1. I would love to be able setup time blocks where my children are not allowed to watch TV and get their homework done or go to bed without me always ending up as the bad guy.
2.Also, the ability to lock programs or channels is great, but it is annoying when I have to unlock a channel every time I move off the channel and return later during the same viewing session. I have turned off the global lock at times but forget to turn it back on and then my children have free access to shows that are not permitted in our home when they get on.
It would be nice to have the lock reset when the box is turned off and then back on
I'd like to see an unlock option that allows a time limit (end of show, 2hr, 4hr, etc) for the show, the channel or all parental controls.
Wouldn't it be cool if we had the ability to turn off those annoying tickers such as those on ESPN and cable news networks? Or even turn off those big, bright logos like CNN? I realize this may seem to be a far-fetched idea for today, but it sure would be cool down the road if providers like Verizon could work with the networks to enable a feature like this. It would help with the lifespan of our plasma TVs too!
When you were in the DVR recorded programs list, you could delete a recorded item without having to go through multiple menus... you would just press the red button on the remote (like the colored letter "C" on my remote) and you'd get a prompt and just select yes to delete it. Why can't you guys make it that easy?
1. There should be a way to check the history of DVR'd schedule and shows. One day I left for the day thinking that a certain show would be recorded, it was in the schedule and everything was fine and then when I got home, it was not there. I have no way to find out why it wasn't recorded. there is no one in my house who could have deleted it.
2. You should be able to jump to a certain point in a show that you are watching in DVR. If you are searching for something you should be albe just to choose - go to 6:56 min in and it would jump to there.
3. Also you should be able to see in the info of a show when the original air date was. So that way you can see which season it might have been originally aired in.
4. If you are looking at the Recorded DVR shows, there should be an easy way to see the 'upcoming show'. Sometimes if you are running out of room in the DVR, you can look at an upcoming show and then record it the nex time it comes on
5. Also I record several DVR TV shows that are also available on both the non HD channel and the HD channel. So if I want to cancel a show say on channel 5. About 5 minutes later, it shows back up on the schedule on channel 505. There should be a way to permanently delete a show from being recorded so you don't have to keep deleting the same show over and over.
6. Last one is that if you are viewing the information on a show that is like a 'season pass' type show, you should be able to cliek on a recorded show and see the upcoming shows to see when the next show will come on and whta it will be about
on 01-13-201108:00 PM - last edited on 01-14-201111:28 AM by DougVZ
How about tabs for the DVR similar to tabs in web browsers. The tab can show the name of the show currently on the DVR's 2nd tuner, and allow a SWAP feature between the two tuners. The tab could be customizable so that other information could be displayed, for example if I am watching a sports game, enabling a tab might automatically connect to the Internet and start retrieving information and stats on the team, players, etc. On commercials, the tab could bring up prices at different retailers for the product being advertized. Another use for the tab might be to have the menu to my favorite pizza place, and I could place my order right from the TV. Of course some of these options might be able to be implemented as just selectable options in the main menu, the idea of tabs is just more of a quick shortcut and Internet type feel to it that doesn't require more than 1-2 clicks on the remote to swap through information while still watching Live TV.
Hello verizon but this flexview fios offers, is still years behind services such as Amazon on demand and apples itunes, but much more threatened by Microsofts t zune service, which includes PC/ media player/windows phone 7/ and TV through xbox. By not offering hd content with surround sound right off the bat , who do you think is going to use this service. Secondly if you think customers are going to pay those prices fore SD content with stereo sound ,well sorry not going to happen.
fios needs to realize widgets that come free on new TV's and game consoles are the threat ; not cable or satellite .
Also where is windows phone 7 support for fios.Enough of this per phone model support. In two years no one will care for droid or blackberry..gonna be an apple/windows world for smartphones.period
The problem I experienced and am trying to rectify may serve as an area for Verizon improvement. I had FIOS Freedom Essentials with a low definition box. I was convinced when I called to see about switching to HD that I had to leave Freedom Essentials. This appears to be incorrect, that the plan had HD channels and that all I had to do was swap the box. In agreeing to an "upgrade" what actually happened was a drastic cut in the number of TV channels available and a 2 yr contract. Trying to reverse the order has been very trying and counterproductive to the goals of Verizon's customer service. May I suggest enabling the FIOS support personnel have access to the details of all plans (esp old, but active) so as to avoid such errors and ill-will.
It is nice to see all the statistical information in the System Information field of my DVR. It would also be nice to add these 2 features:
1) The DATE of the latest release. (currently 1.8, build 2.54) but what date was it released on??? January 2010 or November 2010?
2) The updates performed from the previous version to version1.8. What improvements are there from 1.7 to 1.8? Any bug fixes? Customers like reading about the specific improvements verizon is making with its services.
on 12-26-201012:23 PM - last edited on 01-04-201111:19 AM by DougVZ
The low battery alarm goes off about every two months. Usually about 2:00 am. If I disconnect and reconnect the battery, the situation resolves itself. I get up and push the defeat button but it is only temporarily effective and I have to repeatedly activate it. Since I don't even care about or need a battery backup, it is very irritating.
Program one of the HD-DVR remote buttons to function like "back" on a web browser. With 100s of channels in even the basic packages, it's often hard to remember where you just WERE. It'd be great to just be able to click back-back-back and go through the channels previously tuned. Maybe it's there now, but I couldn't find it. Thanks.
It would be nice if the Guide would show the favorite status of each channel and let me change it right in the guide. By the time I navigate through the settings, I sometimes forget the channel I was on. Each channel would just show a small 1, 2, both, or none. Then, a button press could turn on or off the 1 or 2 indicator. Not a big issue, but it would make it so much easier to set up my favorites.