• BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
Enter New Idea
dclendan

FIOS Quantum DVR TV menus

by dclendan on ‎08-19-2014 08:20 PM

Please reverse engineer Directv's DVR menu system. it is clear and concise. With the directv dvr I can easily record from the search menu. Also, I can go to a show in progress and record it from the begnning via an on demand link to that show on the 'info' menu. With FIOS I waste so much time looking for shows.

Finally, please clean up the dvr recorded items list and make it alphabetical. Folders are also nice for series recordings.

cj_

WEATHER WARNINGS

by cj_ on ‎09-03-2012 07:23 AM - last edited on ‎09-08-2012 02:58 PM by Moderator

New Castle County, primarily Newark, Wilmington and New Castle, are not being serviced appropriately with Fios' Weatherscan channels 49 and 119.  Philly is over 50 miles away and these channels are not keyed to report WARNINGS for New Castle County. These channels warn for Philly and the surrounding counties.  How can we, in Delaware, get better service from FIOS Weather Channels.  My house in Newark is being flooded by a FLASH FLOOD as I write and there is nothing I can do about it.  There was no warning via FIOS today 9.2.2012.  Doesn't FIOS have a responsibility to give the communities it sells its product to an appropriate representation for warnings, etc?

UnnDunn

Football Alerts need to be faster...

by on ‎10-24-2010 11:21 AM

Right now, Football alerts are coming in about 1 minute after the situation they are alerting. That means on a goal-to-go opportunity, the play is often over before the alert comes in, so there's no chance to switch to RedZone to catch the scoring opportunity.

If there's any way to speed up the alerts, it would be great. Right now, it's faster for me simply to bring up NFL.com on my computer and glance at it every few seconds.

StevenL

Phone follies

by StevenL on ‎01-24-2012 03:02 PM

Too Big to Think dep't. ---

How about VERIZON gives equal rights and direct contact to landline customers, and allows us to e-mail re service disruptions, etc...no snail-mailing for a PIN....especially when we have no Verizon phone to discuss the problem.

How about they perk up and get to work when a problem they thought was fixed - isn't (after two months of no dial tone, I had a working phone for a week and a half; and now I'm back again in the - priority? - line) ...

How about they try harder to keep their clients instead of telling us what THEY do or don't do.

VERIZON is a dirty word in NYC, and its representatives get the brunt of our anger. That's not right.

If VERIZON didn't own those landlines, I'd have gone with someone else by now, but it looks like all roads lead to VERIZON's copper wires..

BTW, a landline is the best thing you can have in a blackout, or a 9/11, to answer that question.

Daigor

More Emphasis on Fios Chinese: Cantonese, TVBe

by Daigor on ‎12-27-2011 03:54 PM

Hello Verizon,

I would like to make a suggestion an address the Chinese community regarding the international package. (Fios Chinese: Cantonese, TVBe). The monthly price for this one premium channel is $16.99 which I feel is outrageous considering that the majority of the other international packages come with at least 2 channels. Ex. Chinese (Mandarin) or Filipino. Some of the other international channels feature 2 or more channels and cost less than $16.99/month.

I also would like to mention that this single premium channel is not featured in HD. Charging customers for a single non HD program for $16.99/month is taken advantage of the large diverse Asian community who solely rely on this single channel as a form of entertainment.

My suggestion to Verizon is please add more channels to this package or lower the cost to justify having just one channel in the lineup. Thank you.

Hinson

3D Help for New Users

by Hinson on ‎07-02-2012 10:16 AM

Problem:

VOD/Collections/HD 3D Movies

On this screen, most of the twelve movie trailers are broadcast in 2D. 

I'm sure that like me, many of your subscribers have spent hours on the phone with your technicans (who have no clue) or their TV tech. trying to figure out why the trailers in the "3D Movies" collection don't look right.

My suggestion: either start broadcasting ALL of the trailers in 3D (best) or at least place a disclaimer at the top of the "HD 3D Movies" screen notifying them that while the trailers are not broadcast in 3D the movies will.

I've spent way more hours than necessary trying to figure out why I couldn't get my 3D to work on all movies.  Needless to say, I didn't want to rent an $8 movie if it wasn't going to be in 3D.  Your techs couldn't help and I finally figured it out myself by renting a movie.

IlliniJim

How about fixing the "Rich Text"?

by IlliniJim on ‎01-17-2013 03:42 PM - last edited on ‎01-19-2013 05:33 PM by Moderator

As you can see, the "Rich Text" is working. (for now)

Sadly, this is occuring only about a third of the time.

When we take the time to type out our ideas using sentences and paragraphs, we'd like to see it posted that way.

Most of the time when I click on "Rich Text" , the page that I'm on, simply reopens and still, the "Rich Text" doesn't work.

To get it to work this time, I had to start a new thread.

Thank you

Apologies for the intermittent "Rich Text" feature. We will look into this.
eeke1999

Ordering

by eeke1999 on ‎08-21-2011 08:20 AM

I think you should attempt to add more states. I just moved from Florida to Alabama, and the only provider for cable and internet is Charter. Having to use Charter now makes me miss Verizon Fios even more! Your programs are excellent, the customer service for Verizon is better than any other, and the prices are better, considering the higher quality services. So please come to Alabama! Specifically Tuscaloosa!

gzarwell

ID when looged in!

by gzarwell on ‎01-07-2013 08:11 AM

It seems that I continually receiveFIOS advertising after moe than 4 years being a pioneer in the Bowie, MD market. Not: I get system notices when their a battry reload, or sometimes I get messages with downtime, and other times I get messages selling me on a price at half what I'm paying, but never offers me a reduction in my rate. There is no reson to sell me on your system, especially when it is annoucnement to raise my rates. However, ir your system can ID a probelm reaching my router box with emergency notices, and can tell me when my battery should fail, plus reminders to replace batteries and settings remotely; perhaps, just perhaps, you can tell your techies to make sure I don't get messages for new subscribers, or sales pitches with competing pricing for new subcribers with half pricing for two years than what I am paying after more then four years. Your system should either tell me something to reduce my cost of your service or send rewards for being a loyal customer who waited 6+ years for you to opticize our complex with fiber optics. I like the system very well after the kid sold me on the 1430.1580, and 1640 capability and even introduced it's concept in Moscow (Soviet Union) in 1990 when speaker as CEO of SofTool USSR "90, a software application Conference, no in it's 24th year this next October. I was aslo one of the first to have a Motorola - Bendx brick before you even had cell service. Yet, Bob Williams told me before your Bell Atlantic became Verizon, I would receive a commission on your securing a DoD contract after I demoed it in 1984 in the Pentagon. So, it is important that you research your capability to select messages for newbies and subscribers unles you are offering something I don't have with your costly service pack.

CASH is exceptable or perhaps a chair on the board.

Gene

Oh! While flying from NY to IN in 1984 with General Thompson, commander of the Army Materiel Command, in an Army aircraft; I phoned my wife with my "Brick" and not to be outdone, General Thompson asked me if he call call his wife - Yes - then he asked how much it would cost. I told him I had no idea, but when the multiple bills came from every tower we over-flew, I told him to pay the ones he thought were located on our route. Note: When Sprint bought Nextel; they offered dual-channel phones for International, and I spected-out that phone buildt by Nokia. I also, after introduction to their service experienced their miscalculation of the International market after Soviet breakup. I received a bill for my international use of $8,000 with 20 cent per minute program. THey failed to ID CIS break up on their contract. but negelected to pass-through that Billion resolve after I agreed not to take them to court.

Thank you for your post. Could you be more specific? Is your idea that you not receive advertising for services you already have?
CheleB

Parental Locks

by CheleB on ‎01-18-2011 08:44 AM

1.  I would love to be able setup time blocks where my children are not allowed to watch TV and get their homework done or go to bed without me always ending up as the bad guy.

2. Also, the ability to lock programs or channels is great, but it is annoying when I have to unlock a channel every time I move off the channel and return later during the same viewing session.  I have turned off the global lock at times but forget to turn it back on and then my children have free access to shows that are not permitted in our home when they get on.  

• It would be nice to have the lock reset when the box is turned off and then back on
  • I'd like to see an unlock option that allows a time limit (end of show, 2hr, 4hr, etc) for the show, the channel or all parental controls.

Item #1 is in progress and will be delivered in IMG 1.9 (next version of the guide software). In a subsequent release we are working to address the problem you outlined in #2.

PLEASE revise your website so that people who ONLY want to PAY THEIR BILLS can do so.  I dread having to go to your website because it takes me a minimum of 25 minutes to get to the site which allows me to pay my bill. Every month there is a different excuse. Last month there were problems due to Storm Sandy, even though I am no where near the NYC/NJ area.  What is the excuse this month?  What was the excuse in September or August?

I pay all of bills online, but I only have problems with the Verizon website.  On Monday, December 10, it took me 12 attempts to log in.  Every time I would put in my user name, the page would flip back to the beginning, and I would have to enter it again.  I couldn't even enter my password.  I even tried different ways to enter the page. 

You have too much "stuff" on your pages.  I just want to pay my bill. I didn't care about the latest celebrity or the news of the world.  I don't need you advertising your products to me. I'm already a customer.  It's pure and simple.  One link where you can enter your user name and password.  I'm not seeking to enter Verizon e-mail, I don't want or use your e-mail accounts.

Even writing this letter took me several extra minutes as your system sent me to several different websites and then I needed to enter my account number which I don't carry with me.  When I attempted to send the message, it wouldn't accept certain characters.  I removed everything I could think of, and it still provided me with the same error message.

Why does Verizon have to make everything so difficult?  I received a telephone voice mail message from your Customer Service area on Tuesday, but I couldn't respond, because I was at work.  If you would like me to return your call, please leave a telephone number, not "press 1 if you were calling about your telephone number" or "press two if..."  I can't press messages left on an answering machine! 

You have technology, why can't you use it?  Designing a simple website that WORKS the first time you enter information doesn't take a genius.

sdortone

TV Guide UI

by sdortone on ‎08-26-2013 01:29 PM - last edited on ‎08-30-2013 06:48 PM by Moderator

Please update/upgrade the UI of the TV boxes.  Both the HD and SD boxed are dismal at best.  The UI is slow, clunky and fustrating to use.  When I switched from Comcast, I knew I was getting better customer service and sacrificing the UI of the boxes, but I didn't anticipate it to be this slow.  I own a Roku box which has a slower UI and response than a lot of other services, but it is a dream to use over the FiOS boxes.  The boxes are also a couple generations old compared to the competition.  I don't know if the sluggishness is just the UI, the boxes or both but something needs to be done.

Even the basic cable boxes for a SD tv connection is painfully slow.  Unless you know the channels by heart or look them up, it is very unpleasant to channel surf.  Also a few suggestions for the basic cable boxes.  Please add the ability to block channels that you do not get so when you are surfing, you don't have to see the channels that are not part of the subscription.  Please add the channel name with the number on the screen instead of the FiOS moniker, we know that we have FiOS but would rather see which channel we are looking at.

chuckda4th

Voice control of iPhone remote app

by chuckda4th on ‎04-04-2012 11:19 AM - last edited on ‎06-21-2012 06:04 PM by Moderator

The iPhone remote app is nice, but it really lacks the tactile feedback of a normal remote, which is annoying.  Even better than being able to feel the buttons you're hovering over would be to be able to hit a button, and simply say "put on Food Network".

The iPhone 4s now has the voice keyboard built in, so this wouldn't need to be much of an extension of that.

dslr595148

Add the ability to remove Verizon WiFi Account

by MVP dslr595148 MVP on ‎11-27-2010 10:52 AM - last edited on ‎12-03-2010 10:50 AM by Admin Emeritus

If an user latter on decides to change their mind, currently there is no way to cancel ( As need be, see sample screen shot provided to me by prisaz )

Please allow users to remove their Verizon WiFi Account.

Thanks.

RobertOrlando

Get your Information straight

by RobertOrlando on ‎10-25-2013 09:47 AM

I recently purchased and installed (according to your onscreen instructions an external eSATA Hard Drive for my DVR.

The drive (WDBABT0010HBK-NESN) is one recommended on the Verizon web site. It did not work. DVR did not recognize the external drive. Went back to Verizon support - no help there. Called for telephone support - spent about an hour on the phone - no help there. I was preparing to return the eSATA drive thinking it was defective (suggested during the phone support session), but before doing so, I went to the Western Digital site and there got the CORRECT installation instructions.  Now the drive and DVR work together, no thanks to Verizon's sketchy and incomplete instructions. 

Thank you RobertOrlando for your post, and I am sorry to hear about your difficulty. I will work internally to try to get this resolved for other users. Please let me know if there is anything else we can help with.
Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Idea Statuses

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools