Customers With Disabilities
Enter New Idea
borgy

Adjust all show times for time zones

by borgy on ‎06-21-2011 11:16 PM

The Daily Show and Colbert Report are on at 11pm in New York but I am in California..  When I had Directv I could watch those shows at 8PM Pacific Time.  Now, however, the show at 11pm Pacific.   Other shows broadcast in Eastern Time usually play 3 hours earlier here in LA.   Why cannot I get the Daily Show 3 hours earlier than Eastern Time also.  It seems that these are the only shows I've run into that do that.  Que pasa?  Why not adjust all shows for the time zone of the subscriber?

CRobGauth

Make Manual Recordings Easier to set up

by Silver Contributor III on ‎06-19-2011 06:39 PM

I use manual recordings every now and then. Typically if I don't want to record a whole show (started watching it and just want the last part) to save space on the DVR.

WOuld be nice to be able to enter info (channel number, start and stop time) using number keys on remote rather than having to scroll up and down from current channel or time.

I'm a recent Fios TV customer and I enjoy the DVR functions with Local and External storage. I'd like to use my expanded storage to save versions of favorite programming, but with just the scenes I want of material I've DVRed.

I have 2 requests: a) How about having the ability to make simple edits of material on the DVR (delete scenes, name scenes, save scenes, etc.); and b) ability to combine DVR material together into  Playlists that I've created and named?

For option A - Edits, I'd like to be able to name a recording I have on my DVR. Additionally, I'd like to be able to make simple edits like deleting unwanted scenes. Deletion can be as simple as an Start Point and an End Point in a timeline with the ability to name that Start-End segment and save it or delete it.

For option B - Playlists, I'd like to be able to combine various scenes I've created (from option A above) in a sequence of scenes that I can play all together... like a Playlist. Of course, I'd be able to give the Playlist a name and search and find it in the list of content available to me on the DVR. 

Of course, I'd like to be able to stream my content to a smartphone or tablet device, too... but I'm prepared to wait for that upgrade. Simple edits and Playlists seem like an easy upgrade, one that could be straightforward to implement and that could provide much more enjoyment from a great interface.

Thanx.

Len 

Yenco

Digital Voice Mail Ideas

by on ‎06-15-2011 10:32 AM

Two ideas here:

1. Allow the ability to upload .mp3, .m4a, etc. greeting messages online for the voicemail system to play as an option.  I'd love to be able to record a greeting in GarageBand (complete with some background music or other special effects).  Might even be inclined to change the message from time to time (especially around different holidays).

2. Provide an option online to preview the voicemail greeting so you can know what people calling you are going to hear normally, or if you are on the phone with someone else for whatever form of greeting you have set (system greeting, recorded greeting, or uploaded greeting).

Great ideas! We'll look into feasibility.
asm20850

Better Bundling Options for MDU Customers

by asm20850 on ‎06-11-2011 08:04 PM - last edited on ‎06-13-2011 12:57 PM by Admin Emeritus

My condo has an agreement with Verizon where FiOS TV and Internet are included in our condo fee.  While this is great, there is no way to customize the package.  That is, if I want to add a landline or wireless phone, I do not get any credit for my existing services.  These should be some way for customers in this situation to add services at bundle rates.

Josephj11

Remember Channel Favorites setting

by Josephj11 on ‎06-23-2012 10:10 AM

When I press the "Guide" button on my remote,  the guide displays "All Channels".

Then, when I press the heart "Favorites" button, it displays "Favorites 1".

The problem is that I always want it to display "Favorites 1" by default (the last favorites setting I used).

Until your latest update (around 1 week ago), this worked fine.  It remembered whatever favorites setting was used last and displayed that.  Now, I get "All Channels" all the time and have to do extra work of pressing the "Favorites" button.  This is annoying.

This is a regression, not an improvement.  Please fix it.

klyn56

Sports Mix Channels

by klyn56 on ‎05-25-2011 06:44 PM

I would love to see the sports mix channels that Directv has on Fios.  Right now I can only watch the French Open on the Tennis Channel--would love to able to choose and watch the match I want.  Any chance of that?  They also had it for many major sporting events.

I have heard that Boston's Mayor Thomas Menino wants Verizon FiOS to get here as soon as possible and wants the entire Metro-Boston area covered.  What's taking so long???? Somerville is one of the largest cities in Massachusetts!!!! Surely that translates to many eager customers who are waiting to get out from under your competitors.....which means, $$$$$$$$$$ for YOU.....c'mon Verizon, now's the time....JUST DO IT.  Remember, more customers means more $$$$$$$$$$$$$ ka ching, ka ching, ka ching.....

We are very focused on finishing cities / towns that already have FiOS before beginning new ones.

I currently have Time Warner and their TV system blows.  They take channels away and at the same time increase pricing. It takes for ever to just change channels.  Internet drops far to often.  My son has Fios in the Baltimore area and his internet speed and TV Hi Def picture clarity is far far superior to TimeWarner.  Please come to Upstate NY..

rsdown

Choose how many e-mails shown on a page.

by rsdown on ‎05-18-2011 06:47 PM

I'd like to be able to break up my list of e-mails into pages & be able to choose how many to show per page - 20, 50, 100, all. I used the check box about the list to select all the shown e-mails for deletion with the old (better/faster) version all the time, but now if I try, all the e-mails I am saving are also selected. Picking through twenty at a time to delete what I want is easy. Making sure I don't delete some old e-mail I want waaayyyy down the list is a pain.

If this option exists, please point me to it. I have not been able to find it.

Dear rsdown, With regards to choosing how many emails to show per page, you can adjust the size of your preview pane and/or you can adjust the magnification of your browser. With regards to selecting groups of emails to delete, you can do the following: 1. Hit check box at the top of your inbox to select all emails in your inbox or selected folder 2. Hit check box for the first and last email in your inbox for the page displayed to select that page only of emails 3. You may also want to sort emails by date, sender, subject or size and delete Thank you for your feedback.
20phileagles

New email

by 20phileagles on ‎05-18-2011 05:18 PM

I was told to post this in this section, I have no idea what good this will do here, but this is a few things that I can't stand about the new email. It seems that they could easily be added as an option 

1. Add an option to turn off the tabs for every single email I open.
2. When I delete an email, just simply delete the email...
   don't automatically check the box for the next email,
3. Why is every address and url automatically highlighted in an open    conversation?? I don't want a popup baloon to offer the option to    send email or add to contacts. Thats what copy and paste is for.You    cannot do that with the annoying baloon in the way.
4. I have been using Verizon for several years and absolutely love the    service and the cust. support, I do not want to use another email    client.
5. I cant export my contact list to any other client server. What's the    trick??
6. Session times out way too often. I want to stay signed in.

Dear 20phileagles, 1. You can close all the tabs by clicking on the little "x" on the tab itself to remove the tab. 2. By clicking on the next email, we are trying to expedite your email inbox viewing. However, we will take your feedback under consideration vis a vis other customer feedback. 3. We highlight addresses so you can easily add them to your contact list. The more populated your contact list, the more valuable/useful your email application will be to you. 4. Are you trying to export your contacts to or from verizon message center? Currently, we are only able to offer importing into Verizon Message Center. You can do so by accessing the SETTINGS/IMPORT section of Verizon Message Center. There are a number of different import options available. 5. Your session should not time out, particularly if you have selected Keep Me Signed In on the login screen. A screen shot of what you have seen would be really helpful so we can find the root cause. I am hopeful that you will agree that Verizon Message Center is much more feature rich than Verizon's Classic Webmail. Thank you, Lorena
braceyfamily

payment option

by braceyfamily on ‎05-11-2011 08:07 PM

It'll be nice if you could make your pymt just about anywhere. Instead of just the usual online, pay-by-phone, or mail in a check....setup like kiosks somewhere that is covenient for customers quick pay..insert your cash or card(pay-n-go). Everything else is starting to be convienent why not our paymnt options

WCB

Smaller FIOS TV receiver boxes

by WCB on ‎05-07-2011 11:24 AM

With flat screen TV's in and CRT's out, I believe that it is time for our service provider to provide an interface with dimensions comparable to the TV's we use and often mount on wall space. A shallow, wall mountable unit that is no more than 4" deep would be appropriate.

If that is not feasible (it should be, if cellphones now have the capabilities of a typical 10 year old desk box.), then how about moving from infrared to RF remotes and boxes?(The the boxes, even if not smaller, could be hidden some distance from the set and installed at a variety of orientations, since they would not require visual contact with the remote.)

Or why not provide wireless connectivity between receivers and TV's?

There is no way of mounting current boxes without installing an unsightly deep shelf and unsightly exposed wiring.

We support Wifi remote control app (FiOS Remote) on many popular devices like Android smart phones, tablets and iPod Touch / iPad... So hide your set top boxes and by a wireless HDMI kit at your favorite electronics store... and get an old iPod Touch from some economical place... to make this idea go today. In general we try to make the boxes smaller with each release of them (mostly it is cooling requirements that keep them a bit bigger than I would even like). But we have no plans to support RF remote controls... Wifi is our future path.
KeithLucy

increase mailbox size

by KeithLucy on ‎06-08-2012 01:00 PM - last edited on ‎06-08-2012 02:24 PM by Moderator

256M for an inbox is a joke... It's 2012, not 1992.

prondo42

Here's an idea, Verizon should upgrade their customer assistance...

by prondo42 on ‎06-08-2012 05:42 AM - last edited on ‎06-08-2012 02:28 PM by Moderator

Does everyone know that Verizon cannot imput 2 different orders at once? I will give everyone an example of something I have been experiencing for the past several weeks:

I ordered 4 set top boxes for my house for home installation, I only received 3. P.S., 2 weeks later and numerous amount of phone calls speaking with literally 8 agents, I finally had the order placed for the delivery of the additional set top box. I then wanted to upgrade my package for more channels and was told that the order could not be completed for another 6 days. Reason being; You cannot process 2 orders at the same time. This is what I was told by the agent. If this is not true, than Verizon has hired incompetant people and I was mis-led. But if true, your kidding right? This is a multi-billion dollar company and they can't figure out a way to process two seperate orders? Direct TV can do it (and they are associated with Verizon!) , why can't Verizon? The idea is to try and give the customer  better service and make it more convienent for the customer. We our expected to pay our bills on time (i know i do), we expect some courtesy. So tell the IT department to figure out a way to take multiple orders for the customer.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Idea Statuses

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools