• BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
Enter New Idea
sdistefano11725

Additional Free On Demand

by sdistefano11725 on ‎07-16-2012 06:08 AM

Why don't you have original Lifetime shows in your Free On Demand...Drop Dead Diva and Army Wives.  You seem to have everything else available from major networks ABC etc.

Engage

FIOS TV On Demand

by Engage on ‎01-10-2014 03:45 PM

I am very frustrated at finding current TV series or movies must be "bought" or "rented" from on-demand.  I find that other services, such as Xfinity, offer up to five of the current series for free to those who subscribe to the channel in question.  It is outrageous to have to pay two or three times for the same thing.  Nickel-and-diming is the main reason I cancelled my Verizon account last time around.  This is no way to keep your customers.!

Toninmd

Option for electronic billing

by Toninmd on ‎08-28-2012 07:25 AM

I have chosen to protect the environment so I get paperless billing. Whenever I call Verizon, they ask me to put in my Customer ID number which can be located on the top right of the bill. Well guess what? I don't have a paper form of the bill because I get an email about my upcoming payment. Perhaps there can be an option for people that get emails to select 5 or something like that. I always have to hang-up and then sign on to my account to see the ID number and then call back in. Just a thought.

jscooper22

History/Back Button

by jscooper22 on ‎12-22-2010 01:26 PM

Program one of the HD-DVR remote buttons to function like "back" on a web browser. With 100s of channels in even the basic packages, it's often hard to remember where you just WERE. It'd be great to just be able to click back-back-back and go through the channels previously tuned. Maybe it's there now, but I couldn't find it. Thanks.

I am going to say that using the left arrow (back) and right arrow (forward) is there for most of the user interfaces... but you seem to be describing a bit bigger application of "back". Definitely something interesting to look into
MichaelWiseman

2012 Olympics

by MichaelWiseman on ‎08-25-2012 03:06 AM - last edited on ‎08-25-2012 03:49 PM by Moderator

I think that Verizon is a large enough Company to realize that they should recognize our Olympic winners.  Especially, the dedicated and talented American women and in particularly the five gymnastic young women that fought with all they had to make America champs.  They call these heroes the Fierce 5.  The captain of this team, Ms. Alexandra Raisman should be rewarded for her fierce courage in bring this ship home sailing with Olympic gold and American pride. 

{edited for privacy}

GGrube

e-mail & text

by GGrube on ‎01-15-2013 10:31 AM

It would be great if you could send text messages to a phone number from your e-mail page or somewhere on My Verizon.   It would be another thing to put Verizon far superior to Comcast.

Thanks for your input! We appreciate your willingness to share your idea. I have passed this on to the appropriate party.
Hubrisnxs

Content Availability & Expiration

by MVP Hubrisnxs on ‎10-30-2012 05:05 PM

Just a thought that through the IMG and on the FiOS TV ONLINE website, as well as an FAQ for users in the help and support section, you should do something similiar to Hulu.  I was browsing their site, and they have a great FAQ on their service, and it answers questions that could help customers avoid confusion and provide for a better experience.  knowledge is power and right now it kind of feels like it's a guessing game sometimes with regards to avaialability and expiration.

Here is the article if interested in seeing what I mean.

http://www.hulu.com/support/article/171123

Here is an excerpt 

It's our goal to provide as much content as possible and to keep it all on our service as long as possible. However, what videos we post and how long we're able to keep them on Hulu depends on streaming clearances granted by our content partners. We work with them constantly to try to secure more, and they've been great about reaching into their vaults on our behalf.

In some cases, videos may expire from Hulu. Streaming clearances can be limited by any number of legal or business agreements that differ from video to video. An episode or movie may expire due to myriad reasons, including music clearances, impending DVD sales and syndication deals, among others. As videos are the heart of our business, we're always working to expand streaming clearances.

Whenever a video is about to expire, we do our best to provide information in advance to our users. "Heads up" about expirations are posted in the video description when you hover over a video's thumbnail image five days before it is removed from our site. You may also activate expiration updates for videos in your queue; when turned on, you'll receive an email alert seven days prior to a video's expiration date. You can also find general availability notes on the main page for many shows.

VzLion

South Asia Hindi Package

by VzLion on ‎11-30-2011 10:38 AM

Verizon has been kind to allow me to try their South Asian Hindi Package a couple of times for free. Thanks.

But I wonder, whether $34.99 for that package is the correct price, I think it is very expensive.

Verizon should provide it for a cheaper price.

(Just to compare, Netflix comes for $10/month, which provides such a vast collection of streaming video, including some Bollywood stuff)

If reducing the cost is not an option, may be they can think of providing the individual channels (viz. Zee, Star, TVAsia, Sony) separately for a cheaper price say for $10 each. May be many customers might actually buy it, rather than just trying it for free, and then not buying it, after the promotion period.

While on the topic, may be Verizon can provide a Bollywood-On-Demand channel, where regularly movies/shows are added and  removed. I have seen that before from Comcast, and I loved it.

In addition, I would like to request Verizon to work with Willow TV, or ESPN or some other sports channel to provide Cricket. Again an On-Demand channel, where we can see archived games might also be interesting.

I will look forward to Verizon's response to my suggestions/requests.

Thanks.

justme001

Equipment upgrades

by justme001 on ‎01-19-2013 02:39 AM

How about equipment upgrades.  I have the same 327 westel router and even with the enhanced high speed DSL my wife and I cannot use the internet connection together.  If I am gaming on the xbox and she is browsing the net the speed drags to barely a crawl.

pamnjus

deleting email

by pamnjus on ‎12-14-2012 05:35 AM

I think there should be a way to delete all email messages at once. The way the system works now, you have to manually click each box or you can click the top box to highlight all of the emails on one page, but I literally have thousands of emails that I don't have time to sit there and delete and go through all of the pages. This would be great!

JamieLiao

TV Service

by JamieLiao on ‎10-20-2010 07:01 AM

I recently switched from Dish to Fios TV, I can't help to compare these two providers. To win the competition, there are few things Fios can do.

First, high light the channels that are available to my TV package in green. With hundreds of channels available, many of the times, I got tired of finding the one that is in my package.

Second, we do need a better TV guide. I got one large sheet of paper from the technician, it has all packages listed. It would be much better to offer me a laminated booklet(something that is heavy duty). I am sure that piece of paper will be wore out after a month.

Last thing, the equipment is way pricey comparing to Dish.

First item is a duplicate from several other suggestions - 2nd most popular idea on this forum... add your vote to "add an option to hide channels I don't subscribe to". There are also other suggestions about color coding. Second idea... well we are trying to get read of paper in all its forms... someone told me paper kills trees :smileyhappy: But we provide channels on the web (http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/FiOSTV/Channels/Channels.htm) and you can customize for you then print (see upper right button)... on your mobile phone you can even see the channels... Equipment pricing is also a duplicate ... unfortunately the response is "not likely"... but we do have other tech in the works that will help you have more options (cheaper and more expensive) for your set top box... stay tuned on that one.
graymare

Secure The Forum Login Page

by graymare on ‎08-21-2010 05:31 AM - last edited on ‎08-26-2010 12:36 PM by Employee Emeritus

The Forum login page does not appear to be "secure". The address has HTTP vs HTTPS and I don't see a "lock". Exposes user ID and password to hackers.

My browser is Internet Explorer

We did take a look and confirm the flow. When data is submitted, it is sent https as is pointed out below.
ncahill

Support Portal

by ncahill on ‎09-27-2011 03:51 PM

The support portal for tracking incidents is as close to worthless as I've ever seen.  We reported a phone outage and were told a technician would be here Monday, he came Sunday (that's a good thing).  I looked at our ticket today, Tuesday, and it tells me that we will see a technician Monday.  there's nothing in there about what he found and the next step, which we were told was a cable crew to fix the break. 

I run a Service Desk, it's vitally important to let folks see up-to-date information and where the incident stands.  This needs to be done in real time.  If not I have to call the support number and tie up a support person for a ticket update which has to be costly to Verizon.  I would suggest that you take a look at the Service Desk component of the IT Infrastructure Library.  You'd save a considerable amount of money and provide timely information to your customers instead of frustrating them with old and stale information.

AnnoyedWithVZ

Rhode Island stations on FIOS in MA

by AnnoyedWithVZ on ‎04-22-2013 06:48 PM

I live in southern MA and work in Rhode Island, but there are no RI channels on Massachusetts FIOS.  I would like to at least be able to watch the news so I can know about the weather, etc.

When I had Comcast they had several RI stations, but nothing on FIOS; several New Hampshire stations, so I don't understand why no Rhode Island stations? 

Quze

This site is TERRIBLY designed

by Quze on ‎12-27-2010 05:40 PM - last edited on ‎01-03-2011 12:17 PM by Admin Emeritus

I visited today  for two things:  balance and play.   I can't find WHERE the friggin game is.  The design of MyVerizon is simply awful! 

Here's the thing... if you want folks to participate in your marketing events you need to make it easy for them to do so. Seriously, verizon, this is a HUGE area of opportunity for you. DON'T BLOW IT!

Please be more specific as to what you're looking for and I'll try to help you find it.
Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Idea Statuses

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools