Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Enter New Idea
Trelea

Verizon Home Page

by Trelea on ‎03-21-2011 05:08 PM - last edited on ‎03-22-2011 07:44 AM by Admin Emeritus

It seems that the current Verizon web page is a recent redesign and improvement over an earlier version that I have never seem.  I'd like to suggest that more work needs to be done.  In particular, the page needs to be more user-friendly for persons who are older or with more limited vision.  Even with the zoom set to 150% on a 23" LED monitor, it is impossible to read much of the text, particularly that in light blue font.  (Making the screen any larger is not the solution as it means having to scroll horizontally to view an entire page -- in addition to the vertical scrolling that one expects.)

wlpowell

The Comcast Network in Richmond, VA

by wlpowell on ‎01-13-2012 11:51 PM

People in Philly are requesting The Comcast Network in HD, people in Richmond, VA need it PERIOD (SD or HD).

custom

New Guide - Favorites Enhancement Tweak

by custom on ‎01-13-2012 07:59 PM

The new feature that keeps the guide views set to Favorites is convenient — one less button press.

However, one problem that now arises is that, if the current channel is not a favorite, then there's no information on it when you bring up the guide.  To get it, you need to press the Favorites button to see the channel and then press it again to set the guide back to Favorites when you're done.  So, maybe the current channel can be a temporary addition to the Favorites list.

Thanks.

prisaz

Stop Bloging 4G LTE on the Residential Community!Keep Supporting fiber.

by on ‎01-13-2012 07:47 PM - last edited on ‎01-13-2012 08:12 PM by Moderator

Stop Bloging 4G LTE on the residential web site!

Moderators would be pointing users to the Wireless Community site, if they posted this.

Unless it is the New FiOS to the home. Then announce it.

NO THANKS. I WANT TO KEEP MY FIBER! Keep supporting Fiber.

Thanks for your suggestion, Prisaz- I've passed it along to the blog writers.
dslr595148

Streaming serious traditional TV alternative, or stop screwing around!!!

by Gold Contributor VII ‎01-13-2012 11:56 AM - edited ‎01-13-2012 12:04 PM
As Addressed on http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Verizons-Nonsensical-LG-TV-FiOS-Offer-117818

In the process of trying to build hype LG's CES press release doesn't bother to tell you that to access this content you'll need to subscribe to both FiOS Internet and FiOS TV services. So again, why exactly would a customer who already has a FiOS set top use the integrated content being offered via their television? Verizon should either get into over the top streaming and offer a product that seriously offers a traditional TV alternative, or stop screwing around.

Hi All- I greatly appreciate your feedback and thoughts on this matter. I'll make sure they are seen by the proper team within Verizon. Thank you!
bert0mac

Your internet is SLOW

by bert0mac on ‎03-20-2011 12:17 AM

I used to have comcast. They had wonderful, fast internet. I switched to Verizon, now we have terrible, slow internet.. You should make your internet more like comcast, whose internet does not suck. The reason for this is....Our internet is the worst available.

fix it now or start giving out discounts on your discount services

Please run Speed Test on your service www.verizon.com/checkyourspeed, Then run the Speed Optimizer if needed, Make sure you reboot your PC, turn all the way off when you have finished optimizing. If this does not correct your problem please contact tech support at 1-800-837-4966
custom

Why IMG 1.9? Why not On-screen Guide?

by custom on ‎01-12-2012 08:34 AM

Especially with the recent changes, info for the on-screen guide should be prominent.  I'm technical, and I wouldn't look to "IMG 1.9" for help with the on-screen guide.

Further, right now, the link for the on-screen guide should be featured, not buried in the Residential Products and Services list.

Thanks.

PatA

DVR Programming

by PatA on ‎01-09-2012 01:15 PM

When programming the DVR with the remote, there should be a pull down tab listing the days of the week.  This way, if on a Sunday you want to record a show that airs on Thursday, you don't have to forward through twenty four hours a day for several days to reach that Thursday show to record.  I know you can program the DVR using Search, but that too is time consuming.

Thanks for the great suggestion- I'll pass it along!
Smith6612

Updated Westell Firmware

by MVP Smith6612 MVP on ‎01-07-2012 08:33 AM

I was helping a user over at the DSLReports Frontier Forums with their DSL line, and I just happened to notice that Frontier has a newer build of the firmware available on their modems that actually shows some more statistics in the Transceiver Statistics of which can be very useful.

http://i.imgur.com/Mq0dH.png

Basically, it shows the typical statistics, and then it is also showing error counts on the line over the course of the last sync. These counts can usually be obtained by Telnetting into the modem, but if Verizon could get the lastest firmware build from Westell and allow this information to be shown, it would make Troubleshooting DSL around here a little less guess and check or troublesome.

astarkis

Do it--then announce it (?)

by astarkis on ‎01-06-2012 09:19 AM

Perhaps it would be a good idea to actually put out the "interactive media guide" or indicating its forthcoming status before sending an e-mail indicating its arrival.

Then, to add insult to injury, you direct subscribers seeking more information to your website page that has no obvious relevant link to the IMG or to a channel running an unrelated loop.

It's a terrible long-term business strategy to rely on your competitors' greater incompetence.  Keep burning and insulting us (read the prior message about your grossly inferior guide) and you'll discover that, when we reach our limit and leave you, we won't be back.

MelHud

Caller ID

by MelHud on ‎03-10-2011 07:10 AM

Caller ID would be easier to read with larger fonts. A scrolling feature would be helpful, too. Caller ID on computer would also be good.

Verizon Call Assistant provides caller ID on the computer (you can download it)... And in general bigger fonts as an option on the TV is something we continue to work on...

Verizon,

It seems rediculous that I can't modify my FiOS TV plan if I have an outstanding order for an STB.  Especially if the STB is already active.  Waiting 10 days to UPGRADE my HD service is just crazy.  I have been around and around on this and no one seems to be able to make any changes to orders once they are in the system other than cancellation. 

Please fix this.  I think you will have happier customers. 

I am probably jumping to DirecTV at this point since Verizon has a brain dead ordering system.

Thanks

mdscher

Add Channel

by mdscher on ‎12-28-2012 05:14 PM
Add BBC World News in HD

When trying to record something using the iphone app, I am not able to resolve a conflict if I already have 2 things scheduled to record.  I get a message telling me to resolve the conflict on my set top box.  This is kind of inconvenient and is something we should be able to do from the app. 

hard to do, but not impossible
Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Idea Statuses

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools