one of the options on their Contact Us page.

None of us fellow end-users can fix an account issue.

0 Likes
Re: verizon yahoo access problems
Quasibozo

This topic should be de-listed then, so not to give those with the problem false hope.

For what it's worth as a discussion topic. I'm getting an idea there's more to this issue than a Verizon burp. I too, only in the last week and a half, have the same Verizon Yahoo log in glitch. I am unable to log in to my Verizon Yahoo to view my customized home page, retrieve my VY Bookmarks, or check my email. The oddity is, this problem is only on one PC. I've built an expensive Windows 8 Pro rig that is online, but not yet configured with my personal data because I'm still updating drivers. I can access my Verizon Yahoo on that PC. I have a Windows 7 laptop used exclusively for music and video from which I also can access Ver-Yah. Neither of those two have my Outlook data installed. I can view my mail via the V-Y web page. However, on this particular XP Home machine, where my MS Office 2010 and Outlook address book reside, I cannot log in to my V-Y personal page and some [Verizon dot net] pages. It just continually loops back to the log in page. On some Verizon log in links it brings me to a promo for Quantum Fios with a headphoned Asian. It prompts for a reply, and no matter what reply it loops back to the same page. It's endless and frustrating, and no one has answers. The In Home Agent, as well as the automated avatar is totally useless.

I scan and update religiously with my MS Security Essentials and multiple malware applications. There is no malware problem here. It leads me to believe it is an issue with MS XP support. As XP can only manage up to IE 8, and the technology is leaving it in the dust. It may be that recent updates in Yahoo and Verizon are not compatible. If anyone hasn't noticed, even Adobe Flash now has a minimum PC prowess requirement to be able to update to the latest version. The OS, CPU speed, amount of system Ram, the amount of GPU Ram, and IE version all must meet specifications.

The web based mail applications of Verizon and Yahoo are not my default email. I keep no contact information there. What I do is preview my email from the web page, edit my folders to assure there's no misdirected spam, read what is pertinent and delete all the rest. Only then do I download, what I want to keep or respond, to my Outlook application. The preference of Yahoo is that their email and web filters offer another layer of security. That is why I use it.

I'm dissappointed in the situation, but not panicking, as I'm soon to move my personal data to the new machine, upgrade this one to a Win 7, and hopefully find it a good home. It's just that in the interim, there is important communications reliant on this XP working. Complications arrived a couple of weeks too soon.

0 Likes