Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Enter New Idea
DisgruntledWeb

Remove Promotional Garbage from web pages!

by DisgruntledWeb on ‎03-23-2011 07:51 AM - last edited on ‎03-31-2011 01:01 PM by Admin Emeritus

{word filter avoidance} I try to get on the website to pay my bill and I have to wait for 4 different fields of huge-data-file pictures of promotional **bleep** to load before I can even see the fields that will let me get logged in, THEN wait for another pile-o-promotional crap to load before the payment fields show up. CRIMINY! DOES EVERY %$#@! WEB PAGE HERE HAVE TO BE 20GB and 80% PROMOTIONAL SALES CRAP???? Can ANY page on this site EVER just get down to the business at hand?? Are you so upset that your only getting $420 a month from me that you totally PANIC if I won't spend $8 to watch Christina Agulera and Cher on my cell phone?? Who on God's green earth thinks we want to see all that crap you're foisting on us???

itzjudi

Favorites

by itzjudi on ‎03-22-2011 12:35 PM

Is there any way you can have more favorites?? (I am used to having 5 on the "other" plan I was on.). and we had the ability to name each one..

We always strive to have more of everything... on this topic we need to do some more work to get beyond the current limit of 3.
Trelea

Verizon Home Page

by Trelea on ‎03-21-2011 05:08 PM - last edited on ‎03-22-2011 07:44 AM by Admin Emeritus

It seems that the current Verizon web page is a recent redesign and improvement over an earlier version that I have never seem.  I'd like to suggest that more work needs to be done.  In particular, the page needs to be more user-friendly for persons who are older or with more limited vision.  Even with the zoom set to 150% on a 23" LED monitor, it is impossible to read much of the text, particularly that in light blue font.  (Making the screen any larger is not the solution as it means having to scroll horizontally to view an entire page -- in addition to the vertical scrolling that one expects.)

custom

New Guide - Full view current channel

by custom on ‎01-18-2012 12:26 PM

The Full view doesn't identify the current channel.  There's room at the top on the right for the standard number and label.  Thanks.

bert0mac

Your internet is SLOW

by bert0mac on ‎03-20-2011 12:17 AM

I used to have comcast. They had wonderful, fast internet. I switched to Verizon, now we have terrible, slow internet.. You should make your internet more like comcast, whose internet does not suck. The reason for this is....Our internet is the worst available.

fix it now or start giving out discounts on your discount services

Please run Speed Test on your service www.verizon.com/checkyourspeed, Then run the Speed Optimizer if needed, Make sure you reboot your PC, turn all the way off when you have finished optimizing. If this does not correct your problem please contact tech support at 1-800-837-4966
custom

New Guide - Bug: More

by custom on ‎01-17-2012 06:38 AM

Previous:

With the HD Graphics view, in Favorites mode, going from the "Channel Guide" version to the full version places the focus up one favorite channel.  Weird.  (It doesn't occur in SD Graphics view or All Channels mode.)

[I know this issue has been reported.]

Also:

With the HD Graphics view, in Favorites mode, going from the mini version to the full version places the focus down one favorite channel.  Weird difference.  (Again, it doesn't occur in SD Graphics view or All Channels mode.)

This bug was also in 1.8 but remains, at least on Motorola boxes, with 1.9.

Channels that broadcast 16x9 anamorphic  SD are not handled correctly if SD override or Native is set.  Instead it is letterboxed within a 4x3 image.  I am talking about those that do broadcast for full screen 16x9 not those that actually broadcast with black bands attached. 

Note than when Native and SD override is not set the STB does upscale these to full screen 16x9, but of course then I lose the advantage of Native mode for other channels.

Who writes and submits the program descriptions that are displayed in the FIOS TV Guide? Does anyone edit the descriptions before they are displayed?

Given the limited space for each entry, it is frustrating to see that multiple programs begin with the same redundant phrases.

The following examples are taken from the guide on any day:

- Archived material and expert commentary is brought together ...
- Interested viewers are present with ...
- Dramatic reenactments depict ...
- Viewers are offered ...
- A look at the ...

I'm not impressed with 'creative writing' on the TV Guide. I expect to see, at a glance, something about the program that allows me to decide if I want to read the expanded description. I'm not at all interested in knowing that the program is 'offered' or 'presented'  to 'interested viewers'.

They need to be Clear, Consise, and to the point. In other words: Keep It Simple Stupid.

oliver18754

HD YouTube to HDTVs with Standard FiOS Set Top Box

by oliver18754 on ‎01-14-2012 12:09 PM - last edited on ‎01-14-2012 03:10 PM by Moderator

HD YouTube videos to HDTVs with Standard FiOS Set Top Box.

wlpowell

The Comcast Network in Richmond, VA

by wlpowell on ‎01-13-2012 11:51 PM

People in Philly are requesting The Comcast Network in HD, people in Richmond, VA need it PERIOD (SD or HD).

custom

New Guide - Favorites Enhancement Tweak

by custom on ‎01-13-2012 07:59 PM

The new feature that keeps the guide views set to Favorites is convenient — one less button press.

However, one problem that now arises is that, if the current channel is not a favorite, then there's no information on it when you bring up the guide.  To get it, you need to press the Favorites button to see the channel and then press it again to set the guide back to Favorites when you're done.  So, maybe the current channel can be a temporary addition to the Favorites list.

Thanks.

prisaz

Stop Bloging 4G LTE on the Residential Community!Keep Supporting fiber.

by on ‎01-13-2012 07:47 PM - last edited on ‎01-13-2012 08:12 PM by Moderator

Stop Bloging 4G LTE on the residential web site!

Moderators would be pointing users to the Wireless Community site, if they posted this.

Unless it is the New FiOS to the home. Then announce it.

NO THANKS. I WANT TO KEEP MY FIBER! Keep supporting Fiber.

Thanks for your suggestion, Prisaz- I've passed it along to the blog writers.
dslr595148

Streaming serious traditional TV alternative, or stop screwing around!!!

by Gold Contributor VII ‎01-13-2012 11:56 AM - edited ‎01-13-2012 12:04 PM
As Addressed on http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Verizons-Nonsensical-LG-TV-FiOS-Offer-117818

In the process of trying to build hype LG's CES press release doesn't bother to tell you that to access this content you'll need to subscribe to both FiOS Internet and FiOS TV services. So again, why exactly would a customer who already has a FiOS set top use the integrated content being offered via their television? Verizon should either get into over the top streaming and offer a product that seriously offers a traditional TV alternative, or stop screwing around.

Hi All- I greatly appreciate your feedback and thoughts on this matter. I'll make sure they are seen by the proper team within Verizon. Thank you!
custom

Why IMG 1.9? Why not On-screen Guide?

by custom on ‎01-12-2012 08:34 AM

Especially with the recent changes, info for the on-screen guide should be prominent.  I'm technical, and I wouldn't look to "IMG 1.9" for help with the on-screen guide.

Further, right now, the link for the on-screen guide should be featured, not buried in the Residential Products and Services list.

Thanks.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Idea Statuses

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools