Customers With Disabilities
Enter New Idea

It might seem like a good advertising gimmick to say that you pass channels through unaltered to customers, but from a customer perspective, we shouldn't have to worry about the varying saturation, brightness, etc. between content provider feeds.  They should be normalized at the VHO to give us consistent levels across channels.

we are not permitted to make changes to the signals as described...but we do work with the content partners to make corrections on their end. What channels are offending in your opinion?
newbirth6411

instant bank draft

by newbirth6411 on ‎03-05-2011 12:55 AM

Hello,

I pay our bill online every month and every month verizon is the last company to deduct payment from my bank account which I find MOST annoying as we live on a budget.  What can be done so the payment can be deducted within the 2-3 day period like everybody else?  I'd prefer they deduct it as soon as I pay.

Thank you

yasminye

Advertising FiOS

by yasminye on ‎03-03-2011 06:30 PM

Stop advertising FiOS in areas where it isn't available. We want it, we really do, but it's very frustrating to see advertisements and commercials lauding it over and over when we can't have it. It doesn't breed good favor with Verizon on the whole.

Our Marketing department has a process in place that will advertise to qualified areas. If you are getting direct mail in error, please send me a personal message on the forum.

jesus1me

fios for local churches

by jesus1me on ‎03-03-2011 05:38 AM - last edited on ‎03-07-2011 09:42 AM by Admin Emeritus

Lets see Verizon FIOS dicount ser vice to local churches in there local  community also have a customer appreciation day with a cookout etc... or maybe go toa local hospital with toys for sick children

Several ideas in one post... so I go with VZ already does lots of charity. The Verizon Foundation donates dollars to support lots of non-profits. VZ employees donate thousands of hours volunteering for charity. I just walked by a book drive in my building's lobby yesterday. We also do things like sponsor customer TV viewing parties... see the Super Bowl parties from last month.
matthews76

Widen Fios service

by matthews76 on ‎03-01-2011 09:17 AM

Been waiting for some time now for service to be available at my home. When will fios be available to Delta?

If FiOS is available in your town already, then it is not much longer of a wait to get it to your house in most cases... but if it is not we are currently focused on finishing building FiOS in towns / cities we already started before adding new markets to the network
bmcook69

we need service here

by bmcook69 on ‎02-27-2011 10:57 PM

we get phone and internet service here in cumberland md 21502 but know tv or wireless service what is up with that yopu offer to but not the rest what happen you only brought half the company here with you 

Peppy6900

FIOS Remote App for Blackberry.

by Peppy6900 on ‎02-26-2011 02:53 PM

I really love the mobile remote app that is available for the iphone and android platforms, however there is nothing for my blackberry...yet.  Is there something in the works for the blackberry?  I know you have your remote dvr app for blackberry, so one would think?

Requires a complete re-design for BB's... because so few of the models are touch screen and the ones that are touch screen have pretty volumes.
nbannon123

facebook page

by nbannon123 on ‎02-25-2011 05:19 PM

how about one facebook page for verizon, not an individual one for fios, wireless, business, etc

jweir77

EuroNews

by jweir77 on ‎02-22-2011 07:02 PM

Silly to offer this in Italian.  How about we get the English version?

unless you speak Italian... B-)
rko316632

Remote Control Upgrade!

by rko316632 on ‎02-17-2011 05:52 PM

Ive read lots of suggestions regarding DVRs and the TV service, but no one have suggested a remote control suggestion.  When we press a button, only a select amount of buttons light up on the remote.  It would be great if Verzion came out with a remote where all buttons light up.  Different colors to represent different functions.  Blue for the numbers, red for the dvr playing options, Green for the volume/channel changers Purple for the menu items.  This would also improve the elderly's use of the remote control.  The Verizon instructional channel that tells how to use the remote is kinda long winded, and my gpa doesnt understand english anyway, but colors are a universal language!!

At the moment we are focused on turning all those gadgets into cool remote controls (we just ship a new remote model last year that made things easier to wrangle). As tablets get cheaper you gpa could be a remote control app in his native language or maybe one with giant buttons that are easy to read.
JBell

Missing features coming from Cox

by JBell on ‎02-17-2011 11:29 AM

Just had my Fios installed last Friday coming from Cox in Hampton Roads Virginia and there are a few things we have found that are changes in the wrong direction.

1. HD channels - this is obviously specific to our preferences but no E! and BBC in HD sucks - who wants to watch Top Gear in an SD letterbox?

2. Progress bar when FF through a recorded program. Fios just has a little arrow marker showing relative position through the show and a very subtle shading in the info bar that is meant to indicate progress. With Cox there was a nice progress bar , the start and end time (clock time) at either end, and your actual clock time on the progress bar indicating where you are in the recording.  Also, I like the 30sec skip but it provides absolutely no indication of progress through the recording.

3. Guide - I understand there are improvements to the guide coming up in the near future but the SD guide/menu really limits the information you can see. This is particulalry frustrating with the recorded content when you basically see the first 1-2 words of the title ... because there isn't enough room to actually provide the description.

4. Program search - seems like there are many unnecessary nested folders when I search for a program...it just keeps going and I don't understand the purpose.

5. Can't set up a "series recording" based on key word.  For instance, I'd like to record every program that happens to have "triathlon" in the title. maybe I just haven't figured this out for Fios yet.

That's my list so far. No deal breakers but definitely steps back from what I was accustomed to with Cox. Hopefully the 1.9 software release will address some of these issues.

Don't have a better status to select with multiple ideas in one post...

More HD's on the way

Progress bar got a subtle re-design in the next version of software... hopefully you like it better

On item 3 there are two simple choices (bigger fonts / less info per page or vice versa) we continue to seek the right balance

Search is way killer... the nested folders are associated content... search for Kevin Bacon and get content he is in... then below see other actors / directors in the same show... and see what other content we have with those folks... Take a bit to play with because there is no way Cox has better search (especially after the upcoming upgrade). Can't even accept for one moment that search is a step back from Cox... it's based on Internet search engine tech...

#5 is a duplicate request

rko316632

DVR playback options.

by rko316632 on ‎02-16-2011 01:56 PM

It would be great if when watching a recorded show on the DVR and you are fast forwarding, then once you press Play to stop the fast forwarding, it rewinds itself 1 frame back, so you dont miss the first 5 seconds of when the show begins again.  Time Warner cable has had this feature for months.  Would be a great addition to software release 1.9

1.9 is not getting any more features... that ship sailed last fall... this feature is very hard to get right and actually some customers don't like it...
wiggy0504

Payment

by wiggy0504 on ‎02-16-2011 10:46 AM

Auto-pay should be a very simple process, although I am finding that it is not.  If it takes 2-3 months for auto-pay to go through, that information should be noted when the customer is creating their auto-pay account.  It should then also be noted on the bill that is sent to the customer. 

My last two bills stated "Do not send payment."  We will automatically debit the total amount due on your back account.  Your bank will pay on or after Jan. 11, 2001.  Obviously, we did not send payment.  Imagine my surprise when I opened up this months bill to find out that my last months payment was not debited from the checking account. 

The auto-pay system needs to be clarified more--and more importantly, the information should be accurate.  Again this months pill told me not to send a payment.  Imagine my surprise when I called today inquiring if payment had been received, to find out it hadn't. 

I'm not very happy about this service.  Along, with the fact, that I was transferred 3 times to find out in the end, I had to make the payment today. 

mwan333

Search by Network

by mwan333 on ‎02-14-2011 02:31 PM

Search by Network:

Sometimes i hear that a great show will be on XYZ network but i dont know what Fios channel that network is mapped to. So if i could search by netowork by typing in, for example, "DISCOVERY HD", it would be great. Or by the channel code as well.

Search 2 hours prior history tv guide:

Sometimes i want to know what was on in the last hour, but you cannot view the past in the tv guide. It would be great if at least we can scroll back by an hour or two.

Search by network has existed since 2007... you can search by any keyword you could imagine... FiOS TV search uses Internet search engine technology. For the second idea... status would be something like "maybe later".

The cable company which used to provide service to me was able to show true local weather forecasts on the Weather Channel. Why can't FIOS do the same? I live 60 miles from New York City, but I can only view a forecast for Central Park? You can do better than that.

Also, could you please stop the incessant advertising for upcoming movies and adult-aged TV shows when the customer is reviewing On Demand options? Most of the time we're trying to find a show for the kids to watch, and some of those previews can be distrurbing.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Idea Statuses

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools