• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Enter New Idea
pmpknface

NESN Plus

by pmpknface on ‎04-26-2011 07:20 AM

Hello!  One channel that New England seems to be lacking is NESN Plus, as it's not on regular or HD.  Right now if the Bruins have a playoff game the Red Sox game is moved over to NESN Plus and FiOS doesn't carry that channel!  :smileysad:

I am so tired of having someone bang on my door insistently, ring the bell, bang again...to find out it is someone trying to sell me Verizon. As my user name suggests, I am a URI fan - especially men's hoops. Although I have season tickets, I like to watch the away games on TV or home games if I cannot make it....and of course, I cannot watch locally televised games on Verizon.

I will admit Cox is getting pricey, but when I am ready to change, I will contact Verizon. In the meantime I do not want your agents banging on my door, running to the back to see if I am out in the backyard, doing the same to my neighbors and I do not want those stupid snail mails desz\igned to look like USPS or FedEx priority mail.

Quite honestly, I did price a package with Verizon a couple of years ago and it was no cheaper than Cox...your ads sound good but for someone who wants the complete digital lineup, it was about $5 cheaper - which is simply nor worth it.

Please respect people when they tell you they do not want your product. Allow us our quite time at home at the very least! Your agents tactics are beyond annoying and one day I suspect (if it has not happened already ) someone will call to report an intruder is in their neighbor's backyard.

iluvink

Verizon Web Site

by iluvink on ‎04-24-2011 04:08 PM - last edited on ‎04-26-2011 08:41 AM by Admin Emeritus

Without a doubt, the Verizon web site is one of the most difficult to navigate, especially the forums and blogs.  I left a reply to a positing, and now I have no way to find it.  I realize that the is so much information and features, but really, does it have to require an IT degree to just to browse, and get back to a place that you were before. I wish that I could be specific,  but just overall, the web is just too crowded and convoluted.  Don't get me wrong, I am not web ignorant, but the layout and navigation of a web site can go a long way to making it easier for any user to access.  Please just simplify it.

If you do have any specific feedback on ways we could improve, we would definitely like to hear it.

Hi It would be great if you guys had a bundle that includes Verizon fios internet and verizon 4g or 3g service

When submitting a request vie the online e-mail support portal, I get a confirmation e-mail containing a tracking number.

Currently, the only important part is the tracking number and privacy statement. This is incomplete.

(About 80% of the message contains promotional content about the referral program and perks, which are really off-topic to the support request. Well, if marketing tells you to include this, I am OK with it, but don't leave out the important parts, see below)

IDEA:

The confirmation e-mail should include the entire submitted support request for my records and review.

This way I can re-read it and make sure there are no mistakes or ambiguities.

(Out of habit, I copied and pasted my request to a google doc before submission, but that should not be necessary.)

sa21

Greek International Programming

by sa21 on ‎04-24-2011 06:57 AM

What are the chances that you can add MEGA Comos and ALPHA SAT to your greek lineup.  MEGA is currently on Cablevision and was on Directv, and ALPHA is currently on DISH Network.  A response is greatly appreciated.

Lots of international channels on the way

I'm disappointed that Verizon only allows you to only scan 2x the rate when you are watching Video on Demand content.

It's a different technical problem to solve for On Demand as opposed to VOD

When browsing my list of shows that have been recorded and I come across a show or movie that is currently recording, I would like the option to click on it and be able to go to that channel.  Currently, you can only stop the recording, delete and get information. 

Hello,

I downloaded the WatchESPN app to my iPad and have been spending considerable amount of time trying to link to my Verizon Fios account.   The only option that comes up is Verizion High Speed Internet for and not Fios and therefore  ESPN is telling me that I do not have access to all ESPN content and can only watch ESPN3 because of this on my iPad.  I have  Fios Triple Play and subscribe to ESPN packages.   Seems like others are also having this problem.  What's the deal?

Please understand this is not a good place to get support. I will take a look and see what's up... mine is working.
mandyc1985

Give back by GAS PERKS

by mandyc1985 on ‎04-23-2011 04:10 PM - last edited on ‎04-26-2011 08:39 AM by Admin Emeritus

A lot of places are giving back rewards most are gas perks. If you would give back gas perks to your customers that pay on time you would not only have a lot less unpaid bill but a lot less late bills. You would also attract more customers.

sly1foxy

CSN Sportsnet Channels

by sly1foxy on ‎04-23-2011 11:04 AM

I would like to see all CSN Sportsnet channels available, even at an additional cost, to all regions.  I came to FIOS from Dish Network.  On Dish I subscribed to a Sports+ package that gave me all of the CSN Sportsnet channels throughout the country.  I really miss that option since coming to FIOS.

Thank you.

VZsNumbaOneFan

Make FiOS Mobile Apps More User Friendly

by VZsNumbaOneFan on ‎04-23-2011 09:37 AM - last edited on ‎04-26-2011 09:38 AM by Admin Emeritus

The FiOS Mobile App is amazing but using the mobile remote feature is a pain to use. I'm very tech savvy but this using this feature makes me really frustrated. I'd appreciate it if you guys would remove the whole PIN setup, and remove the widget. There should just be a feature in settings to make your STB viewable to FiOS Mobile Remote's. The STB's are on a closed network, I don't see the need for a PIN. 

Also as far as the names the Mobile Remote App names the boxes I think is implemented wrong. The names the app should give the STB's are the names you gave each STB via FiOS TV Online or when you activated the box. In addition, an option needs to be added (that works correctly) that allows you to choose which STB you want to control. The option is there now but it doesn't work properly -- it only let's you pair with the last STB you paired with, it doesn't give you a list of STB's . 

But I think if you were to redesign FiOS Mobile Remote where you'd simply have a list of all of your STB's named and wouldn't have to worry about PIN's and going to widegets to pair the device with the STB would be A WHOLE LOT easier.

Lastly, for FiOS Mobile Remote i'd like to see it integrated with the FiOS DVR Manager app so you can look at the guide from your mobile device just as you can on the iPad.

Additionally, I'd like to see the FiOS Digital Voice Assistant integrated into the FiOS Mobile App, just as it is on Android. And lastly I'd like to see My Verizon added to FiOS Mobile Apps. Comcast has their account management integrated into their mobile apps, and it's pretty helpful.

One feature that I thought that I'm not sure if it could be implemented into the FiOS Mobile App is Caller ID notifications.iOS (I don't know about Android has onscreen notifications, and as someone calling you a notification could popup. This feature I think isn't too hard to implement as the devices would work the same way the STB's get their Caller ID notifications via Wi-FI but you'd have to add the Digital Voice Server IP into the FiOS Mobile App and add on screen notifications to the iOS device whenever as a call is received.

most ideas in the post are in development now
Ktrain

Enable PIP Picture in Picture Functionality

by Ktrain on ‎04-23-2011 05:47 AM

How long will we have to wait for Verizon FIOS to upgrade their existing clunky oversize "set top" boxes to allow Picture in PIcture (PIP)?  Since we are told the existing set top boxes cannot provide PIP, why not just offer us PIP hungry customers a different box, like the Scientific American's. 

Its high time for Verizon to not drop the ball on this one. If the existing boxes cannot handle such a simple function that Comcast customers in my area have had for years, I will be forced to switch to Comcast to resolve this. I bought a TV with PIP functionality deliberately, like so many others have. If the digital age involves rolling back technologies, why did we switch again?

I am forced  to presume Verizon FIOS wants me to rent yet another box and split the signal before it enters my set top box,, and live with SD and a limited channel lineup and no guide. Nope. Its like we are still in the stone age. Why is there a PIP button on my remote, anyways? 

Its also high time to abandon the name set top box.  If a single customer can get the set top box on top of the existing flat panel high definition TV, please post a picture so we can all get a good laugh. 

But not the 1990's definition of PIP... something more sophisticated... 1,2,3,4,5,6,7.... video windows on a screens... you pick which ones... just went to a design meeting today :smileyhappy: Please jack up the vote volume.... will help me in the cause.
paranoia_here

New Wi-Fi hotspots everywhere.

by paranoia_here on ‎04-22-2011 06:45 PM

Verizon should offer current customers a higher speed at a reduced price by making them Wi-Fi or WiMax hotspots.  If the customer agrees to have a special antenna installed on their home Verizon offers them the higher speed at a reduced cost.  You could put a cell network antenna on their homes creating a high speed hot spot for verizon cell customers as well as near by home users.

0 Votes
jan133

PUT FIOS TV LISTINGS ON AOL

by jan133 on ‎04-22-2011 06:36 PM

Right now when i go to aol tv lisitings - the only companies listed are charter and a t and t - no place to clik for verizon fios so i can find out what is on a channel at a specific time - this application on aol was great when i had charter but i cant find what is on when fios as times differ

Yes... already on the Internet... www.verizon.com/fiostvcentral
Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Idea Statuses

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools