Customers With Disabilities
Enter New Idea
fttp4me

FlexView upgrades

by fttp4me on ‎01-07-2011 09:46 PM

I think FlexView is a good idea but has a few drawbacks.

1) HD.  I have not seen any FlexView titles in HD.  I don't want to watch movies in SD on my HDTV.

2) Allow rentals to be upgraded to purchases.  Many times I may rent a movie either because I'm not sure that I will like it or I might not watch it more than once.  It would be nice if I could rent a FlexView movie at the cheaper rental price and then if I decide after watching the movie that I would like to purchase it, I can purchase it and get the rental price credited toward the purchase price.  So if for example a movie costs 9.99 to buy and 2.99 to rent, if I rent it first and then decide to buy it, I would only pay the remaining 7.00 difference.

Couldn't agree more... both suggestions have been in progress... you should start to see more HD and shortly there will be "rent to own" titles showing up in the offer...
gomad99

Can Verizon please update the homepage

by gomad99 on ‎10-17-2011 06:27 PM

Can't someone at verizon update the homepage??? There has been times that it is the same all weekend long. And also PLEASE get rid of the Ashton Kutcher slide show that's been there for like a month!!!!!!!!!!

cmconnolly

Order the Blu-Ray/DVD While Watching the Movie/etc.

by cmconnolly on ‎01-06-2011 06:58 AM - last edited on ‎01-13-2011 12:16 PM by Admin Emeritus

Hello,

It would be great to be able to click "Info" while watching a program/movie/etc and be able to click "Order this on Blu-Ray/DVD". The charge would then show up on your Verizon billing statement for the items ordered. Just like when you order an On Demand movie. A few days later, the item is at your door. Verizon could even have Amazon fulfillment (FBA) handle all the pulling/packing/shipping or even partner up with Amazon. 

Definitely something we discuss... and the capability of buying things from the TV screen is in progress (that is buying in context - watch a movie and click to buy the disc)... what gets sold through that capability should be interesting... I can totally expect some channels to see physical media... guess we'll see what innovations come.
jimmybanjo

Music Choice

by jimmybanjo on ‎01-05-2011 09:12 AM

One of the main reasons I changed to Fios was for the music channel variety.

In a consumer subscription environment, user input or online voting should drive programming instead of having trends dictated by Clear Channel or some similar public access marketing monster.

A few days after the switch you dropped my Bluegrass channel. If you can run three jazz, multiple religious formats and 10 hip-hop gangster streams, surely you can accommodate eclectic but growing Americana and minority communities without sacrificing profit. Disappointed subscriber

This is where you vote. You can also find me on Twitter (@FiOSTV)... I am the exec in charge of the product... and not a professional blogger / social network type person...
red

verizon fios to offer netflix free

by on ‎10-16-2011 03:37 PM - last edited on ‎10-22-2011 08:51 AM by Moderator

verizon fios should run a promotion like dish network with blockbuster free for 3 months to new and existing customers but do it with netflix netflix allows open operating system capability so you can stream hd video to your game system mac linux pc tablet or smartphone ect verizon fios should run a promo to get netflix free for a promotional period where you can stream movies stream starz play movies and have dvd and blue ray movies sent to you for free for a promotional period fios would get new customers and this will satisfy customers because of open capadability 

jonesbeach

Easier phone number to check voicemail

by jonesbeach on ‎01-04-2011 05:55 AM

Having to dial 1-888-2FIOSVM everytime I want to check my voicemail can be a real drag.  Why not set up a simpler number?  We just switched from Vonage and on their network all we had to dial to access our voicemail was *123.  On our newer phones I've programmed the voicemail number into speed dial, but we have some older phones that don't have any memory features. 

Thanks,

Jonesbeach

You can now dial *86 from your home telephone line to reach your FiOS Digital Voice mailbox. Ask and you shall receive :smileyhappy:
dawniegirl

DVR

by dawniegirl on ‎10-14-2011 06:14 PM

I had a multi room DVR which is a great thing BUT I wanted to be able to record from BOTH DVR's & couldn't since only one can record but both could play back.  So I had to switch the set top box that doesn't record with a 2nd DVR set top box - unfortunately once you do this you lose the multi room function.  So now I can record from either set top box but can only watch what is recorded in each one separately.  I was told that the new version 1.9 would fix this problem but where's the new version?? And does it fix this problem? 

Bottom line:  at this point in time every box should record & with technology today the multi room function should be enabled no matter what.  If I record something in the living room I should be able to watch it in the bedroom & vice versa.  We should have the ability to record anywhere & watch anywhere.

Ray54

HD STB Provide More Info

by Ray54 on ‎12-31-2010 11:00 AM

We have the new HD STBs installed & since it has a USB, Ethernet, Audio out ports that this box is able to do a lot more things but I am unable to find any information regarding how to utilize more features of the box?  Can Verizon provide more info, thanks.

Thanks prisaz
dhlunar

Busy Signal options with Digital Voice

by dhlunar on ‎12-31-2010 07:22 AM

It would be nice if there was a option to send out a busy signal with Digital Voice when the following features are on or off:

- When Call Waiting is Off

- When Do Not Disturb is On

It would also be nice if there was an option to temporarily suspend sending calls to voice mail and instead the caller would receive a busy signal if the phone line was busy. 

Thanks for the suggestions. We'll look into the technical feasibility of doing these things as a future enhancement.
suba

service and support

by suba on ‎10-11-2011 04:20 AM

need to have add on feature option to parent controls; 

spending limits online for children and way to block  unauthorized spending; 

my son is getting new credit and debit cards and using my bank account for spending on gaming

of course i have attempted measures to correct; he is autistic; and sneaky; 

parents dont have 24/7 control over kids now; times very busy; and stress is high;

if there was a general way to block any spending or set an amount for a child to have ; or a way for parent to see all spending a child does; as they have websites we dont even know about for games; and these websites often have no spending controls;

just like we can control the ratings of web content; it would be nice to need a pass word to spend any money online if it is possible to do so; 

thanks!

JustFred

Frugal Fios Tiers?

by JustFred on ‎12-27-2010 02:54 PM

Pardon me if it has been suggested before, but I didn't see it browsing the forum history.

I'd like to have Fios Internet, but a $50/month minimum is just too much for our household.

We'd like to have Pay TV, but $80/month (when you add a box and taxes) is also too much.

We're rather conservative with our phone service, as well, maintaining a measured line for $21/month - people usually call us, not vice-versa; we keep it so we can actually hear and have a conversation, not use the word "What?" so much - cell phone voice quality ain't exactly HD.

Could we have a 3M/1M Fios tier for $20/month bundled, in lieu of the "High Speed DSL" offering? Doesn't Verizon have a vested interest in migrating everyone off DSL - isn't Fios less maintenance prone?

Could we have some form of Pay-TV wherein we're allowed to pick our own channels ($2/channel, 15 channel minimum) or channel-groups (Kids Bundle = Nick + Disney + Toon, Biz-Bundle = CNNfi, FNC, Bloomberg, CNBC, Chick-Bundle = OWN, WE, Oxygen, LTM, Geek Bundle, Jock Bundle, etc - $5/group, 5 group minimum)?  Forcing us to buy 200-300 channels for $80 a month means we simply choose to do without.

We certainly have heard about $30 / month video package from our customers and we have been digging into it. However, I don't expect to be able to have the $2 per any channel model... many channels cost more than $2 per month.. some are cheaper... But nonetheless getting some options of packages for less than $30 that still have value is definitely on the to do list
sirauron

Fios in the West Philadelphia area

by sirauron on ‎10-08-2011 02:29 PM

I've been wait for quite some time for Fios to be in my area in west philadelphia in the University City Area, what is taking so long for Fios to roll out in more areas.

skuser

Internet Vacation Plan

by skuser on ‎10-07-2011 09:31 AM - last edited on ‎10-28-2011 09:30 AM by Moderator

The Internet Vacation plan should be at least 9 months.  At the current 6 months it is to be a money grab. 

Rose

Text messaging

by Rose on ‎12-22-2010 08:20 PM

Enable a way for  text messages to appear on TV screen. Caller ID can already be viewed so maybe by using the phone keypad a short message could accompany the phone number showing.

In our testing this feature has not gotten good results... maybe we just need to put something out there and see what happens... evolve it with our customers that are interested
refrus

Paper Free Billing

by refrus on ‎10-06-2011 10:13 AM

I enrolled in paper free billing and would like to de-enroll.  Have been trying for months.  When I select the de-enroll option on the appropriate page, there is no option to navigate to the bottom of the page to save my choice.  Very frustrating!  Tried minimizing.  Nothing helps.  This is not a very userfriendly website.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Idea Statuses

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools