It might seem like a good advertising gimmick to say that you pass channels through unaltered to customers, but from a customer perspective, we shouldn't have to worry about the varying saturation, brightness, etc. between content provider feeds. They should be normalized at the VHO to give us consistent levels across channels.
I pay our bill online every month and every month verizon is the last company to deduct payment from my bank account which I find MOST annoying as we live on a budget. What can be done so the payment can be deducted within the 2-3 day period like everybody else? I'd prefer they deduct it as soon as I pay.
Stop advertising FiOS in areas where it isn't available. We want it, we really do, but it's very frustrating to see advertisements and commercials lauding it over and over when we can't have it. It doesn't breed good favor with Verizon on the whole.
we get phone and internet service here in cumberland md 21502 but know tv or wireless service what is up with that yopu offer to but not the rest what happen you only brought half the company here with you
I really love the mobile remote app that is available for the iphone and android platforms, however there is nothing for my blackberry...yet. Is there something in the works for the blackberry? I know you have your remote dvr app for blackberry, so one would think?
Ive read lots of suggestions regarding DVRs and the TV service, but no one have suggested a remote control suggestion. When we press a button, only a select amount of buttons light up on the remote. It would be great if Verzion came out with a remote where all buttons light up. Different colors to represent different functions. Blue for the numbers, red for the dvr playing options, Green for the volume/channel changers. Purple for the menu items. This would also improve the elderly's use of the remote control. The Verizon instructional channel that tells how to use the remote is kinda long winded, and my gpa doesnt understand english anyway, but colors are a universal language!!
Just had my Fios installed last Friday coming from Cox in Hampton Roads Virginia and there are a few things we have found that are changes in the wrong direction.
1. HD channels - this is obviously specific to our preferences but no E! and BBC in HD sucks - who wants to watch Top Gear in an SD letterbox?
2. Progress bar when FF through a recorded program. Fios just has a little arrow marker showing relative position through the show and a very subtle shading in the info bar that is meant to indicate progress. With Cox there was a nice progress bar , the start and end time (clock time) at either end, and your actual clock time on the progress bar indicating where you are in the recording. Also, I like the 30sec skip but it provides absolutely no indication of progress through the recording.
3. Guide - I understand there are improvements to the guide coming up in the near future but the SD guide/menu really limits the information you can see. This is particulalry frustrating with the recorded content when you basically see the first 1-2 words of the title ... because there isn't enough room to actually provide the description.
4. Program search - seems like there are many unnecessary nested folders when I search for a program...it just keeps going and I don't understand the purpose.
5. Can't set up a "series recording" based on key word. For instance, I'd like to record every program that happens to have "triathlon" in the title. maybe I just haven't figured this out for Fios yet.
That's my list so far. No deal breakers but definitely steps back from what I was accustomed to with Cox. Hopefully the 1.9 software release will address some of these issues.
It would be great if when watching a recorded show on the DVR and you are fast forwarding, then once you press Play to stop the fast forwarding, it rewinds itself 1 frame back, so you dont miss the first 5 seconds of when the show begins again. Time Warner cable has had this feature for months. Would be a great addition to software release 1.9
Auto-pay should be a very simple process, although I am finding that it is not. If it takes 2-3 months for auto-pay to go through, that information should be noted when the customer is creating their auto-pay account. It should then also be noted on the bill that is sent to the customer.
My last two bills stated "Do not send payment." We will automatically debit the total amount due on your back account. Your bank will pay on or after Jan. 11, 2001. Obviously, we did not send payment. Imagine my surprise when I opened up this months bill to find out that my last months payment was not debited from the checking account.
The auto-pay system needs to be clarified more--and more importantly, the information should be accurate. Again this months pill told me not to send a payment. Imagine my surprise when I called today inquiring if payment had been received, to find out it hadn't.
I'm not very happy about this service. Along, with the fact, that I was transferred 3 times to find out in the end, I had to make the payment today.
Sometimes i hear that a great show will be on XYZ network but i dont know what Fios channel that network is mapped to. So if i could search by netowork by typing in, for example, "DISCOVERY HD", it would be great. Or by the channel code as well.
Search 2 hours prior history tv guide:
Sometimes i want to know what was on in the last hour, but you cannot view the past in the tv guide. It would be great if at least we can scroll back by an hour or two.
The cable company which used to provide service to me was able to show true local weather forecasts on the Weather Channel. Why can't FIOS do the same? I live 60 miles from New York City, but I can only view a forecast for Central Park? You can do better than that.
Also, could you please stop the incessant advertising for upcoming movies and adult-aged TV shows when the customer is reviewing On Demand options? Most of the time we're trying to find a show for the kids to watch, and some of those previews can be distrurbing.