Customers With Disabilities
Enter New Idea
fttp4me

Plays better with FiOS

by fttp4me on ‎01-19-2011 05:00 PM

I play plenty of games online, and the low latency of FiOS has been a big plus for some of my online gaming.  A recent experience I had however was one of my friends was still using cable and if we tried playing during peak times (6pm-11pm) his lag was so terrible the game would be unplayable or even disconnect.  It took me forever to convince him that switching to FiOS would improve his experience, but finally he did, and it made a huge difference in his online gaming.

My idea however is geared toward the fact that it took me close to a year to convince him to switch as he was skeptical that FiOS offered any real advantage over his cable company.  Verizon could partner with some of the more popular online gaming companies and video game consoles to provide a "stamp" on some of their products that the online gaming experience would work better with a FiOS connection.  I imagine that if several popular games on consoles like the PS3, Xbox360, Nintendo Wii, or the PC had a seal that says "Plays better with FiOS" that would give Verizon a big marketing push and help distinguish Verizon's internet even more.  Most people take advertisements with a grain of salt when it comes from the company selling the product, but when a separate company advocates it, there tends to be a little more weight to it.  So my idea is similar to how many PC products have minimum system requirements, but then they also have the recommended system requirements where a game might play better with a certain CPU, Graphics, or RAM.  Getting a "Plays better with FiOS" stamp on some popular games or advocated by places like Gamestop may help increase FiOS adoption rates, and ultimately lead to FiOS being extended to more areas.

Agree... and thought it was a good idea... especially the part where our customers tell other consumers about their experiences with FiOS... stay tuned.

Hi,

It would be great if we could browse the On Demand library directly on the phone with the Mobile Remote app. Looks like the DVR Manager app can do this. (I don't have a DVR just an HD STB)

David.

We are merging the DVR and remote app... so you'll have what's being requested... even if you don't have a DVR.

I was hit with a DVR charge that I was not told initially, nor I did order it at all. The customer service rep told me, "You could have caught the charges 2 months ago, therefore there is no way I could credit you back the charges. Ripping off customers will hurt you in the long run, "treat them as they should be treated, not like trash." Eventually, you'll get hurt, and that day will be in the near future! I expected to receive an excellent customer service, but I am disappointed and will gradually take my business somewhere else.

eglb

communication

by eglb on ‎12-31-2010 07:08 PM

The problem I experienced and am trying to rectify may serve as an area for Verizon improvement.  I had FIOS Freedom Essentials with a low definition box.  I was convinced when I called to see about switching to HD that I had to leave Freedom Essentials.  This appears to be incorrect, that the plan had HD channels and that all I had to do was swap the box.  In agreeing to an "upgrade" what actually happened was a drastic cut in the number of TV channels available and a 2 yr contract.  Trying to reverse the order has been very trying and counterproductive to the goals of Verizon's customer service.  May I suggest enabling the FIOS support personnel have access to the details of all plans (esp old, but active) so as to avoid such errors and ill-will. 

amroll

Payment due Date

by amroll on ‎04-17-2013 01:26 PM

With all the technology that Verizon has, I would think they could find a way to change my payment due date from the end of the month to the beginning of the month when I pay my bills and my checks come in.  When I requested this, customer service told me it was mpossible to change my due date unless I changed my telephone number.  This is a great inconvenience to me, and I would change service if the building I live in was not rewired for Verizon.

Sorry for the inconvenience. The customer service representative was correct. I will pass your concern and request for due date changes on to the billing team. Thanks so much for using Idea Exchange.
aylonna

green idea

by aylonna on ‎09-05-2012 04:51 PM - last edited on ‎09-08-2012 02:51 PM by Moderator

i have asked techs many times -- when will verizon have an automated feature that will allow you to time the cable box to come on and go off?  this would save electricity.  my tv allows me to do this.  i would love this feature.   

I'm in a technology field.  I understand that it's impossible to know for sure how long a job will take until you're on-site and able to see what's what. But a lot of people don't get this. It'd great to just have a sidebar on your support page(s)  titled "why a four hour window?" and explain it in painfully simple terms.  It's an easy and inexpensive way to rteduct blood pressure of your customers.  Thanks.

ps- It would alos be great if your technicians could call ahead to their next appointment when they're on the way.  Again, not expensive and it would ensure your cusrtomers aren't "indesposed" or otherwise occupied.Spell Check

prisaz

Program STB Favorites and Parental controls Like possible with DVR.

by on ‎12-03-2012 04:15 AM - last edited on ‎12-08-2012 03:10 PM by Moderator

Program STB Favorites and Parental controls from the web. Like possible with DVR. It would be nice to clone these between boxes. So I don't have to go to every box and set these, or remember what I had set on the DVR.

cordelia

Lousy connectivity

by cordelia on ‎12-17-2012 02:20 PM

Please fix the connectyivity:  "not available," dropping.  I have a new modem but that hasn't fully corrected the problem.  When I boot up the internet is connected but as soon as I go to the web, it is "not available."  I am seriously considering switching to Comcast.

Kelsnest528

Havoc tv station

by Kelsnest528 on ‎01-15-2013 04:29 AM
I am a big fan of sports and surfing and snowboarding are my favorite. Problem is the only way I can watch these sports are VOD and in 5 minute clips! AT&T has havoc 24/7 I think fios should too! It's a great station and has action packed sports to watch. Havoc station is needed not just VOD
Thanks for that Idea. I will notify the FiOS Programming team with your request. Keep the suggestions coming.
FairnessToAll

Billing Fairness

by FairnessToAll on ‎02-21-2013 07:50 AM

I have been pleased with the FIOS Services for many years.  However, I recently had a TV connection that required a technician to come to my home.  I have no problem with the charge for the first 30 minutes.  That seems more than enough to repair a problem with an exisiting service.  I have had a TV in an area for at least 5 years, the signal deteriorated and I was unable to correct it with the normal unplugging etc.  The technician came and replaced an existing wire- the charge beyond 30 minutes was exhorbitant to replace an EXISTING wire.  I think it is a reasonable and fair business practice to give a customer an estimate for repairs- and an explanation as to why replacing a wire that is already in place should take longer than 30 minutes (from a kitchen to an open basement).  The customer service rep repeated that I was charged for the service I received and gave a small credit for my next bill ($75)- adding insult to injury.  Estimates of large bills are reasonable- being overcharged for a simple task is frustrating and unnecessary.  I don't expect when I call for a technician it should be a situation where I have no idea (other than the first 30 minutes) of what I will be charged.  

Thanks for input. It appears that you would like a better estimation of final costs. I will share your suggestion with the Service and Support Group. Please continue to submit your ideas.
timgg

phone

by timgg on ‎01-11-2013 07:54 AM

we need senior plans to start AT AGE 60!!!!!!

WLNY-TV which is offered on ch10 in standard definition is broadcasting in HD on ch 55.1 as of April.
We don’t have SD sub channels  WCBS 2.2 CBSNY+  their 24-hour local news channel and  WPIX 11.3 This TV.
Any chance these channels can be added to FiOS in the Northern NJ and NYC area VHOs?

vztech

finish wiring the state

by vztech on ‎12-01-2011 07:10 PM - last edited on ‎12-01-2011 07:23 PM by Moderator

This may sound silly ,but why not install Fios in towns that do not have it yet!!!

Friends and family constantly ask when they can get it,and all I can tell them is I hope someday

these towns already have verizon copper telephone service and only 1 town away is one of the first

towns in the state to be wired.

So to whomever may read this please pass it up the line   Ringwood Needs Fios!!!!!!

BluePoet

GameHD channels

by BluePoet on ‎10-05-2011 08:24 AM

I saw that this year, inDemand (the broadcaster of MLB Extra Innings/NHL Center Ice) is offering seven GameHD channels, but FiOS will only be carrying two of them.  As a subscriber to the Ultimate HD package as well as the Center Ice package, I am very disappointed that Verizon seems not to care about providing its inDemand customers all of the available HD channels.  Please rectify this situation or I may look for a provider that does provide these channels.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Idea Statuses

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools