Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
Enter New Idea

I cant believe nobody  is raising heck with ONDEMAND, EVERY MLB,NHL,and NBA game should be televised in HIGH DEFINITION! I would of thought by now everything would in HD!.  IF DIRECTV can do this so should on demand all the telcos and cable companies should insist on it!.

Each month more of their events are available in HD

I am a believer in Tivo, The box doesn't fail every 2 months in fact I am going on 3 years without failure. What I take issue with is the monthly charge by Verizon for the M Card multiplied by the #s of Tivos one might have in their home! I currently have two and ready to add a third unit @$4.99 monthly. I own my own M cards but Verizon will not allow me to use them because I own them, they said the cards are not part of their system, I reminded them the tivo isn't either!, so I asked where can I buy one of your M Cards and was told we only rent them! How about letting us use our m cards and when we disconnect our service have the system  automatically cancel access to those cards that were authorized! $5.00 monthly X 3 is $15.00 X 12 months, That's $180.00 a year for something that can be bought for $5 to $40.00 dollars.. WHAT A RIP!!

How about pay for the first one one and any others are no charge!

How about activate our card and charge $5.00 each to activate them!

But this $5.00 a month per card is extortion because we don't use your tuner is wrong, and if your tuner was reliable we wouldn't be going elsewhere to get a decent tuner! My contract is over in October and between the customer service and the nickel and dimeing me to death I don't know what I am going to do but Verizon is not earning my business at the moment!

I am so annoyed with the way Verizon Fios search for a show works.  Even though a show my be coming on TV soon when trying to search it the response that comes back is for another PAY option with Verizon FLEX view.  Comcast and Dish network search options work the way they should work but Verizon FIOS is horrible.  At this point I am looking forward to my contract expiration date so I can get rid of this FIOS.  I don't like having to pay more money for something that should be included.

I received an email in the email client on the myVerizon page. The email contains a phone number that I want to copy and paste into a document. I don't want to add it to my contacts, just copy and paste it. When I try to highlight the phone number in the email, I get a hover over popup with a link to "Add to Contacts". By itself, that's not a bad thing. However, the popup is sitting directly over the information that I want to highlight and you can't get it to go away. If I move the mouse it pops right back up.

I finally gave up and typed it into my document.

This may not be the biggest issue ever for Verizon (or any other ISP), but it's one of those annoying little things that can put you over the top on a bad day. I don't need any help going there. :smileywink:

Thank you for letting me vent. I feel much better now.

Steve.

Cdkid

New Channel Luneup

by Cdkid on ‎05-23-2012 01:09 AM
Consider adding the Black Heritage Network. The network is currently in development and will be based n he Washington DC area.

Using the existing call feature, I would like to block all calls with unidentified caller ids.  Unfortunately, I have a number of relatives who have blocked the transmission of their caller ids for privacy reasons.  I would like to be able to enter their numbers as calls I would allow even though I have the unidentified caller id feature activated. 

As other posts have pointed out, individually blocking 10 digit numbers is useless for stopping spam type calls.  I think the reverse situation where all but allowed numbers with unidentified caller ids are blocked would be useful.

Unfortunately, it's not technically possible to allow some 'unknown' calls through since the callerID is not coming through to our equipment. Perhaps those callers can unblock their callerID when they call you?
woodman3

Replace CW Baltimore

by woodman3 on ‎02-08-2013 10:54 AM

Please consider dropping the CW Baltimore station and replacing it with CW Washington DC. The Baltimore station continually pre-empts the network shows with Basketball games. I recorded "Supernatural" shown at a later date and half of the program was missing.

Thanks for the suggestion. Don't you hate it when the schedule gets mixed up? I will pass on your comment to the appropriate team.
HardSalsa

Please Add Winamp Shoutcast Radio Widget

by HardSalsa on ‎07-04-2013 07:03 AM

Verizon should add the Winamp Player widget to play the MP3s Uploaded in the library. The Winamp Player also has over 50K radio stations way better than Pandora. Many radio stations play thousands of songs not available on Pandora. Pandora is great but it plays too many  mainstream artist. Shoutcast has lots of underground artists in all genres.

In addition, the Winamp player also plays MP4 videos.

Would be cool to have this widget on Fios TV.

I don't curretnly know of any plans to add this, but I will pass on your request. Thanks for posting.
Condorr

Gonna dig a trench through my yard?

by Condorr on ‎12-13-2012 03:05 PM

First of all, if there's any chance you need to dig, which in itself means you are going to send a surveyer out to my house before installation, I think you should be making that clear during the process of making the installation appointment. I was not happy to find a bunch of flags in my yard, one of them only a foot from my basement window, and a letter on my doorstep that looks more like an invitation to a timeshare presentation than anything I should care about. If it wasn't in a Verizon bag, it would have gone in the trash without being read. There's a sleazy vibe there. I was really surpised when I gound that it was legit, that Verizon was in fact behind this.

After getting the unofficial scoop from the receptionist at "Advanced Utilities Construction Company LLC", whoever that is, I called Verizon to get the real information, only THEN to be informed that my target installation date, a vacation day now 8 days away, has "been delayed". And I should be expecting a call from the Verizon engineering department to schedule a time to come dig up my yard. You know, that phone call should have happened by now. I shouldn't be having to call YOU to find out the details behind a crummy form letter left on my doorstep by your lackeys. Now it seems I'm going to have to schedule another appointment BEFORE the installation - again, a little heads up during the online signup process would be easy, and the right thing to do.

I am excited to try out your services, they sound great, and I've been looking for an excuse togive Comcast the boot. But this is a horrible start - if this is how communication and service is handled by Verizon, I think I'm making a mistake. If the quality of my installation experience doesn't ramp up to acceptable levels pretty quickly, you're going to lose a customer before you even get me. And under the circumstances, I should have been a very easy sell.

gzarwell

ID when looged in!

by gzarwell on ‎01-07-2013 08:11 AM

It seems that I continually receiveFIOS advertising after moe than 4 years being a pioneer in the Bowie, MD market. Not: I get system notices when their a battry reload, or sometimes I get messages with downtime, and other times I get messages selling me on a price at half what I'm paying, but never offers me a reduction in my rate. There is no reson to sell me on your system, especially when it is annoucnement to raise my rates. However, ir your system can ID a probelm reaching my router box with emergency notices, and can tell me when my battery should fail, plus reminders to replace batteries and settings remotely; perhaps, just perhaps, you can tell your techies to make sure I don't get messages for new subscribers, or sales pitches with competing pricing for new subcribers with half pricing for two years than what I am paying after more then four years. Your system should either tell me something to reduce my cost of your service or send rewards for being a loyal customer who waited 6+ years for you to opticize our complex with fiber optics. I like the system very well after the kid sold me on the 1430.1580, and 1640 capability and even introduced it's concept in Moscow (Soviet Union) in 1990 when speaker as CEO of SofTool USSR "90, a software application Conference, no in it's 24th year this next October. I was aslo one of the first to have a Motorola - Bendx brick before you even had cell service. Yet, Bob Williams told me before your Bell Atlantic became Verizon, I would receive a commission on your securing a DoD contract after I demoed it in 1984 in the Pentagon. So, it is important that you research your capability to select messages for newbies and subscribers unles you are offering something I don't have with your costly service pack.

CASH is exceptable or perhaps a chair on the board.

Gene

Oh! While flying from NY to IN in 1984 with General Thompson, commander of the Army Materiel Command, in an Army aircraft; I phoned my wife with my "Brick" and not to be outdone, General Thompson asked me if he call call his wife - Yes - then he asked how much it would cost. I told him I had no idea, but when the multiple bills came from every tower we over-flew, I told him to pay the ones he thought were located on our route. Note: When Sprint bought Nextel; they offered dual-channel phones for International, and I spected-out that phone buildt by Nokia. I also, after introduction to their service experienced their miscalculation of the International market after Soviet breakup. I received a bill for my international use of $8,000 with 20 cent per minute program. THey failed to ID CIS break up on their contract. but negelected to pass-through that Billion resolve after I agreed not to take them to court.

Thank you for your post. Could you be more specific? Is your idea that you not receive advertising for services you already have?
markmad

new local weather info source

by markmad on ‎09-12-2013 12:54 PM

We are in the Verizon North Jersey area, even tho we live in Toms River, which is Central Jersey or even Northern South Jersey. Our weather channel has information coming out of Newark, which is 60 miles away!!!!! When we lived in Jackson and had Cablevision, our weather came from Lakehurst, which was 5 miles from us. Now we still live 5 miles from Lakehurst (in the opposite direction) and our weather in NOT local, it comes from 60 miles away. Makes a BIG difference!!!

Ylinen

Lower Pricing for Cablecard Users

by Ylinen on ‎10-07-2010 06:46 PM

I was a cablecard user when my Windows Media Center with ATI Digitial Tuners worked.  Hopefully when I get my Ceton card;  I will get back to it. 

One thing that I think would be fair is that for Cablecard users the price for HD Packages should be less.  We can not use VOD so we are not getting the benefit of that service.  We should not be charged the same as users that have FIOS STBs because we are not getting all the services.

We will improve 3rd party device access to all FiOS TV content.
Mysticinva50

Emailing the Customer

by Mysticinva50 on ‎12-27-2012 07:34 PM

Here is an Idea that you might want to consider....

Before you email a customer with a service alert...why dont you check to see if they even have that service.

Apparently the Battery in the Back Up Unit for Fios Digital Voice at my location needs to be replaced...

well ya know what ..I DONT CARE...I dont have FiOS Digital Voice...I dont have Voice AT ALL...and I dont care....in fact...I am taking the battery OUT...so there...now what are you going to do....?

Clearly someone within the customer management area has no idea or is too lazy to cross reference the location against the phone records to see if the location has a phone service....but wait..lets just get the customer to buy a new battery....(Not sure why the battery should die either as it has never had to go onto Standby or ever be used....as...surprise surprise...I DONT HAVE A PHONE)

Anonymous53

Offensive material

by Anonymous53 on ‎12-15-2012 12:22 PM

I would like to order the Rolling Stones concert on PPV. BUT -- I would like to click on the link to do so, which was provided in an email to me from Verizon Services, WITHOUT reaching a list of PPV titles that start with the adult section. Is it possible to ensure that the list always starts with "Sports" rather than "Adult," by default? I am an irreverent person, but the adult titles are way too crude for my tastes, and this issue will prevent me from considering PPV in the future.

Hinson

3D Help for New Users

by Hinson on ‎07-02-2012 10:16 AM

Problem:

VOD/Collections/HD 3D Movies

On this screen, most of the twelve movie trailers are broadcast in 2D. 

I'm sure that like me, many of your subscribers have spent hours on the phone with your technicans (who have no clue) or their TV tech. trying to figure out why the trailers in the "3D Movies" collection don't look right.

My suggestion: either start broadcasting ALL of the trailers in 3D (best) or at least place a disclaimer at the top of the "HD 3D Movies" screen notifying them that while the trailers are not broadcast in 3D the movies will.

I've spent way more hours than necessary trying to figure out why I couldn't get my 3D to work on all movies.  Needless to say, I didn't want to rent an $8 movie if it wasn't going to be in 3D.  Your techs couldn't help and I finally figured it out myself by renting a movie.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Idea Statuses

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools