Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Enter New Idea
adkrasinski2

Adding more info to the guide, etc.

by adkrasinski2 on ‎04-21-2011 10:09 AM - last edited on ‎04-26-2011 09:29 AM by Admin Emeritus

Right now, FiOS shows actors names that are in the movies, however I think they should add the commentators names that are broadcasting the sports event. Also include the slideline reports names.

Another thing is adding more HD channels:

• CBS Sports Network HD
  • E! HD
  • ESPN CLS HD (ESPN Classic HD)
  • FSC HD (Fox Sports Channel HD)
  • MTV 2 HD
  • NECN HD
  • NESN Plus HD
  • SNY HD

Got it... not sure how to make the guide data piece go... but willing to look into it
juice421

Skip to Front of Buffer

by on ‎04-21-2011 07:05 AM

Whenever I want to rewind a full capacity buffer that has built up from a live show, it would be nice if there was an option to jump to the front of the buffer.  

As it is now in 1.9, I'm always having to use the trick play rewind to get to the beginning of the buffer and it takes a few minutes even at 8x.  For those instances where I want to go back as far as the buffer allows, why not add the option to jump the buffer? I was actually surprised this wasn't in 1.9 to begin with!   

Watching DVR'ed content... up arrow. See chapters. Skip where ever you desire (jump with more precision than beginning / end). Recordings on the disk before 1.9 upgrade don't get thumbnails. Only recordings after upgrade get them.
juice421

Font Options

by on ‎04-21-2011 06:54 AM

Reading the comments of 1.9 over the forums and Twitter, I see a lot of people complaining about the guides font size.  Some are saying the font is too small, and some are saying the full screen guide can fit even more if the font was smaller.  Personally, I find the font size in 1.9 to be fine where it is.

So what I propose is the ultimate solution, which WILL SATISFY EVERYONE! Why not code in and offer font size options? Other providers are currently testing font size customizations in their next-gen guide, leaving it in the hands of the customer to find their ideal font size.

And while were at it, there really should be options for almost every conceivable setting, because everyone is different and how else could you please everyone?  I know that might be a pipe dream, but it's something to strive for! 

Yes and yes. This is so hard. So hard. But definitely on that mission.
JimHough

1.9 Blues

by JimHough on ‎04-20-2011 08:52 PM

I love the look of 1.9, good job there. 

However, it seems laggy to me.  Each new screen takes longer to load than 1.8. 

But my biggest beef with 1.9 is the DVR control functions.  Seems like a long time ago but my recollection of 1.8 was when you fast forward a video you saw a small graphic at the bottom of the screen indicating the speed and direction of your FF.  When you hit "play" all of the controls went away and your video was playing without any graphics or info display. 

Under 1.9 when you're fast forwarding a video you get a lower third taken up with the speed indicator (2X, 4x, etc) but when you hit "play" you get at least a half screen blue graphic with info while your video is playing in the back.  If left unchecked, the graphic stays on screen forever!  So one if forced to make another keystroke to either hit exit or down arrow to get rid of the graphic. 

Why do I need a graphic sitting on the screen anyway?  I know what I'm watching, just play the video.  Does this make sense?

Anyone else annoyed by this function?

Thanks for listening.

Jim

The only path is to give you options to set preferences, but I also have "suggestions" that folks want the info screen and that it needed to stay up longer... The real answer is let you set the preference, but that take code.
0 Votes
sharowna

Support

by sharowna on ‎04-20-2011 05:22 PM

Once again, after five months of problems with my dvr, I continue to try and request support but cannot get anyone to help unless I sit on the phone for at least an hour to get a telephone rep to ask me what they've asked me for five months already.

My set top box continues to shut off randomly.....is that so hard?

How about you make it easier to get assistance and then FIX the problems????

This is not a place for support. If you don't want to use the phone to get support I would suggest you hit www.verizon.com/support... use IM to engage. To me it sounds like your unit is over heating (i.e. is it in a stack of other devices and unable to vent it's heat... hot enclosure... ) A DVR is basically a computer and if it gets to hot it gets unhappy. You can also use Twitter to get support from @verizonsupport.
Joeblow

New radio commercial

by Joeblow on ‎04-19-2011 04:22 PM

As a Comcast subscriber I would like to know why you feel it necessary to call us "dimwits" in your latest round of advertisements heard on popular radio stations in the Philadelphia area such as KYW 1060.  

When I first had Fios installed the first and formost question I had for Verizon was if I was going to be able to get MLB extra innings and if I would be able to get most Phillies games . I was told I would get the game . Well the season has started and I only seen 1 game so far. There hasn't been a single Phillies game on Extra innings.  This MLB package is a waste ,because I haven't gotten a single game I want to watch.

Verizon needs to step it up and be more like direct Tv, at least on DTV they show phillies games on the team that they are playings network . Direct Tv at least gives a few channels to chose from to find the games I want to see. also I should be able to change my local area broadcasting if i want. another words I live in central Jersey But only get New York local broadcasting in Fios. I do not get any Philly Broadcast and when I called to try to they told me that it can not be done.... Im starting to hate Verizon Fios, they better improve soon or Im out.

thirdjetta

Internet Speed Test Results

by thirdjetta on ‎04-19-2011 05:18 AM

After spending 45 minutes waiting on hold , I was informed that the expected speed test results are not guaranteed when operating wireless. Once wired, my speed results were fine. Why doesn't the Verizon In-home Agent prompt to insure the customer is operating WIRED before running the test to get accurate results ?

kat64

On Demand

by kat64 on ‎04-18-2011 11:39 PM

How about giving back full on demand capabilities on all programming?  Not allowing use of forwarding, rewinding and pausing on some shows on demand is not what was told to me when I purchased my bundle.  I need an explanation.  What gives>

usuario74

ESPN Deportes HD

by usuario74 on ‎04-18-2011 09:08 PM

Now that we finally have FOX Soccer HD. We football lovers (soccer for those....) need to ask for more.

FOX soccer doesn't have the rights to Spanish Liga so for me being Spanish this is not enough.

Vote for this!

I am going to create another one for GOLTV HD. Vote on that too!

Hope this time it doesnt take Verizon as long as for Fox Soccer HD! One can dream!!

GOL TV is next for the soccer folks...

As a former DISH and DIRECT TV customer, I became accustomed to the TV program guide information havin:

(1) The "original air date" included.

Without this information, it is impossible to determine which episodes are really FIRST RUN, and which are repeats of First Run shows. This makes impossible accurate Series programming the DVR. It also makes it difficult to record a series that is being repeated.

(2) For movies, the 1 to 5 Star annotations.

Having this avoids having to search IMDB, or another Web source, to deternine which films were better reviewed and received.

aaron1948V

Please add Free Speech TV and LinkTV

by aaron1948V on ‎04-18-2011 08:24 PM

Please consider adding Free Speech TV and LinkTV, both of which are on Direct and DISH TV.

prisaz

ADA settings or features for vision impaired users.

by ‎04-18-2011 07:36 PM - edited ‎04-18-2011 07:40 PM

This could be an industry first. If not available. It would also be inline with Verizon's Community Responsibility Ideals.

Perhaps Verizon should have had "themes".. I believe that someone that has vision issues may be some of the biggest complainers about 1.9 contrasts. But than again, why would they want HD. ADA compliant guide for the Vision impaired? Not that there is such a thing. It could be a Verizon first. I would love to be able to toggle screen guide modes with a simple push of a button. Without getting my glasses.

Is your STB or DVR ADA compliant? Does Verizon consider ADA compliance. Might be a good idea to offer an special ADA compliant option setting for your hardware. High contrast etc.

prisaz

Remote Manage NON DVR STBs not just parental controls, but favorites too.

by ‎04-18-2011 07:04 PM - edited ‎04-18-2011 07:05 PM

I know there is another post regarding remote management of parental controls. Now I do like the I idea to allow remote enabling to view a single program. This puts a little different twist on the subject, I do not remember seeing this in 1.9, but maybe it is there.

Enter pin or enable viewing for this program being requested.,

Remotely List program on STB or DVR requesting access.

I would like to see these two remote management buttons for all my STBs and not just DVRs..

ManageNonDVRs.JPG

0 Votes
mikemorgan7

Bring FiOS to Tampa Bay Area

by mikemorgan7 on ‎04-18-2011 05:24 PM - last edited on ‎04-20-2011 12:56 PM by Admin Emeritus

If FiOS were to come to the Tampa Bay Area,Bright House Networks would be out of service. It cost me $150.00 a month for TV,Phone,and internet. FiOS is so much cheaper,and overall better,and faster. Come to the Tampa Bay Area,Bright House SUCKS !!!

If you live in Tampa.. then FiOS should be available to you over the next months... maybe short years... we are still building your market.
Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Idea Statuses

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools