Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Enter New Idea

Dear Verizon,

Love the service.  It is the best. 

But Bill paying online is one of the worst I have ever seen.  I never found it harder for a business establishment to take my money.  And then if it is late you hammer me with a late charge.  Multiple web sites and browser upgrades that are unable to access.  Pretty unbelievable how bad the method is to simply pay a monthly bill.

Which brings me to another point.  How about a  customer loyalty break on the bill.  It keeps creeping up and now around 150 bucks a month for the basics.  While you offer newcomers 90 bucks for the same service.  Thanks for listening.

Iggy100a

just called to cancelled the fios that I never ordered. someone ordered online, pretending to be me. And got the order through. fake email and fake phone that was NOT MINE.

I guess they got into my account? guessed the password and ordered from within my account??? I don't know. the verizon person said they did not order from a phone. was done online.

My suggestion is, next time an order comes in supposedly from me, call me to verify it. Do not make me call you. I should not have too.

is verizon in such a need for money that they will process orders that did not come from me? you need to verify the identity of someone saying they are me... BEFORE you give the OK for an order/purchase...

I have a question for you, though. If it was ordered via your account, how are they supposed to know it's not from you? How would you propose they verify - by sending an additional email to your primary info on your account? And was the order placed to go into your home and not another address? Just checking so we can forward your feedback on to the site owners.
macgig

https connections in account sensitive areas

by macgig on ‎09-19-2011 05:27 AM

think I see why my account was compromised. one possible reason at least.

its' not a secure connection when logged in. all my account info is at  http://www22.verizon.com/

shouldn't that be an https connection? this is my account info, sensitive data... which has been compromised.

without the https, any info I enter, like a password, can be seen/grabbed by someone else. right?

I believe that this change is in progress.

id like to be able to keep the internet/dsl service but ditch my home phone, and the bill that comes with it each month. 

frankly I rarely use the home phone... its expensive... and taxes and fees on it are getting too high for my liking...  $12 bucks a month just in taxes and fees... thats getting too high in my view.

HELLO,

ONE GREAT CHANGE IS TO ADAPT THE GUIDE TO A ICON FORMAT FOR CHANNEL LINE UP AND TV SHOWS MOVIES.

MAKE IT SO USER FRIENDLY THAT IT DROPKICKS THE COMPETITION.

FIOS ALREADY HAS THE UPPER HAND(MULTI ROOM DVR) BUT GO FOR THE KNOCK OUT.:robotwink:

Pretty sure I know what you mean... but ya know... more words about "icon format" the better
virtualbelinda

Emergency System for Westchester

by virtualbelinda on ‎09-10-2011 03:24 PM

I live in Mount Vernon, NY. I noticed that when you do emergency system testing, the counties listed for coverage are all in NYC. I live 18 miles away from Time Square. I am in a potential danger zone in a catastrophic event in this area. My TV in Mount Vernon needs to be connected to the area that covers me which is Westchester County. I do not understand how you can take our Westchester money and not plan on providing us with information in the event of a disaster. Please fix this.

LennyM

Motorola FIOS Box should output two channel PCM

by LennyM on ‎09-10-2011 10:20 AM - last edited on ‎09-21-2011 08:32 AM by Admin Emeritus

My OTA set top box and my summer home Time Warner cable box both permit a two channel PCM signal that can be converted to two channel analog sound by my home theater DAC.  Verizon technician said that Verizon removes that capability from the Motorola box and my home theater set up doesn't work with FIOS as my DAC does not accept the Dolby 5.1 data signal.  This complaint is being made in many forums where I have searched for advice.  I'm not on a contract and will cancel soon if I cannot restore my beautiful home theater sound.

jkratsa

Extended DVR Memory

by jkratsa on ‎10-20-2010 05:57 AM

I should be able to purchase more memory for my dvr, like a memory stick I can plug into the box I'd pay an extra 10 bucks a month for some more memory!

Thanks,

Jason Kratsa

what Keyboards said... up to 2TB's drives... USB ports and thumb drives don't have sufficient bandwidth to move the amount of data necessary to provide DVR storage.
ksb729

SNY HD in Massachusetts

by ksb729 on ‎09-10-2011 06:17 AM

SNY seems to be one of the only channels that has an HD version but it is not offered in MA. Please add SNY HD in MA, it seems like all the other areas that have SNY have both.

VZ-ON-THE-GO

FIOS TV ON the GO

by VZ-ON-THE-GO on ‎10-20-2010 05:43 AM

This is kind of a 3 in 1 deal. I was thinking that VZ should offer FIOS on the go. If you subscribe to FIOS TV and FIOS internet, why not have FIOS everywhere you go. For instance, VZ will need to offer the internet card and as long as you are subscribed to FIOS TV and Internet you will have the ability to watch live TV directly from your PC/laptop. It's more of the concept of watching TV as if you at home but in reality you are away from home. How cool will that be. Just a thought!

Well to be fair... it partially exists... go to www.verizon.com/fiostvcentral... and you can watch live CNN feeds... or watch On Demand from Epix and HBO... ESPN live channels are also coming... over the next several months more and more of your FiOS TV content will be available where ever you go... including in places without connection to the Internet like airplanes (you'll be able to download shows to take with you). It will work on your computer, mobile phone and even tablets... very exciting times... LIVING THE DREAM.

This is very annoying indeed. Why does our 7232 return to the live action of a show currently recording when you hit 'STOP'?!? Regardless if you were on another channel prior to hitting play of show in progress/recording. (This happens during use of only 1 tuner, with our D* HR24 HD-DVRs this doesn't happen.  It just returns you to the show/channel that you were previously watching.  It will do it if both tuners are active, but that's understandable.)

This causes "Spoilers"! I don't want to see the current score or punchline to a movie.

C'mon FIOS get this corrected as it's really creating some major wifey aggro  }8^)

prisaz

Add a go green category to your ideas.

by on ‎10-16-2010 06:45 PM

Perhaps customers could give you some ideas on how to be green.

bootsie

Fios TV

by bootsie on ‎09-04-2011 06:53 PM

I got Fios because it was going to be so much less expensive than Comcast was.  Now, I'm considering getting rid of it when my 2 year contract is up because I feel you need to add more channels to the basic HD service.  It is rediculous that you don't offer more as part of the basic package.  The few channels that show movies, show the same ones over and over.  I recently got rid of the movie channels that I subscribed to because they showed the same things over and over again and was charged $24.99 for the package (and not even notified it would happen after my 1st year was up)  Some people are on fixed incomes and cannot afford such luxuries.  You need to 'get with it', or you will be losing more and more customers.

The channels offered in each package are really intended to meet a price point to your post... more channels = higher price of the package....
croseboom

HBO for christmas!

by croseboom on ‎09-04-2011 06:41 PM

i thought of a simple marketing idea which is a win-win for everyone.  seeing as the holidays are coming, how about making it possible to GIFT someone a years worth of a premium channel upgrade.  i bet it would become a popular gift and it would be easily renewable year to year.  it came to me when i recieved a magazine subscription from my mom last christmas.  just one thing, if you use my idea, how about gifting me one for making you millions?  merry christmas!

Every year we look at the gifting options... and it never seems to pan out when you dive into the details. But we'll keep trying to find the angle here...
RipponLanding

Home Media Manager Functionality

by RipponLanding on ‎10-12-2010 12:10 PM

I recently got a 2nd receiver box for my bedroom and turned on the Home Media Function which seems to be rather disappointing and not the impression of its capabilities as described by the representative at the Verizon store.  From what I gather the only feature is the ability to watch a recorded program that is on the DVR in my living room.  I would had thought I could pause/play other current programs on the TV, delete recorded programs or at least manage the DVR in my living room from the bedroom set box.  My only option now is to either walk downstairs to record a program or use the app on my iPhone to record something.  It seems like if I can use an iPhone app to manage my downstairs DVR the least I should be able to do is do it through the Home Media function.  Seems like for the same price per month I could just cancel the Home Media feature and get another DVR box, then record the programs on both DVRs so I get all the functions?  Thanks for your thoughts or advice.

In our next software release you will be able to schedule and delete from your bedroom. You will not be able to pause live TV or resolve scheduled recording conflicts from the bedroom... so we'll call those ideas "maybe later".
Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Idea Statuses

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools