yahoo pop mail settings
sjal

Ever since Verizon linked my email to yahoo, I've had trouble.  Now, in the past few days, I cannot access my Verizon pop mail account which is attached to my Verzion ID.  I've written dozens of comments to both yahoo and Verizon and no replies.    I CAN access my yahoo account vis Web interface.    Any thoughts on this?

0 Likes
Re: yahoo pop mail settings
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

For the sake of example, we are going to pretend that we are setting up fictional account "fakeacct@verizon.net" and the password for logging into that account in webmail is "fakepassword" - Again, this is a fictitious account for the sake of an example.

The settings for using Verizon/Yahoo servers would be:
Incoming Serverincoming.yahoo.verizon.net
Server Requires Authentication: Yes
Username: fakeacct
Password: fakepassword
Requires a Secure Connection (SSL): No
Port: 110

Outgoing Serveroutgoing.yahoo.verizon.net
Server Requires Authentication: Yes (You can set it to use the same settings as incoming, or manually enter the username and password.)
Requires a Secure Connection (SSL): No
Port: 25

0 Likes
yahoo pop mail
sjal

AGAIN. AGAIN,.AGAIN, YAhoo pop email does not allow me to connect to my verizon email.  This is growing very old.  It happens all the time.  Don't placate me with stupid talk.  I've worked with computers since before the days of floppy disks and I'm not a novice, BUT this yahoo garbage with email connections has become ridiculous. 

0 Likes
Re: yahoo pop mail
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Normal Verizon POP settings are incoming.verizon.net  but yahoo/verizon are incoming.yahoo.verizon.net

She is suggesting that is likely the problem.   Have you checked that?    

Incoming port 110  outgoing port 587. 

0 Likes
Re: yahoo pop mail settings
annamad98
Enthusiast - Level 1
Spoiler
Cannot receive Verizon Yahoo email on iphone
Spoiler
CANNOT get verizon yahoo email on iPhone . The settings must be wrong although I have spoken to Verizon on at least 12 occasions from MULTIPLE countries outside the U.S., the settings must be wrong. I continually get a message that says my id or password is incorrect. Yet, I KNOW those answers, doggone it!!!!! I use them on my computer constantly. After more than a decade of using Verizon, I'm ready to run away, and fast! Ever since my email was associated with Yahoo, this problem persists. Help me soon. I'm ready to bail!
0 Likes
Re: yahoo pop mail
annamad98
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree! Cannot make it work despite numerous conversations from Verizon employees around the WORLD. They even speak English faster than I do! So frustrating. I've tried everything unsuccessfully.

@sjal wrote:

AGAIN. AGAIN,.AGAIN, YAhoo pop email does not allow me to connect to my verizon email.  This is growing very old.  It happens all the time.  Don't placate me with stupid talk.  I've worked with computers since before the days of floppy disks and I'm not a novice, BUT this yahoo garbage with email connections has become ridiculous. 

0 Likes