Customers With Disabilities
Enter New Idea

We recently were subscribers to FIOS internet and home phone, and recently decided to close our phone account to save, what we thought, would be about $30/month since we rarely used the home phone anyway. The bundled price (without taxes/fees) was $79.99/mo, with internet being about $50 and phone being about $30, after the bundle discounts of $5 off of each service for the bundle.

When I called customer service to cancel the phone, I was told that I would be paying $65/month for just the FIOS internet now (before taxes) instead of dropping to $50 or maybe $55/month for just internet. I was told that internet-only service is $59.99 and tack on ANOTHER $5/month - what I like to call a PENALTY - for again, having only one service with them.

So I am paying $10/month more for only having one service with them - fine. I consider that my penalty. But adding a second penalty of another $5/month for basically THE SAME REASON - having only one service - is adding insult to injury. Thanks Verizon for making your long-time loyal customers (check my long history) feel like unwanted step-children.

Aside from my rant, I actually DO have a constructive idea for you: Please market your services a little differently. Here's my suggestion: Market your internet service priced at $64.99, and add FIOS residential phone service for ONLY $15 more per month! That way, when someone chooses or needs to drop home phone service, they know going in that they go back to the $65/month and won't get sticker shock for the one service, and you won't be alienating your customer base. Also, your billing is a little more in line with the perceived VALUE of the service - internet, more the vast majority of the population - is more valuable now than residential phone service, since everyone has a cell phone now. To me, home phone service really is worth maybe $15/month. I understand it's worth way more to people who don't get cell reception in their location, but I'm talking about the majority of the population who do get reception. Thanks.

Here are links with all means to contact Verizon: http://www22.verizon.com/content/ContactUs/. The Chat link will load after the page is fully loaded.

I know you are corporate conglomerate like the rest of the tv providers. More and more tv is going to on demand and on the internet. I'm sure most cordcutters wouldn't mind paying $20-30 more a month if those certain channels you do have were available web only. I'm not talking about your live TV streams but your on demand stuff. 

TV is changing and people are watching shows in a non traditional manor. 

Positives for you

• 100% profitable 
  • Fewer service calls (most users doing this are tech savy)
  • Additional profits from allowing subscriptions to premium channels
  • No equipment in the customer's home 
  • Additional customers asking for the service (no one else is doing it)

Negatives

• none

rsdown

Choose how many e-mails shown on a page.

by rsdown on ‎05-18-2011 06:47 PM

I'd like to be able to break up my list of e-mails into pages & be able to choose how many to show per page - 20, 50, 100, all. I used the check box about the list to select all the shown e-mails for deletion with the old (better/faster) version all the time, but now if I try, all the e-mails I am saving are also selected. Picking through twenty at a time to delete what I want is easy. Making sure I don't delete some old e-mail I want waaayyyy down the list is a pain.

If this option exists, please point me to it. I have not been able to find it.

Dear rsdown, With regards to choosing how many emails to show per page, you can adjust the size of your preview pane and/or you can adjust the magnification of your browser. With regards to selecting groups of emails to delete, you can do the following: 1. Hit check box at the top of your inbox to select all emails in your inbox or selected folder 2. Hit check box for the first and last email in your inbox for the page displayed to select that page only of emails 3. You may also want to sort emails by date, sender, subject or size and delete Thank you for your feedback.

My boyfriend and I are looking to get FIOS for our new place. We only have a one year lease, so we need to sign up for a month-to-month plan. We attempted to do this, and I as an existing Verizon customer skipped the "optional" social security number field. This led to a number of bad moves on Verizon's part:

1) I have received almost daily automated phonecalls asking me to call Verizon to finish placing my order. Some of these calls come early in the morning and wake me up.

2) The first time I called, I was transferred to the department which could verify my identity. I asked for the number in case I was disconnected. I was disconnected, and the number ended up being the main Verizon number. When I dialed it, after ten minutes of holding and getting transferred, I learned the real number I should have been given.

3) When I called this number, I was assured by the representative that I would be called back if we got disconnected. I was transferred over to the identity verification department and placed on hold for 15 minutes before my call was disconnected. I never received a call back from the representative.

I have spent more than three hours now trying to sign up for FIOS, and I am incredibly frustrated that most of this unnecessary work could have been avoided had I known how essential the inclusion of my SS# was. 

nunes808

One mans thought

by nunes808 on ‎06-23-2011 03:04 PM

I got an idea!

Hows about gettting the people who designed the forums activation website to work on your actual website.  It was much easier to sign up, create an account and login then it is for me to find a contact number to call someone regarding pricing and ordering new service.  Make it easier for people to contact you and you just might have more business....just a thought.  I have 10 years in IT and your current website navigation is lacking imho...if im having trouble hows about the techy potential customers?  I imagine they will look someplace else such as I where its much easier to get my questions answered.  The old saying if you won't service your customers someone else will -Napoleon Hill

Dancher

Calibration

by Dancher on ‎12-27-2013 07:03 PM
Why not create a widigit or channel that allows you to calibrate your tv settings (color, brightness,etc).....
Samskara

Another thought on robo-calls

by Samskara on ‎10-29-2013 04:26 AM

Elsewhere in these forums I've said that I would gladly pay extra for the ability to block additional phone numbers -- but I'd like to throw in another suggestion.  Right now I have 60 numbers blocked, 50 on my telephone and 10 on digital voice.  I'm reasonably certain that most of these are now obsolete -- that the spammers have changed to a new number -- buit I don;t know which is which, so I can'[t delete old numbers from the list in order to make room for new ones.

If blocked numbers had provision for short notes to identify the caller, it would be easier to remove numbers that the spammers have discarded, rather than trying to expand blocking capacity.

It would be very helpful to be able to move these apps (Verizon FiOS DVR Manager, FiOS Mobile Remote, and FiOS on Demand) to an SD card on my Android phone.  These apps are much, much larger than the average app one finds in the Android Market (the Mobile Remote app is close to 15MB if I recall correctly).  I've had to uninstall both the Mobile Remote and the VOD apps from my Moto Droid as I just don't have the extra memory.  However, I have GBs free on my SD card.  

This option was made available in Froyo 2.2, so it's not really anything new.

Well it's not like Froyo has been around as long as Windows XP... just came out a couple months ago and is still not ported to all Android devices... but your point is well taken... Do you really have that many apps installed on your device that internal memory is insufficient? I have tons and still have GB's left on mine. Just wondering...
RobertOrlando

Get your Information straight

by RobertOrlando on ‎10-25-2013 09:47 AM

I recently purchased and installed (according to your onscreen instructions an external eSATA Hard Drive for my DVR.

The drive (WDBABT0010HBK-NESN) is one recommended on the Verizon web site. It did not work. DVR did not recognize the external drive. Went back to Verizon support - no help there. Called for telephone support - spent about an hour on the phone - no help there. I was preparing to return the eSATA drive thinking it was defective (suggested during the phone support session), but before doing so, I went to the Western Digital site and there got the CORRECT installation instructions.  Now the drive and DVR work together, no thanks to Verizon's sketchy and incomplete instructions. 

Thank you RobertOrlando for your post, and I am sorry to hear about your difficulty. I will work internally to try to get this resolved for other users. Please let me know if there is anything else we can help with.
prisaz

Side Bar for Ideas and Statuses for Idea Categories

by ‎11-09-2012 05:24 PM - edited ‎11-09-2012 05:57 PM

When displaying an Idea Category, have the Idea Statuses box display the statuses as Idea Category Statuses. Or have it display the Idea Status results for the Idea Category you are viewing.

This way a user can look at the status for ideas in a given category.

Other items are duplicated on the right side bar. Waist of space and not filtered correctly for the Idea category being displayed. Perhaps one box was intended to be the count for the currently displayed category, and the other was for all categories. Or just to see it multiple times as you scroll the page?

Idea Categories

Idea Statuses

Example

Ideas.JPG

shomovielove

Movie & Show Parental Ratings

by shomovielove on ‎08-24-2013 07:28 PM

Verizion should think about adding in a Parental Rating that provides reviews, program descriptions, and details about the programs language, violence, sexual content, and the recommended age appropriate scale for the program so that it can helpful to the parents or whoever to decide whether the movie/show is appropriate for the child to watch.

Could you explain this a little further?

PLEASE BRING FIOS TV TO LANCASTER COUNTY VIRGINIA! WE HAVE VERY FEW OPTIONS HERE. THE SATELITE COMPANIES DON'T WORK FOR MANY OF US IN THE AREA BECAUSE OF TREES. THE ONLY CABLE PROVIDER WE HAVE IN THE AREA IS SEVERELY OVER PRICED AND DOES NOT WORK HALF OF THE TIME. MY ENTIRE NEIGHBORHOOD IS WITHOUT ADEQUATE TV SERVICE. WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE SOMETHING ELSE PROVIDED TO US HERE!!

Queenfl

Discover Card-Double Miles

by Queenfl on ‎07-06-2012 12:24 PM

Discover Card Miles Cards offer Double miles when you pay your Internet TV and phone bills using that card.

Verizon wireless allows you to use a Discover Card. But, Verizon TV, Internet and home phone does not.

Makes no sense that the same company takes Discover for one type of account but not the other. It would be good business practice to allow Discover Card payments so your customers could get some perks.

freedomchild82

Add Chopped to the On Demand!

by freedomchild82 on ‎09-04-2013 08:56 PM

Can you please add Chopped to the free ondemand section of TV Viewing.. where you can find shows to view that maybe you missed etc.

It might seem like a good advertising gimmick to say that you pass channels through unaltered to customers, but from a customer perspective, we shouldn't have to worry about the varying saturation, brightness, etc. between content provider feeds.  They should be normalized at the VHO to give us consistent levels across channels.

we are not permitted to make changes to the signals as described...but we do work with the content partners to make corrections on their end. What channels are offending in your opinion?
Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Idea Statuses

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools