• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Enter New Idea
matcarl

Email Tools Should all be on The First Log-In Page

by ‎01-04-2011 03:24 PM - edited ‎01-04-2011 03:26 PM

After I log onto the email website, there are a few settings on the left side under My Settings. However, there are more settings like setting up spam that are found elsewhere. They should all be together on that first page. If I want to set up spam settings I have to do the following: After logging in and getting to the email message, I have to click on the top tab that says Account, then I have to scroll down and find Account Tools and click on that. I bet no one even knows about those other settings. Why are they so hard to find and not with the other General Settings?

We have placed the majority of the email settings within Message Center Settings module. User can set filters, vacation reply, signatures, SPAMDetector, email account name, Forwarding options and much more…
jcb_satcomm

One Phone Number Assigned Per Person

by jcb_satcomm on ‎08-26-2011 12:02 PM

Hi. Sooner or later we will run out of phone numbers per Area Code as we keep adding them. Why not assign a Tel. Number to a person and let them keep it for life. Let the Customer choose what location he/she wishes to accept the call at. With Sattelite and Cellphone towers already in place it would work for Cell Phones and Landlines as well. It should not matter geogrpahically where the customer is located, let the Technology find them. If the Customer does not wish to be found at the time, they can create an No-Access list for people that will not get through to them until they wish it. Is this something Verizon would consider ?

-- John

ferdoud

Arabic channels question.

by on ‎12-30-2010 08:36 AM

I believe that it is a good start to have ART and Kuwait TV available for FIOS customers, on the other hand to pay $16.99 for these 2 channels is a bit absurd since they are pretty much useless. I added the package on Tuesday and I am already about to cancel it. My question is that how did Verizon decide add these 2 specific channels? Did they ask a Kuwaiti guy who possibly worked for them to add Kuwait TV to their line up? Could you please clarify the procedure on how Verizon goes by review and add these channels? Thanks.

First we figure how through research (standard marketing stuff) who the customers are... then we find content that matches those customer demographics... Content providers have specific audiences in mind for their brands... We also use tools like the idea exchange to directly solicit what our customers want... So while technically this is not an idea... hopefully now you have the info you need and will let us know what you want (seems you think we picked wrong).

I would like to have the option to disable the pop-ups on the forum web pages.  This is mostly and especially true for the page headers.  See the attached screen grab for an example.

I'm already a customer.  Let me click on a click if I want to get more information from it.  Those pop-ups are a constant annoyance when participating in the forums.

I could also stand to do without the twitter feed.  I don't twitter.  I don't ever read the twitter feed, and it causes the already pretty bloated forum pages to take longer to load, even with a fast optimized FiOS connection.

I find the Forums and Blogs informative.  User options to disable features like the rollover pop-ups and twitter feed would make participating in the forums a more enjoyable experience for me.  If other disagree, 'tis why I suggest a user option.

Thanks for listening.

chance723

Set Reminders in the Guide

by chance723 on ‎12-28-2010 07:28 AM

I would like to be able to set a reminder in the guide to watch a specific program. For example, let's say I want to watch a show on channel 504 at 10:00pm. It's now 7:00pm and I am watching a sports event.

I can set a reminder for the channel to automatically change to 504 at 10:00pm because I set a reminder.

Dish Network has had this option for several years.

Thanks

Already exists on all boxes, except DVR's. The DVR's get this feature in IMG 1.9

WLNY-TV which is offered on ch10 in standard definition is broadcasting in HD on ch 55.1 as of April.
We don’t have SD sub channels  WCBS 2.2 CBSNY+  their 24-hour local news channel and  WPIX 11.3 This TV.
Any chance these channels can be added to FiOS in the Northern NJ and NYC area VHOs?

BearsJState

Adding Criminal Minds to On Demand

by BearsJState on ‎05-13-2012 04:44 PM

Why isn't Criminal Minds on demand?  It is posted for free on the CBS site but not on demand.  Could it be added?

BEIN SPORTS CHANNEL IS HERE IN VERIZON FIOS, THANKS VERIZON FOR LISTENING TO THE CUSTOMERS.

Yes! We appreciate the positive sentiment. Please continue to submit your ideas.
abburi82

Add some more south Asian channels

by abburi82 ‎12-25-2010 08:51 PM - edited ‎12-25-2010 08:55 PM

I see a big potential for adding many new customers if you add some more south Asian channels.

As of now i see 4 south asian channels, for a price of $35. I see this is very expensive, and i am disappointed with the channel line up.  No dedicated music channel or movie channel.

I would like to see at least one dedicated music channel E.g.: Zee-Music or MTV  or B4U Music.

and one channel dedicated for movies.

Most of the south asians are crazy about cricket. There is a big occasion coming up for cricket. ICC Worldcup.

If you can broadcast this event, i expect every body will go for that channel.

i my self a big fan of cricket eagerly waiting to watch live cricket on my television.

More international content is on the way
WearTech

iBuckle-up-Technology...to wear !

by WearTech on ‎08-20-2011 02:17 PM - last edited on ‎08-20-2011 03:10 PM by Moderator

That Verizon commercial with the guy wearing the "Utility"  belt with all the "devices" on it...  Is actually, my patented idea, this is the next generation of technology to come....Personal Electronics, will soon be worn this way, as fashionable accessories   "iBuckles"    

Since January 1, 2011, Verizon FiOS customers in the Coachella Valley (Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Indio), California area have been unable to watch the designated PBS station for our service area (KOCE/PBS SoCal), while Time Warner Cable customers can view that PBS station.  When longtime PBS full service station KCET Los Angeles announced in late 2010 that it was cutting its ties with PBS and going independent, Time Warner cable responded promptly in January 2011 to add KOCE/PBS SoCal for Coachella customers so they would not lose access to the PBS NewsHour with Jim Lehrer and other major PBS programs. 

Verizon FiOS Coachella Valley is still limping along offering only a San Bernardino Valley College (community college) based junior PBS station (KVCR) to its Palm Springs area viewers. Fine if all you want is shows about where to dine in Rancho Cucamonga, but totally unacceptable if you are a loyal viewer of PBS's national programming.  KVCR operates on a small budget and cannot afford to pay PBS for carriage of the more expensive PBS shows such as the national nightly dinner  hour news broadcast PBS NewsHour.  PBS SoCal is the PBS-designated provider of that program to Coachella Valley TV viewers, who can see it IF they subscribe to Time Warner Cable.

Please, please, PLEASE Verizon FiOS:  Hurry up!  It is late August 2011 and still no PBS?  I first posted my concerns to the TV Content portion of this forum on June 22, 2011.  What is the holdup?  If our  local Fox affiliate had dropped out you would have added the Los Angeles Fox affiliate in a heartbeat lest the American Idol viewers riot!  Why treat the loss of our PBS affiliate any differently?  PBS is more than just Antiques Roadshow!  Get with it!  I want to sign up for a Verizon FiOS three-way bundle, but I won't give FiOS my business UNTIL they provide PBS SoCal to FiOS TV customers in my area, no matter how many mailings and flyers and discount offers you send me!

rjcrx

Change Default Chapter Time Length

by rjcrx on ‎08-17-2011 07:33 PM

I just want to first and formost thank Verizon for bringing out an AWESOME new innovative product with IMG 1.9. If you dont have it yet get excited because it is amazing! One thing I think would be a little bit of an improvement would be the ability to edit the default chapter length. As far as I can see it goes in 6 second increments. I would like to see the ability to change the increment time from 1, 3, 5, 10 minutes. I think this would be a great feature almost like watching a dvd/blu-ray out of your recording. Maybe set it as an option underneath the enable chaptering menu. I think it would help improve searching through the program as the 6 second increments can create a lot of chapters to sort through. There is nothing I hate worse then accidentally ending a dvr program and having to try and fast forward right back to the exact spot I was at. All in all IMG 1.9 is definitely worth the wait if you don't have it yet! Again congrats on an awesome update!

Thanks,

Rich

What I really want is scene detection... so there is a logic to the chapters like on DVD's (or books where the concept started)... take a news cast... here's the top headlines and this chapter is sports and the next one weather. In this scenario chapters would be all sorts of different durations.
ricster52

Channel Layout

by ricster52 on ‎05-10-2012 02:59 PM

Just switched over from Directv and I find the Channel layout for FIOS much more confusing and frustrating. The Directv channels eliminate the duplicate Std and HD channels (you can select what you want) and the channels are grouped in a much more intuitive order. Are there plans to update the FIO channel layout.

It would be a great feature to be able to add/modify/delete speed dial entries for my phone from MyVerizon.  Sometimes I forget what the * key is to add or who is listed under what number.

jmcohen23

TV Guide channel

by on ‎08-16-2011 05:26 AM

is there a channel that has the program listings and show times/information?  this would be especially helpful for those that only have a digital adapter or cable card.

FiOS has a channel guide which you can access via the "Guide" button on your remote. There also is a TV Guide Channel. Its channel location depends on where you live.
Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Idea Statuses

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools