It might seem like a good advertising gimmick to say that you pass channels through unaltered to customers, but from a customer perspective, we shouldn't have to worry about the varying saturation, brightness, etc. between content provider feeds. They should be normalized at the VHO to give us consistent levels across channels.
Stop advertising FiOS in areas where it isn't available. We want it, we really do, but it's very frustrating to see advertisements and commercials lauding it over and over when we can't have it. It doesn't breed good favor with Verizon on the whole.
I really love the mobile remote app that is available for the iphone and android platforms, however there is nothing for my blackberry...yet. Is there something in the works for the blackberry? I know you have your remote dvr app for blackberry, so one would think?
When I press the "Guide" button on my remote, the guide displays "All Channels".
Then, when I press the heart "Favorites" button, it displays "Favorites 1".
The problem is that I always want it to display "Favorites 1" by default (the last favorites setting I used).
Until your latest update (around 1 week ago), this worked fine. It remembered whatever favorites setting was used last and displayed that. Now, I get "All Channels" all the time and have to do extra work of pressing the "Favorites" button. This is annoying.
This is a regression, not an improvement. Please fix it.
Ive read lots of suggestions regarding DVRs and the TV service, but no one have suggested a remote control suggestion. When we press a button, only a select amount of buttons light up on the remote. It would be great if Verzion came out with a remote where all buttons light up. Different colors to represent different functions. Blue for the numbers, red for the dvr playing options, Green for the volume/channel changers. Purple for the menu items. This would also improve the elderly's use of the remote control. The Verizon instructional channel that tells how to use the remote is kinda long winded, and my gpa doesnt understand english anyway, but colors are a universal language!!
Just had my Fios installed last Friday coming from Cox in Hampton Roads Virginia and there are a few things we have found that are changes in the wrong direction.
1. HD channels - this is obviously specific to our preferences but no E! and BBC in HD sucks - who wants to watch Top Gear in an SD letterbox?
2. Progress bar when FF through a recorded program. Fios just has a little arrow marker showing relative position through the show and a very subtle shading in the info bar that is meant to indicate progress. With Cox there was a nice progress bar , the start and end time (clock time) at either end, and your actual clock time on the progress bar indicating where you are in the recording. Also, I like the 30sec skip but it provides absolutely no indication of progress through the recording.
3. Guide - I understand there are improvements to the guide coming up in the near future but the SD guide/menu really limits the information you can see. This is particulalry frustrating with the recorded content when you basically see the first 1-2 words of the title ... because there isn't enough room to actually provide the description.
4. Program search - seems like there are many unnecessary nested folders when I search for a program...it just keeps going and I don't understand the purpose.
5. Can't set up a "series recording" based on key word. For instance, I'd like to record every program that happens to have "triathlon" in the title. maybe I just haven't figured this out for Fios yet.
That's my list so far. No deal breakers but definitely steps back from what I was accustomed to with Cox. Hopefully the 1.9 software release will address some of these issues.
I currently have Time Warner and their TV system blows. They take channels away and at the same time increase pricing. It takes for ever to just change channels. Internet drops far to often. My son has Fios in the Baltimore area and his internet speed and TV Hi Def picture clarity is far far superior to TimeWarner. Please come to Upstate NY..
It would be great if when watching a recorded show on the DVR and you are fast forwarding, then once you press Play to stop the fast forwarding, it rewinds itself 1 frame back, so you dont miss the first 5 seconds of when the show begins again. Time Warner cable has had this feature for months. Would be a great addition to software release 1.9
Sometimes i hear that a great show will be on XYZ network but i dont know what Fios channel that network is mapped to. So if i could search by netowork by typing in, for example, "DISCOVERY HD", it would be great. Or by the channel code as well.
Search 2 hours prior history tv guide:
Sometimes i want to know what was on in the last hour, but you cannot view the past in the tv guide. It would be great if at least we can scroll back by an hour or two.
The cable company which used to provide service to me was able to show true local weather forecasts on the Weather Channel. Why can't FIOS do the same? I live 60 miles from New York City, but I can only view a forecast for Central Park? You can do better than that.
Also, could you please stop the incessant advertising for upcoming movies and adult-aged TV shows when the customer is reviewing On Demand options? Most of the time we're trying to find a show for the kids to watch, and some of those previews can be distrurbing.
Their are some accepted ideas on this forum page that need to be changed to a in progress status. Their are some accepted ideas on this forum page that got an accepted status awhle ago & nothing has changed.i posted an idea awhile ago & it got an accepted status on 10-26-10 & nothing has changed. it does not do much good to have this share your ideas forum page if nothing is going to change,improve or materialize. also a COMPLETED IDEA STATUS needs to be added to this forum page.so that we know what ideas have been COMPLETED.it would be nice to know what ideas have been COMPLETED. as it is now it does not look like any ideas have been COMPLETED. a lot of ideas on this forum page that get an accepted status should only have an accepted status for a limited time then changed to a in progress status then once the in progress ideas have been COMPLETED then changed to a COMPLETED IDEA STATUS. THE END & FINAL RESULT.verizons goal should be to have as many accepted & in progress ideas as possible be put into a COMPLETED IDEA STATUS. for example right now verizon has 85 ideas in progress. once these in progress ideas have been COMPLETED they will need to be changed to a COMPLETED IDEA STATUS.
on 02-08-201110:36 PM - last edited on 02-14-201110:44 AM by DougVZ
I think FiOS is a great company you just have some problems that need fixing. Also if any of these are duplicates I am sorry.
1. When I first got my DVR I was able to Skip Forwards 2 minutes and Replay 2 minutes ago in the settings you disabled this, can you bring it back? Let people pick whatever 1-5 minute increments they want..
2. The ability to pause a DVR program and have it stay paused for an hour or longer.
3. Stop getting letters in the mail saying we are dropping these HD channels and then you say at the end in an effort to offer you more HD channels that makes no sense. You dropped Action Max HD - West, Thriller Max HD - West, TMC Xtra HD - West and TMC HD - West with no explanation. Also you keep upgrading HD channels to higher Tier packages like Cars.TV ,Comedy.TV, ES.TV, Gospel Music Channel, Hallmark Movie Channel HD, MGM HD, My Destination.TV, Pets.TV, Recipe.TV and World Fishing Network. Please stop moving channels to different TIERs I already pay $150 a month for three STB it is not fair.
4. Start Adding more HD channels like the ones that have been listed already.
5. Put a rating system on movies/ TV shows so people can avoid bad movies. Either put someone in charge of rating them, I will gladly do the job for you or have a community rating system. Have a number system 1-10 and let people vote or use IMDB/ Metacritic rating.
6. Leave the ability to Fastforward and Rewind VOD programs, first we can then we can't and then we can etc.. Also make it more than just one FF speed/ Rewind Speed, Comcast has had multiple speed on their VOD for years. It takes forever to get back to where you were if you restart the show/movie.
7. If a show gets pushed back due to Sporting event allow the DVR to compensate.
8. While watching a DVR program allow the info bar to show upcoming shows of that program or movie as you are watching.
9. Allow people who are loyal customers to upgrade their DVR's to the 500 GB DVR if they want to with ease. I was put on hold for 1 hour and 30 minutes then a computer operator told me the office was closed and call back tomorrow this has happened twice to me.
10. I don't know if this is possible but if you are watching a movie/ TV Show and you are half way through if you could delete the first half to make space or delete the whole program and let it record it again next time it is on from the point you stopped watching.
I think that Set top boxes should be bundled like the DVR multi room should include at least 2 or 3 set top boxes for the one price. This does not pertain to the verizon home service but the wireless service, I would like to see a family shared plan for data packages. Verizon should push for more family unity plans.