Customers With Disabilities
Enter New Idea
patsoxfan

Fox Boston to Bristol County

by patsoxfan on ‎04-06-2011 07:39 AM

He been with fios for 3 years now and everything is great except I can not watch Fox Boston 25 in regular TV or HD

I know that in my town if you have comcast they show non-hd of this channel and am wondering why fios can not offer the same.

CheechF

Security Breach

by CheechF on ‎04-05-2011 04:34 PM - last edited on ‎05-05-2011 02:41 PM by Admin Emeritus

Verizon recently notified us that the security of our e-Mail address was violated, through their  arrangement with Epsilon. The message included guidance on how to protect ourselves from what was a Verizon screw-up, with no indication of what was being done. 

They seemed to pass the blame on Epsilon, but we never dealt with Epsilon. We hold Verizon responsible, since Epsilon was acting on Verizon's behalf. The message said nothing about corrective action.

TigersRule

Provide eMTA router/modems like the Motorolas

by TigersRule on ‎04-02-2011 12:53 PM - last edited on ‎04-26-2011 09:59 AM by Admin Emeritus

Please offer the eMTA router/modem combo like Motorola makes or get Actiontec to provide a similar setup, which Comcast and Cox currently use.

I only need one landline phone in my house, and it would be nice to plug the phone directly into the RJ-11 jacks that come in the eMTA router/modems. I think most people would use this feature, as you could omit all the old RJ-11 jacks from your house.

Please seriously consider this.

Add Cox 4; shows Padres and other SD sports teams from San Diego as well as add KUSI,and other local San Diego news channels. This part of SW Riverside has many subscribers who have closer ties to San Diego than LA area.

While we would certainly love to... betting Cox (a competitor) will not be keen on this idea.

Currently the Fios Baseball Widget will alert when the 9th inning starts, the score changes, there is a pitching change, etc.  These are all decent alerts but if Fios would add one alert millions of fantasy baseball players would sign up for MLB Extra Innings.

There needs to be an alert where you can choose up to 20 mlb players and the Fios Widget will alert you when they are coming up to bat.  MLB.TV had this feature, and I thought Fios would have it on its Widget.  Even though I prefer watching games on TV vs. online, I will probably switch back to MLB.TV next year if this upgrade is not implemented.

Again,

THE FIOS BASEBALL WIDGET NEEDS TO ADD AN ALERT WHERE YOU ARE ALERTED WHEN SPECIFIC PLAYERS THAT YOU HAVE CHOSEN ARE COMING UP TO BAT.

Hope this is in the works.

MARIODIF

Probably for next season... but great addition.

I just have 2 request. One simple, one maybe not so simple.

First Request: Reconfigure how to access the On Demand Premium Channels!

Why did FiOS make it so difficult to locate and/or navigate to the On Demand Premium Channels?

I had TWC and their OD Premium Channels preceded the actual Premium Channel. 

Ex: If HBO was on channel 401 then HBO On Demand was located on channel 400! No need to search for it, it was right there!!!

FiOS should have followed that navigation example, which would make the transition to FiOS from cable that much more simple and easy!!

It's hard enough after having cable for...well my entire life, to learn FiOS' new channel line up, now I have to search and navigate through a series of button pushes to find ONE on demand channel.

Or maybe at the very least, FiOS should move the On Demand Premium Channels selection to the 1st or 2nd spot on the list of the On Demand options.

Here's how to locate HBO On Demand in FiOS...for those of you newbie's:

Push the ON Demand button on your remote>Scroll to find then select Browse All>Scroll to find then select Premium Channels>Scroll to find then select HBO On Demand>Scroll to find then select your final HBO OD option, movies, series, etc> Scroll to make your selection. Voila!! See simple!?!?!

WHY so difficult for such a sought after feature? It took my wife and I the better part of a morning after my service was installed to find it. They promote that they have it (which is 1 of the primary reasons I made the switch) but don't tell how to find it in ANY documentation that the installer leaves you. We had to literally search it online!

Second Request: Local news: FiOS 1 local news is awful! Period! I understand that it's in it's infancy, but C'mon! I've seen better news broadcast from high school students, but you don't really expect much at that level!

For my dime I'd expect a better local broadcast. 

Don't know how Verizon could make this happen, but what if Verizon negotiated with TWC et al, to bring the local channel news 12 to FiOS for a monthly subscription fee?

The cable company's can't stop people from jumping ship, they might as well generate some revenue form those that did and are willing to pay for a familiar news source! I could care less, my wife on the other hand complained almost every day about her beloved news 12 (which doesn't even really cover our area, but whatever) until she found HLN. But I'd be willing to pay a marginal subscription fee for that channel to make her happy ....or quiet......which ever comes first :smileyhappy:

That's just my 2 cents.....which incidentally is all I have left after my first FiOS bill! Just kidding, but no seriously, it was a lot! Nevertheless, hopefully I WILL get what I pay for...unlike with cable!

More options to access VOD content in progress... including the virtual channel option that you referenced (which I personally find too difficult). I would suggest in the mean time you give our search feature a go... as it is based on Internet search engine technology and is quite good at tracking down content I want to see.
kl521

More Mandarin channels??

by kl521 on ‎05-11-2012 12:09 PM

I recently transfer my triple play services from time warner cable due to high monthly charge (from $150 promotion rate to regular rate of $215). I enjoyed Fios' internet speed as well as the quality of HD programming. However, the Chinese package I subscribed from fios really can't compete with the service I used to subscribed from time warner nor dish network. For $16 I can only get three mandarin channels from Fios and there is only one channel from taiwan (rarely watch channels from mainland china). Although I can get more taiwanese channels from other web based provider, but that has to sign up with annual contract, which prevent me from purchasing it.

Would you plan to add more taiwanese channel in the near future?

deedeeleo

User friendly - NOT

by deedeeleo on ‎03-23-2011 10:35 AM

Verizon...you really need to make things a bit more user friendly. I recently switched from Comcast, just to save some bucks, and maybe I'm sorry. Comcast navigation was so much simpler...when I wanted an on demand TV program they were all in one spot, click and I was watching the show. For as much as I've scanned the tutorials, I've yet to discover the secret to getting a regular broadcast channel program on demand. And forget about trying to reset my password to gain access to my account. Please, this is not a fortune 500 endeavor here...every password combo I came up was deemed to be weak...I finally entered a vulgarity plus some numbers...BINGO...in like Flynn. And don't ask about my experience with Verizon Enterprise Center at work...

batman2120

Sports Time Ohio - WNY Market

by batman2120 on ‎05-11-2012 09:07 AM

Please consider adding Sports Time Ohio to the Western NY FiOS market (Buffalo, NY).  This channel is offered by satellite providers - I am strongly considering switching in order to view this programming.

RBM3

24 hour news and weather station

by RBM3 on ‎05-09-2012 11:27 AM

I have been a Verizon fios full package user for a few years now. I had switched from Bright House. However there is one thing that they have that I feel Verizon should start up and  that is a station like Bay News 9. I was told when I switched that this was on the horizon but it does not appear to be that way. Is a station like Bay News 9 in the planning stages and if so when will it happen?

I have called Verizon and spoken to many people that seem to have no idea what I'm referring to.  On channels 30-48 there are channels that my surrounding local townships post information and show important notices.  Who do I call to get my local (Wayne Township in NJ) feed on Verizon.  The competing cable company carries this feed, so I know it's available.

Needs to be someone from the township staff... perhaps someone that does the franchise licenses.
Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Idea Statuses

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools