Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
Enter New Idea

It would be nice if the Verizon Yahoo webmail worked properly. Some webmail comes in as bold and some not. It should all come in as bold. Please fix this.

prisaz

Media Manager 64bit support PLEASE.

by ‎01-16-2011 07:42 AM - edited ‎01-16-2011 03:31 PM

Please provide better 64 bit support for media manager. Running it as administrator as your installation does, will not fix the issues. Your product does not list the publisher in the latest version, and does not even load when logging on. Please provide an update A.S.A.P.! Many of the DVR features now depend on this software, and many users are now running Windows 7 64bit, or Windows Vista 64bit. If you want uses to make better use of FlexView, IP radio and other feature, you need to provide better support for your software. Why can it not run as a service so you can use it without logging into your PC? If a PC is required for the DVR to work.

UPDATE Inhome agent is the same way. Everything Verizon writes wants to be an administrator. Come on! Develope apps with signed drivers and code that will run without being God!

MediaManagerDefender.JPG

Likeapro5

Credits

by Likeapro5 on ‎03-03-2013 06:36 PM
I feel that when services are down, we should automatically be credited for those issues so if on demand is down for a day then we should be credited without having to call.
Klang74

Purchasing movies on demand

by Klang74 on ‎07-03-2014 10:02 AM
I recently cancelled my service due to a military relocation. Prior to canceling my service and purchasing movies I researched if I would be able to keep the movies if I cancelled because I know that I will be moving every three years and I may not move to an area that offers Verizon fios. This is what I found from a Verizon support website:<br><br>What happens to the Multi-Screen videos I purchase if I move away or leave Verizon?<br>You can still view Multi-Screen videos you have purchased after you disconnect your Verizon services as long as you maintain your User ID and password at the Multi-Screen Store.<br><br>After reading this I bought another movie the day before I knew I was going to cancel. After canceling I asked, just to make sure, if I would still be able to keep my movies and I was told no. They said that unfortunately once I cancel I lose the movies. My suggestion is that maybe you have a disclaimer when you buy the movies that says you won't keep them if you cancel your service. Also, remove the statement on your website that says you can keep them. I bought over five movies, all for my children for about $100, I would have rented them if I knew and bought the DVD. As someone who deals with the hassle of moving often, every three to four years, this is one headache I do not need.<br><br>Thank you.
MiguelSi

Learning a Foreign language

by MiguelSi on ‎01-28-2013 01:52 PM

Learning another language is difficult.  It would be helpful if there were a separate page to view that would  show the  particular language text mixed in with the English text.  Spanish, for example, could be directly above or directly below the English to give new students real time translation.  Students continuing or wanting to maintain or brush up on their Spanish could click on the page as well.  Thank you.

joesanchez

Costumer service like the one provided by agent

by joesanchez on ‎03-28-2013 05:37 PM - last edited on ‎03-28-2013 05:44 PM by Moderator

Spoke with 3 people on the phone & 1 online about my gift card. THE ONLY PERSON  that did not pass my call & helped me was a very nice young lady {edited for privacy}.  The should hire more like these employees.

Sounds like your CSR provided you with great service. Thanks for the kudo and for using Idea Exchange. I will pass on your desire for reps just like her.

Not really a new idea, but very frustrating that Fios didn't have the common sense to implement this in the first place.

When you set time restrictions (settings-parental control-time,date restrictions) for your set-top boxes to block your children from being able to view TV during certain times of the day (homework, dinner) it works as advertised UNTIL you enter your PIN number. Once you enter your PIN number, it deactivates the time restriction controls and allows the TV to be turned on whenever you please, until you re-activate it again, by going back through settings-parental control-time,date restrictions-activate.

It would be more logical to have the box prompt your for the PIN number every time you attempt to access the TV during these blackout times, regardless of whether you just accessed it 5 minutes ago, and hour ago, or whenever.

jpspeno

Variable skip and rewind

by jpspeno on ‎08-03-2011 05:24 PM

When viewing recorded video, I'd like the ability to enter a number of minutes with the remote then press  the 'next' button to skip that many minutes forward. And likewise the same feature with the 'prev' button.

Go to Settings -> DVR -> Replay / Skip -> select time duration from list. Are you suggesting this should be something you can type a number?
red

verizon fios to offer netflix free

by on ‎10-16-2011 03:37 PM - last edited on ‎10-22-2011 08:51 AM by Moderator

verizon fios should run a promotion like dish network with blockbuster free for 3 months to new and existing customers but do it with netflix netflix allows open operating system capability so you can stream hd video to your game system mac linux pc tablet or smartphone ect verizon fios should run a promo to get netflix free for a promotional period where you can stream movies stream starz play movies and have dvd and blue ray movies sent to you for free for a promotional period fios would get new customers and this will satisfy customers because of open capadability 

custom

Why IMG 1.9? Why not On-screen Guide?

by custom on ‎01-12-2012 08:34 AM

Especially with the recent changes, info for the on-screen guide should be prominent.  I'm technical, and I wouldn't look to "IMG 1.9" for help with the on-screen guide.

Further, right now, the link for the on-screen guide should be featured, not buried in the Residential Products and Services list.

Thanks.

ABN

Improve FIOS App Guide

by ABN on ‎07-14-2012 09:35 PM

I've found the FIOS App to be very useful at finding something to watch without having the turn the TV on.  The problem is the guide on the App doesn't have all the options that the guide on the STBs do.  It would be nice to only see my subscribed channels on the App, just like on the STBs guide. 

GForce

Response to current SPAM trends...

by GForce on ‎09-30-2011 06:30 AM

SPAMMERS have figured out how to thwart SPAM Filters by using extremely long server/domain names with several extensions,if you will, as represented by the number of periods in the server/domain name.  Therefore I suggest that a Filter be created to count the length of the server/domain and/or the number of periods it contains and move messages that go beyond reasonable to SPAM Folders...

badgirl

cbs channel 6 - WTVR

by badgirl on ‎12-27-2012 06:17 PM - last edited on ‎12-29-2012 03:35 PM by Moderator

i wont my cbs channel 6 i dont understand why we have to pay yall so much money and you drop channels

Awesome News! We're excited to announce that WTVR (Channel 6) and Verizon FiOS have reached a deal that is a win win for the most important people...YOU. There will be no interruption to your channel offerings. Thank You for standing with us as we worked hard to get the best deal for our customers.
LennyM

Motorola FIOS Box should output two channel PCM

by LennyM on ‎09-10-2011 10:20 AM - last edited on ‎09-21-2011 08:32 AM by Admin Emeritus

My OTA set top box and my summer home Time Warner cable box both permit a two channel PCM signal that can be converted to two channel analog sound by my home theater DAC.  Verizon technician said that Verizon removes that capability from the Motorola box and my home theater set up doesn't work with FIOS as my DAC does not accept the Dolby 5.1 data signal.  This complaint is being made in many forums where I have searched for advice.  I'm not on a contract and will cancel soon if I cannot restore my beautiful home theater sound.

Hello,

I use Verizon FIOS mostly for internet service.  However, I do what TV sometimes.  But I find the menu and guide to be very user-unfriendly.  

I would suggest that you guys look at what Apple has done with Apple TV and look at some other simple user interfaces for consumer products.  

The Verizon FIOS TV guide is in my opinion:

1.  Is slow and it takes too much time to scroll and move through menu options and scroll through channels.

2.  Is way too cluttered on the screen and with all the misc buttons on the remote, most of which I never use and all the "stuff" on the screen concerning on demand.

3.  Hard to find what I want to watch in that it shows channels I am not subscribed to and then when I filter those channels out, it loses that setting and I have to refilter over and over again.  It also loses the filtering for the HD only channels.

Simplicity and usefulness are more important to me and probably to most folks then having an array of options on the Guide and channels that aren't even subscribed and a bunch of irrelvent buttons on a remote control.

Please consider a revamp of the FIOS TV guide, user interface and remote.  Apple's remote has one 4 way directional circle button and one center button and I can search for movies, start and stop movies, turn on and off closed captioning, listen to my iTunes music and even setup WiFI and enter a password using just that 4 directional button and the center button.

instead of fumbling around with a butch of small buttons on the Verizon remote that I can't see when the lighting is turned down.  Or constantly studying the remote to figure out what button I have to press to get to the option to filter out channels I don't want to see.  Its really very annoying to use the Verizon TV remote sometimes.  

Thanks,

Mike

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Idea Statuses

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools