• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Enter New Idea
geo1

comcast Sports Philadelphia

by geo1 on ‎05-24-2011 12:32 PM

Is there any chance to add Comcast Sports Philadelphia to the FL Fios line-up?:smileyvery-happy:

I see it is available in some areas on Ch. 82 & 582 HD

Those channels are blank for me.

Thanks!

Generally regional sports channels have to stay in their region... all sorts of content rights issues.
hot2bfree

Improved customer service

by hot2bfree on ‎05-24-2011 10:12 AM

I realize that Verizon Fios TV is new in this area, but I believe that if Verizon wants to keep customers and gain more then you are going to have to improve your ability to deliver customer satisfaction more quickly.  First off, you are a telephone company (why does it take so long to get a live person on the line?  2nd, You have several Verizon stores in the area, and yet I can't pick up a cable box at the store closest to my house?  3rd,  In an attempt to save your company some trouble, I call because a Fios Cable wire is hanging down in the street which could cause serious injury and a subsequent lawsuit and you do not send a repair man for an entire day because your nearest service tech is 60 miles away in San Bernardino.  Finally, I call customer support regarding a new cable box because mine is defective, I'm told it will be 5 business days before a new one can be sent...  I haven't received it, I'm told when I call back that it was sent on the 12th but apparently was dropped out of the system (I know I ordered it before that time as that isn't even two weeks and I ordered before my son's birthday which was on the 10th).  This is not the way to run a business.  It's not like you have a monopoly in the area  I can go on and offer suggestions and I have been a loyal Verizon customer both residential and wireless for many years, but the bottom line is that if Verizon wants to compete in this market, you had better improve your customer service, because that is the direct line to the consumer.  Also why don't you have an email that directly addresses this kind of issue instead of airing your "dirty laundry" in a forum?  You have my contact information please feel free to contact me should you require additional information.

There are 2 Starz multiplex channels that are offered by the network but are not carried by Verizon FIOS -- Starz Cinema and Starz In Black.  I am paying for the Starz package and feel like I should get everything that they offer.  Namely, Starz Cinema by far shows the movies I'm MOST interested in watching -- I'm less interested in the blockbusters in general, but Starz Cinema shows more indie and foreign movies.

Anyway there are lots of things I want to see on there every month but refuse to watch in SD.  Please add these channels to the queue -- it would seem that these should be higher priority than other channels, as I am paying for them as part of a premium package but cannot watch them.

Also there are a couple of missing Showtime multiplex channels that are offered in HD but not carried by Verizon which I feel like I should be entitled to because I am paying for.

fttp4me

Guide autoscrolling

by fttp4me on ‎05-24-2011 06:16 AM

It would be nice to have a feature that can enable autoscrolling on the guide.  Right now, once I bring up any version of the guide, (full, 1/2, or mini) I have to manually press the arrow keys to move.  I would like a feature where I can bring up the guide, and press a button (A, B, C, or D) and the guide will automatically scroll up every 5 seconds. (Similar to the way the scan function works on a car stereo) That way I can slow down the onset of carpal tunnel by having to constantly use the remote :-D

definitely an interesting suggestion... but I see some bigger dragons to slay before working on a feature like this one... of course a ton of votes from the community always speaks volumes.
summersjulie99

Economy Package

by summersjulie99 on ‎05-23-2011 01:43 PM

In today's economic times I inquired with Verizon about an economy pack for my TV services.  I was very willing to lose channels but did not want to go down to only local digital services.  I was told the LaConexion was an economy package.  I was unable to make this change online due to registration issues so I called back, got another agent who told me La Conexion is a spanish speaking package.  Hmmm...I asked for economy and was told a Spanish speaking package.  To me, that indicates only spanish speaking customers can benefit from an economy package which as a customer I find to be prejudicial and discriminatory.  The 2nd agent I spoke to chose her words more carefully and did not call this an economy package.

My suggestion is that in these economic times, your competitors are offering buy outs of contracts + economy packages.  I was offered this.  But because I trust Verizon's internet service which I rely on for my in home job, I will not change.  But I am VERY disappointed that Verizon does not acknowledge the needs of their customers during these economic times and offer an economy TV package with basic cable channels instead of all the bells and whistles.

ericsnagel

Guide: Show in Progress Indicator

by ericsnagel on ‎05-23-2011 11:40 AM

The old guide had a red arrow < when a show in the guide started before the current time (or, the time you're on in the guide, if you're looking in the future). The new guide dropped this

I liked the < because when looking for a movie to watch, I don't want to watch something that started 1/2 hour ago.

So you cannot look at the new guide and see that something started 1/2 hour ago? Or you just don't like that it's different?
stevexbeef

Scrolling in the Channel Guide

by stevexbeef on ‎05-23-2011 11:01 AM

Something that doesn't bother me too much, but has bothered my wife and some of my friends is scrolling through the channels in the channel guide.  When you hit the down arrow on the remote, the channel numbers go up and vice versa.  It should be reversed so that when you scroll up or down, the channel numbers go up or down accordingly.

Isn't that the same thing a spreadsheet does on your computer... hold down arrow and the numbers go up? I don't think I have seen it any other way on just about any system.
Danielle

customer preferences

by Danielle on ‎05-22-2011 08:42 PM

I am interested in suggesting to verizon to become a business practicing the art of offering customers preferrential treatment via technology. My first suggestion is to allow customers to program their televisions with channel line-ups per boxes by their own choices; meaning the customer's preferences are taken into personal consideration on their own television/cable connection. They choose the order instead of searching for their favorite channels.

My second suggestion is to allow more Internet access and activity to follow programming for customers. While online I can see what will be on and when to schedule what I would like to watch.

My third and very important requesting suggestion is for the customer's ability to sensor what their personal preference is as far as appropriate and inappropriate materials in their household. Just as when free television sensored inappropriate language and instead included a more appropriate word expressing similar meaning or sensoring nudity that was deemed inappropriate for audiences although the director and producer did not exclude in programming. This way it is interactive fun set by the customer so television and movies are not offending people and kept appropriate in the views of customers. People should have the say of what isn't appropriate in their own house and the ability to control sensoring of materials being feed into shows will allow this control to be maintained. Please consider these few requests.

Sincerely,

Verizon customer

Multiple ideas... so difficult to address in this forum. First idea of picking your own channels is a duplicate. Online content discovery and scheduling exists (www.verizon.com/fiostvcentral). For your 3rd suggestion we offer robust parental controls to manage what content is accessible... but I don't see tech being employed to modify the actual content itself due to business issues that would generate (i.e. our system cannot modify TV signals)... so we'll give that one a "maybe later" status.
Aceman808

KBS World

by Aceman808 on ‎05-21-2011 10:06 PM

It'd be great if you added KBS World to your lineup, I think DirecTV already has it on theirs.

Thanks.

jjooliver

Free Wifi for Apple Products

by jjooliver on ‎05-21-2011 06:09 PM - last edited on ‎06-17-2011 12:47 PM by Admin Emeritus

I have been with Verizon for at least two years and love the idea that they have free wifi.  The only thing is it is not supporting Mac products.  I am not sure why that is as they should try and cater to their diverse customer market.  Every time the quesiton comes up when this will be made available they have no answer for this question.  It is almost like they are stating that they only care if you are a PC owner.  If there could be some sort of way to get this project brought to the top of the priority list I am sure they will get more customers.  Maybe even have a contest where different computer programs try to make this software so they don't really have to put the time in to make it.  Just ideas, so the ball on this can get rolling.

Hawkman

Consolidate Mobile apps into 1

by on ‎05-21-2011 06:37 AM

Take all the mobile apps and combine them into 1.  I have an iphone and 4 different apps from Verizon

LTrotter

Weather Channel SD local forecasts that are actually local

by LTrotter on ‎05-20-2011 11:36 PM - last edited on ‎06-17-2011 12:25 PM by Admin Emeritus

Many Verizon FiOS customers, myself included, are getting local forecast data for the wrong city on Weather Channel SD and Weatherscan. If you also have this issue, the reason is that Verizon does not have a WeatherStar computer in your area, so TWC SD is giving you info for the nearest city that does have the computer. Please vote here to urge Verizon to place WeatherStar computers in all areas that have FiOS customers.

Please note: This idea is for the STANDARD DEFINITION version of The Weather Channel, NOT for the High Definition channel. I have looked and it seems I am the first to suggest this specific idea, so please do not mark this as "duplicate" without providing a link to the duplicated idea. Thank you.

Have heard you... but this is expensive to get done...
supermomma

Truth in Promises

by supermomma on ‎05-20-2011 02:42 PM

I would love to actually have a transcript of what the rep on the phone is offering in order to have proof of what was discussed and what offers were made. I was convinced a year ago to switch over to Fios from another cable company. My first bill was hundreds over what the rep had promised me. I spent over an hour on the phone being bounced around the country to be repeatedly told that the state the person answering my call was in couldnt handle MAss billing issues. It took an hour of calling and bouncing before I finally got someone who could do something. She made the promisesright. Until we were offered a free 3 months of a premium channel because of waiting over 20 minutes for tech support... Free came in a bill with a high price tag, we were already getting a free promotion and couldnt have more than one,,,, funny we never asked for a free service, just waited on tech support hold line. I take a half an hour to be on hold and to speak to someone about this free service and air my grievances about the lack of standing behind what you say. He says to make it right, for all my suffering and frrustration, he will extend a credit for my 2nd year of service. I get a new bill this month and low and behold, my 2nd year is even higher than expected. I cant wait till my contract is up.... Get a gift card if I recommend FIOS and Verizon to friends.... How can I when all I get is the run around!!!! Cant wait till 2012 so I can cancel!!!!!

We send email that confirms what you ordered / purchased.
0 Votes
SewingMama

new channels

by SewingMama on ‎05-20-2011 02:17 AM - last edited on ‎06-17-2011 12:59 PM by Admin Emeritus

I want to see sewing shows on HGTV or one of the channels there are many sewing shows out there, just waiting to be picked up. Wilth todays economy many are returning to sewing to save money. And many young people because of shows like project

runway are taking up sewing to design their own clothing. I theach sewing and I know there is a  need for these shows to

be aired. If you want to have a list of the shows available just let me know.

Joanne Tressler

Would also suggest dropping a line to HGTV, DIY type channels directly... but I will suggest in my next meeting with those types of folks.
SewingMama

New Email

by SewingMama on ‎05-20-2011 02:08 AM

When you make changes and give customers a choice. Why then do you make the decisions for them.

Yesterday I received an email from Verizon asking if I wanted to switch to the new email. I said no and then was promptly switched to the new email. When I called to asked to be switched back I was told the old verision is no longer available.

I don't understand????

Can you help? Does this make sense to you? It does not to me!

Dear SewingMama, We give you the option to upgrade to the new email for 15 days after you are introduced to the new email system. On day 16, you are upgraded to the new email. The new email application has been available for over 12 months as an option. The new email application, Verizon Message Center, is much more feature rich. We hope you will enjoy it. We appreciate your business.
Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Idea Statuses

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools