Customers With Disabilities
Enter New Idea
asjjmey

PBS via WMPT

by asjjmey on ‎06-24-2013 01:02 PM - last edited on ‎06-24-2013 02:16 PM by Moderator

Please give the Verizon Fios families the ability to subscribe to PBS station WMPT from Maryland.  We are only 50 miles away from Maryland.  WITF in Harrisburg is terrible.  Programming is limited.  I would pay extra to have the ability to have WMPT's Afternoon Tea and all the British comedies that are on Saturday night.  What really agravates me that at 7:00 p.m. Sesame Street is on.  This is adult time.  Children's programming should be on in the morning, not when adults are home after work.

BillSM

FiOS stores LA area

by BillSM on ‎04-30-2013 02:14 PM - last edited on ‎05-03-2013 04:23 PM by Moderator

I have just returned a set-top box to the FiOS store in San Fernando, California, which is 21 miles from my Santa Monica home. I was in and out in five minutes; service personnel were friendly and helpful.

I notice from maps of FiOS users in Southern California that there are many customers in the West Side area, yet there are no nearby FiOS stores.

Has Verizon given any consideration to opening a FiOS store closer to my home? FiOS TV has been available for several years here.

{edited for privacy}

Thanks so much for the suggestion. Great to hear your experience was pleasant at the San Fernando FiOS store. Your idea will be passed on the the appropriate team. Keep the ideas coming!
Mugen

Add 3 min to Skip Button options

by Mugen on ‎07-31-2010 06:02 AM

Currently, we can program Skip button to skip 30 secs, 1 min or 5 mins. Most commericals periods are 3 mins so I suggest adding 3 min to that option list. This should be an easy change for Verizon and very helpful to customers who want to skip the commericals.

KazakhTV

Launch Kazakh TV channel

by KazakhTV on ‎04-07-2013 09:36 PM

Hello,

We think to launch Kazakh TV on Verison platforms is very good idea.  :heart:

Cause KAZAKH TV is the first national satellite television channel of Republic of Kazakhstan – formerly known as Caspionet for over 10 years. Kazakh TV is the informative and educational TV channel broadcasts about KAZAKHSTAN and CENTRAL ASIA all over the WORLD.  

Kazakh TV provides viewers the latest news about political, economic, cultural and scientific life of Kazakhstan and Central Asia in Kazakh, Russian and English languages.  

Kazakh TV always provides fresh and actual information about Kazakhstan, Central Asia and events in the world that will be useful and interesting to audience of all ages and professions. Businessmen and politicians will be certainly interested in  programs about political and economic life of country and neighbor states. Travelers will pay attention to TV-programs about unique nature and animal world of Kazakhstan. An extensive choice of programs for any taste will not leave subscribers indifferent.

Thank you for your suggestion. I will past your request on to the TV Programming team.

atennisguy

Access to DVR on Verizon.net Home page

by atennisguy on ‎06-14-2012 07:37 AM

I am very unhappy that Verizon limits my family's sub accounts to less features than I can have on my primary accounts home page. When I sign into my page I can see on the home page the recorded list, scheduled list and can manage the DVR from that little window. When my family uses their home page they do not have access to this home page feature. I am told that Secondary accounts can not have access to this. They would have to sign in using my primary name and password. This is a feature of DVR access that is supposed to be part of the remote DVR access that I am paying for. The tech people tell me that the family should just sign in using my access which is not only stupid since they would now not be signed into their email access, but I may not want the family  to have access to my mail and the kids may not want me to get into theirs. I am very unhappy that they cannot have the full access that I am paying for. Comcast does not limit the accounts to some features in any way. I only switched because of the price and now I find that my family can not have full access to what we are paying for. In addition I was told that this is a secuity feature policy that Verizon has in place so secondary accounts that I authorize cannot make changes. I suppose if they have access to our DVR it is a matter for homeland security to address, right?

StevenSub

Remote Pager for When I Loose It

by StevenSub on ‎02-08-2013 07:37 AM

On your next remodel of remote, include a buzzer that is hooked up to the DVR so that when I inevitably loose it I can have an easy way to find it.  I can call my phone from another one, portable home phones have this, and cars have lojack (I tend to loose my things often) so the technology exists.  How awesome would it be if someone finally put them together!  :smileyvery-happy:

You too! :smileyvery-happy:  You would think I could stop losing my remotes. I usually find them in or around the couch. But I have been known to take them to rooms without a tv. The feature would be cool. I will pass this on - Remote Control "Pager."

Keep tossing the ideas our way!

Swantz

Homepage

by Swantz on ‎02-08-2013 07:00 AM

The main article on your homepage is about a "Shooter".  This is old news. The Story developed over

a week ago and your homepage is showing it as if it happened last evening. I want to keep Verizon

for my homepage but I want it to be filled with current news. Put less of the entertainment news!

Your comment has been noted. I will notify the appropriate team.

Which is the ability to see a complete channel listing with a check unchecked box in front of it. And you just unchecked all the channels you never want to watch and you never see them again when flipping channels. The suggestion was to put all you channels you want to watch in favorites which takes 20 times longer and is lost every time the power goes out. Which is way to often in Florida so not a good suggestion at all.

Awe-Inspiring-1

Remote Control Unit Problems

by Awe-Inspiring-1 on ‎11-20-2011 10:17 AM

Verizon should have a listing of all TV Systems and other products by Product Code and Manufacturer that will not operate with Verizon Remote Control Units.  The list should include work arounds or solutions.  Also if Verizon is working on providing solutions and an estimated tiem when that might happen.

When I trid to set up my NEW Haier 24" Class 1080 60Hz HDTV Product Code L24B1180 I was able to get the on / off to work but I cound not get any control over the sound.  This was also true when I switched to a different Verizon Remote.

At one time the set turned off when I trid to use the sound control on the Remote.

Here is a on line chat that I had on the subjet with Verizon....

A Verizon Service Representative will be with you shortly. Thank you. Agent ......  has joined.

: Chat ID for this session is 11201139790.

(00:34:45): My problem is that I can turn on and off my TV with the Verizon remote but I can not control the sound.

(00:35:20): you will need to re program the remote

(00:35:30): To program the TV code: 

(00:40:38): Code 1061 dose not work. I have a New Haier 24 inc 1080 TV and none of your codes work. I can get it to work with the TV power but that is it.

(00:41:53): in that case we will have to replace the remote

(00:43:00): Did that. I tried two button and four button Verizon remotes and none of them work.

(00:43:55): is this the first time with the issue?

(00:46:00): No. Verizon sent an identical verizon 2 button remote and that also failed. The Verizon box is new – it’s for HD.

(00:46:40): did it worked before?

(00:47:37): Never with the new Haier TV, only with others.

(00:48:02): in that case its a tv issue

(00:48:22): its not compatible

(00:50:05): I get that. Verizon is not keeping up with the latest technology. It’s not the TV it is Verizon. My Haier Remote works.  Maybe Verizon should send a Harmony Remote?

(00:50:45): im sorry for that

(00:50:50): is there anything else i can do for you?

(00:52:24): Can I program the AUX with the Verizon box to control the sound? No I do not have an AUX sound unit.

(00:53:59): ???

(00:54:04): is there anything else i can do for you?

(00:55:10): Send it up to one of your technical staff please.

(00:55:20): ok

(00:55:25): is there anything else i can do for you?

(00:56:28): You may have them respond to us at …..

(00:56:48): sure

The Fox TV over the air affiliate in Philadelphia, WTXF has recently added two digital sub-channels, 29.2 Movies!  and 29.3 Mundo Movies. Will these be added to the Philly FiOS lineup?

I know that it is added to the Dallas / Ft. Worth lineup.

Thanks for checking this out.

Thanks for the idea. The FiOS TV Programming will be made aware of your interest in these channels.

The new menu tabs on the DVR manager Android app are great.

They would be much more one-handed, thumb friendly though, if the tabs were located at the bottom of the screen as opposed to the top.

that's really good feedback... muchas gracias.
muggs1960

Verizon Websites improvement Ideas

by muggs1960 on ‎01-20-2011 09:05 AM

First of all, you have far too many points of access on the internet.  It gets totally confusing with so many different websites to access account information and having to have so many different login IDs.  Centralize it and have a single signon USERID and password and one point of access ONLY for customers.

Also.the Verizon webmail page times out FAR TOO QUICKLY!!  Make the time out and option!  I sit here at my desk all day and have to constantly login to check my email.  Let the user decide on the timeout similar to the windows settings.

muggs, we are always looking to improve the web experience.

You My Verizon account should be your signon to everything now.

We'll pass your email time out suggestion on.

Thanks!

As a long time customer of Verizon in phone, internet, cell, and recently TV...I think it's important that Verizon pick up as many channels/line ups as possible.  I live 30 minutes from San Diego County but Verizon does not air San Diego sports unless a Los Angeles channel airs them or if a major station like ESPN or CBSSports puts them on.  it would be great for Verizon Fios to carry BOTH LA and SD sport markets; especially when the Inland Empire and Orange County areas are viable communities that thrive for both LA and SD Sports.

If you weren't aware, a new sport channel was created called FOXSportsSD. FOXSportsSD is now the flag station for The San Diego Padres, possibley the SDSU Aztecs, The USD Toreros, and they might also televise San Diego Chargers, Clippers, and Ducks games.  Unfortunately Verizon does not carry this channel, but Cox Cable and Direct TV do.

If Verizon wanted to pick up their "sport" value, then I recommend FoxSportsSD.  This is a great channel that would bring more customers to Verizon Fios; especially in the Inland Empire and Orange County markets that enjoy both major sports markets of Los Angeles and San Diego.

On a final note...after calling VerizonFios, the person over the phone stated that due to possible "legalities/rights" our community could only get LA channels/feeds because we live in the "Los Angeles Market."  If that is the case....why can VerizonFios carry BYU, BigTen Network, WGN, TBS, FoxCollegeSports (Atlantic, Central, Pacific, Central) channels in an "Los Angeles Market," but they can't carry FoxSportsSD Channel?

knighthawk111

Add forums

by knighthawk111 on ‎12-02-2011 02:23 PM

How about adding a news/current events and/or a political forum? This is the ONE thing I miss from Comcast.  Your customers have much broader interests and discussion desires than "all things Verizon"!

I think it would be good to have installers check that all features and functions work on new installs, and the customer signs off on it.  My installer was quick to finish and run out the door, granted the ONT was already there, but then I had issues with the remote DVR, along with other things that would of been caught during the initial install, causing over a months worth of time with tech support and escalating cases to get everything working.

I think taking the extra time will help avoid many of the support calls, instead of having techs concerned about doing the job quickly to only have extra time to sit around before going to another customer.

We are enhancing software that automatically tests all these features before the installer leaves... today it checks live TV, On Demand, Internet speeds... other than remote DVR app... what else did you have issues with...
Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Idea Statuses

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools