• BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Enter New Idea
Sromy2000

Notification of shows available onDemand

by Sromy2000 on ‎11-05-2011 04:04 PM

Dear Verizon<

Since you guys now have a large library of primetime shows that are available on Demand, It would be nice if they were "noted" somehow in the guide (perhaps OD) as being available on demand, that way we can reserve our DVR spaces for shows that are not available onDemand.

Ray54

HD STB Provide More Info

by Ray54 on ‎12-31-2010 11:00 AM

We have the new HD STBs installed & since it has a USB, Ethernet, Audio out ports that this box is able to do a lot more things but I am unable to find any information regarding how to utilize more features of the box?  Can Verizon provide more info, thanks.

Thanks prisaz
dhlunar

Busy Signal options with Digital Voice

by dhlunar on ‎12-31-2010 07:22 AM

It would be nice if there was a option to send out a busy signal with Digital Voice when the following features are on or off:

- When Call Waiting is Off

- When Do Not Disturb is On

It would also be nice if there was an option to temporarily suspend sending calls to voice mail and instead the caller would receive a busy signal if the phone line was busy. 

Thanks for the suggestions. We'll look into the technical feasibility of doing these things as a future enhancement.
JSmith363

Update TV Remote Program Codes for VIORE TV

by JSmith363 on ‎11-04-2011 08:00 AM

Recently I purchased a VIORE LCD24VF75 24" TV/DVD Combo Television.

When I tried programming the Verizon TV remote with the FIOS TV code of 3252 IT DID NOT WORK.

I went to VIORE Technical Support and they suggested that I try using one of the Samsung codes listed on your program guide.

I found out that code 0729 WORKS.

as62

Future info in Guide

by as62 on ‎11-03-2011 10:28 AM

Since the guide does not move foward until the exact time is reached (i.e. it shows 9:30 up until the clock reaches 10:00), can there be an option to go to a particular channel even if the program occurs in the future.  Example:  If it is 9:58, I move the guide forward so I can see the prgrams at 10:00.  However if I want to go to that channel I have to move the guide back to 9:30 and then press Ok.  Why can't there be an option of  "Go to channel now"?

JustFred

Frugal Fios Tiers?

by JustFred on ‎12-27-2010 02:54 PM

Pardon me if it has been suggested before, but I didn't see it browsing the forum history.

I'd like to have Fios Internet, but a $50/month minimum is just too much for our household.

We'd like to have Pay TV, but $80/month (when you add a box and taxes) is also too much.

We're rather conservative with our phone service, as well, maintaining a measured line for $21/month - people usually call us, not vice-versa; we keep it so we can actually hear and have a conversation, not use the word "What?" so much - cell phone voice quality ain't exactly HD.

Could we have a 3M/1M Fios tier for $20/month bundled, in lieu of the "High Speed DSL" offering? Doesn't Verizon have a vested interest in migrating everyone off DSL - isn't Fios less maintenance prone?

Could we have some form of Pay-TV wherein we're allowed to pick our own channels ($2/channel, 15 channel minimum) or channel-groups (Kids Bundle = Nick + Disney + Toon, Biz-Bundle = CNNfi, FNC, Bloomberg, CNBC, Chick-Bundle = OWN, WE, Oxygen, LTM, Geek Bundle, Jock Bundle, etc - $5/group, 5 group minimum)?  Forcing us to buy 200-300 channels for $80 a month means we simply choose to do without.

We certainly have heard about $30 / month video package from our customers and we have been digging into it. However, I don't expect to be able to have the $2 per any channel model... many channels cost more than $2 per month.. some are cheaper... But nonetheless getting some options of packages for less than $30 that still have value is definitely on the to do list
Rose

Text messaging

by Rose on ‎12-22-2010 08:20 PM

Enable a way for  text messages to appear on TV screen. Caller ID can already be viewed so maybe by using the phone keypad a short message could accompany the phone number showing.

In our testing this feature has not gotten good results... maybe we just need to put something out there and see what happens... evolve it with our customers that are interested
JRD

Improve Customer Information

by JRD on ‎12-20-2010 09:02 PM

The programming group could place a "New Features and Improvements in Process" list for customers to check out. 

This would make sure customers know some of the things on the horizon, and help prevent customer frustration in trying to use the site (web mail especially, but all portions). 

It also would let customers know that Verizon is not sitting still, but always trying to proactively improve.

Thanks!

CRobGauth

Manual Recordings in DVR List

by Silver Contributor III on ‎10-27-2011 07:41 PM

I have a manual recording set up to record part of Tonight Show (I go to bed after monologue and like to see guest interviews).

So I have a manual recording setup to record the last 40 minutes of the show. In 1.8 the recorded show list would show the recording title as Tonight Show and group them together. In 1.9, it just says manual recording. So for a test I set up a second manual recording. DVR grouped them all together.

Interesting enough, if I used remote DVR app on cellphone, it actually showed them separate by title like it did in 1.8.

Would like it to go back to that.

Hi Verizon,

You have thousands (millions?) of customers in the tri-state area, and we've been hit pretty hard by the hurricane. Many local and national companies have been outstanding citizens by providing relief services and donations to afflicted residents (Time Warner Cable has donated $1M; there are dozens of Duracell charging stations roaming around the city providing free electronic charging for people). I'm curious if you've joined them in providing relief, and if not, I urge you to do so - you have countless loyal customers in this area, and it would be great for you to show your appreciation in a time of need.

Thanks.

First, I hope you and your loved ones are safe and that Hurricane Sandy didn't hit you too hard. My heart goes out to all those affected by the storm- I have family and friends helping out in NYC and NJ right now with the restoration effort and the stories they are reporting back are astounding. Here is the information I found about what Verizon is doing to help: To help provide immediate relief to those impacted by Hurricane Sandy, the Verizon Foundation has donated $100,000 to the American Red Cross. Verizon also is matching employee donations to the American Red Cross and Salvation Army (up to $1,000 per employee). In addition to the American Red Cross grant, Verizon Wireless customers can make a $10 donation by texting the numbers listed below: REDCROSS to 90999 to support the American Red Cross STORM to 80888 to give to the Salvation Army HUMANE to 80888 for the American Humane Association UWHC to 52000 to the United Way of Hudson County, N.J. Customers who would like to give more can donate up to five times their original donation through this texting option. For example, customers making a $10 donation can give up to $50. Text-messaging fees will be waived, and 100 percent of each donation goes directly to the listed organizations. You can read the whole press release here: http://newscenter.verizon.com/press-releases/verizon/2012/verizon-teams-launch-restoral.html Please stay safe! -Heather
ChrisJust

Filter Guide by Program Type

by ChrisJust on ‎12-19-2010 09:57 AM

I love that the guide color codes the programs by content type. (i.e. red for movies).  I would love to be able to filter the guide by those types - so I could see only the movies, or only sports, etc.  You can already filter by just HD content, so this could just be an extension of that feature.

While watching live TV... hit right arrrow (you can "modes")... set your mode and away you go
ABCMD

Switched from Directv, miss some of their features!

by ABCMD on ‎12-18-2010 08:30 AM - last edited on ‎12-21-2010 11:19 AM by Admin Emeritus

We recently switched from DTV to FIOS, which we overall are very pleased with.

However, DTV had several  features which we really miss, some of which have been mentioned in other posts, which seem like obvious needs:

1) Multiple recorded episodes of a show can be grouped into a folder, sorted by date (optional)...much easier

2) Option to hide duplicate SD channels ...on my high def TV's, I have no need to scroll through the duplicate SD channels, and it is difficult to tell which channels below 500 are duplicates or the only version....

3) For any show/movie...detailed info with bio and pictures of actors/guest stars/directors/producers/cinematographers etc, which is really neat for those interested.

4) Better info on scheduled or recorded shows...

Thanks...

Hope these make it into a future IMG.

Alan

Hard to respond in this site to ideas with multiple parts... #1 - will be available in IMG 1.9, which is in the wild now for a few customers #2 - you can do this today with favorites, but get your point that a one click "hide SD" might be a nice feature addition #3 - future release, but consider that idea accepted #4 - in progress
davek102

Need better operations support

by davek102 on ‎10-25-2011 07:16 PM

Verizon operations support systems for repair appear woefully inadequate.  

I recently had a problem with slow FIOS Internet service.  It was clear that my network was working properly, as I had 65+ Mb/sec speeds available between local machines.  Furthermore, my neighbors with Verizon Internet were experiencing the same slowdown problems as myself.  When I reported the trouble, your rep took me through a script that produced the same results.  I asked the supervisor if they needed to have a CO  or transmission tech look at the problem.  He replied that the only people they could dispatch were the techs who come to the home to check out the router and fix set top boxes.    

Apparently, the center I talked with had no access to existing network outage information, nor a means of communicating this type of problem.  A dispatch was scheduled (4 days after the trouble report), and a tech will show up tomorrow morning.  In the meantime, my service has been back to normal for the last day - I guess by a network tech responding to an alarm from a network router, and fixing the problem.  I find it strange that in the twisted pair world, repair centers taking trouble reports have had access to network failure  information for at least the last 50 years, but somehow we have lost that ability today.

I have tried to go on-line to notify Verizon that the problem is resolved and that the scheduled dispatch is unnecessary, but the on-line system has no data on the trouble report, even though I have a ticket number.  

Verizon could both  reduce costs and improve service quality by providing its staff with systems that offer relevant  customer equipment, account, and network status to the service rep at the customer interface.  This must be supported by a set of workflows and the needed training to exploit this information.  

A serious operaions and systems plan is needed as the first step.

dslr595148

Spam Punishment (no auto detect & forward)

by Gold Contributor VII ‎10-23-2011 06:19 PM - edited ‎10-23-2011 06:24 PM

I don't like the idea in http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/Spam-Punishment/idi-p/360359 so here is my idea,

I'd suggest that reported SPAM be automatically forwarded to "spam@uce.gov". Perhaps that would help more spammers to be caught and dealt with.

MaxRossLinden

A fun idea (3D Glasses)

by MaxRossLinden on ‎10-21-2011 12:30 PM

Lets say someone has a pair of Red and Cyan glasses sitting around.... Well!!!!

Make a new update for boxes to have a feature where the box will automatically can change any channel in to the 3D of your choice... (Red and Cyan, Yellow and Blue, and so on)...
It would give Fios something that no other company has done yet.... (Unless you includes youtubes feature to do that).

Don't lie, you know that would be a pretty fun idea!

:smileywink:

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Idea Statuses

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools