• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Enter New Idea
CRobGauth

Name STBs in FIOS Remote APP

by Silver Contributor III on ‎05-16-2011 07:37 PM

Just got the FIOS remote APP for Android. Connected to two of my STBs(have 4). They are just named STB1 and STB2. A month from now I won't be able to remember which is which. WOuld be nice to be able to name them in the APP (ie Bedroom, DVR, etc).

mphare

QWERTY Keyboard for searching

by on ‎05-16-2011 02:57 PM

I haven't seen this currently available. If it can be done, please let me know how.

I'd like to put a USB keyboard on the front port and be able to use it for searching or other alphabeta uses.

Yes... what xmnj said... you can use a smart phone or a tablet to do this trick...
Buzz-Woody

Life easier

by Buzz-Woody on ‎05-16-2011 12:59 PM - last edited on ‎06-17-2011 12:30 PM by Admin Emeritus

While watching a variety of different shows, every once in a while a preview of an upcoming show appears.  I don't always have a pen/pencil handy to write down the name of a show that I would be interested in seeing, so when I go into the guide or search most of the time I have forgotten one part of the title & am unable to locate it.  I think it would be an improvement that while showing special programs coming up or movies coming up there should be an option to record the program/movie right from the preview.  This would make my life easier and I have discussed with several others my idea and they suggested I send it in.  Can''t hurt right?  Thanks for the opportunity.  Sometimes even a small idea is a big help for others.  Diane

We have the tech to make this go... but need to be able to operate that tech (i.e. matching the interactivity to the commercials that run on hundreds of channels, 24 hours a day).
RalphTomaccio

Programmed FIOS TV Tuning

by RalphTomaccio on ‎05-16-2011 07:48 AM

I frequently go to the TV listings on-line to see what's on for the evening and, if necessary, select any programs I would like to record. It would really be a nice feature if I could also select the channels I want to view, without necessarily record, at the same time. This would automatically change channels as programmed through the guide without ever having to access the guide again for the day. The ability to do the same through the TV guide itself, without having to go on-line, would be another logical feature.

that's pretty cool.... but I think you might want to include any kind of content... basically build a playlist for the evening's viewing pleasure... start with a 8pm live tv show... move to a On Demand Tv show at 9pm... etc, etc..
SpeederFOIS

Test a NEW Internet FIOS router USB 3.0 & 10/100/1000 network & N-1 Max networking

by SpeederFOIS on ‎05-15-2011 08:59 PM - last edited on ‎05-25-2011 09:23 AM by Admin Emeritus

Suggestions for improved FIOS TV/Internet Service:

1.  Provide new beta routers for connections of separate user network hard drives for 1-2 GB size to use USB 3.0 connection speed.  New portable HD's now have the new USB 3.0 speed!

2.  Provide new beta routers with ports for the faster 10/100/1000 network connections equipment.

3.  Provide new beta routers for N-1 Max instead of only G.

4.  In the new router instruction package include a separate large instruction guide on how to "QUICK connect" new computers wirelessly.

0 Votes
sa21

Greek International Channels

by sa21 on ‎05-15-2011 08:48 PM

You mentioned more channels are on the way.  How long do you anticipate it? 

Thanks for your time.

No dates are given here... you'll see a press release when they are available and then we'll mark the associated ideas as launched in the idea exchange. Sorry.
0 Votes
wbz

HD service interruption (not std)

by wbz on ‎05-15-2011 06:39 PM

I am frustrated by the now regukar HD service interruptions that affect HD box but not standard box.  Getting on line to support for hd settop box to be reset takes a half hour (i use a vz aircard for internet access).  I don't understand why hd service goes down but not the standard set top box.  i am forced to have an hd box to get dvr function -- why is dvr not available for standad box?  better yet, why is hd service so fragile?

This is not a good place to get support. I would suggest you ping www.verizon.com/support using IM on that site to discuss what's happening.
MWalker

Provide More Up to Date Information on International Minutes Used

by MWalker on ‎05-15-2011 07:27 AM - last edited on ‎06-22-2011 02:03 PM by Admin Emeritus

I subscribe to Verizon's World Plan 300 in which I get 300 minutes of monthly international calling time.  The Verizon website has an indicator that shows how many minutes a subscriber has used so far each billing cycle, which is useful to make sure you don't run over the allowance and also so that you can get optimal use of the alloted minutes.

The problem is that the indicator is always 2 to 3 days behind the present, so it does not include calls made in the past 2 to 3 days.  This is obviously a system programming issue.  Verizon's electronic "bookkeeping" should be modified so that this indicator is accurate to within the past hour, if not up to the minute.

0 Votes
doloresdms

NASCAR

by doloresdms on ‎05-14-2011 01:53 PM

I realize that Verizon was a sponsor of a car in the Nationwide part of NASCAR.  Not sure why you stopped doing that but I think that its an advertising mistake.  The driver you should sponsor is Kenny Wallace.  He is a great driver when he has the right equipment which takes good sponsors.  The Verizon name would be part of every and any conversation he would have.  He's one of NASCAR's favorite drivers.  A great fan favorite, hopefully you will take a look at the 09 car, driver Kenny Wallace.  Plus he would be great in a commercial with "can you hear me now" guy.  :smileyhappy:

Pretty sure he was sponsored AllTell before VZ logo showed up on the vehicle, right?

Verizon should allow customers to determine the email "SESSION TIME OUT" length.  We're tired of having to start over every time we abandon our email for 5-10 minutes.  Very frustrating and eats up OUR time too.  I'd understand when we are at a public location.  Heck even if we were at a public location all anyone would need to do is press the "OK" button and they'd be in. We are all responsible enough to determine the length of time we can 'idle' our email !!

LisaM304

BEING ABLE TO CHANGE MY SERVICE TYPES AND ADD ONS ONLINE

by LisaM304 on ‎05-14-2011 10:21 AM - last edited on ‎05-25-2011 09:49 AM by Admin Emeritus

I would love to be able to add or subtract items from my bundle online. For example, I had the Starz Player

added but had too much trouble viewing it on my computer, so I uninstalled it but had to call Verizon to have

it taken off my bill. It would have been nice to just uncheck a box and have the bill auto-adjusted at the end of

the pay cycle.

scocoh

HowardTV

by scocoh on ‎05-13-2011 01:02 PM

IS Howard TV ever coming to FIOS?

Sure...
scocoh

Streaming Netflix

by scocoh on ‎05-13-2011 01:00 PM

Allow netflix subscribers to stream directly from the STB to their TV

Would you pay a $9 or $10 per month for the service... instead of $8 to get the quality of FiOS TV from that content offer on a STB.
duganmr

New Parental Controls

by duganmr on ‎05-13-2011 05:09 AM

1)  Allow a timer for when the topbox is on/off to regulate time when kids can watch TV.  Yes, I know that I can do that with a wall-socket timer, but that is easily defeated.  This would be  a good thing for some of us parents too!

2) If I block a channel, I don't want to see it in the guide.  This capability is offered for the 'adult' channels, why not other blocked channels?  The Dish network does this.

suggestion 1 is in IMG 1.9... and we have been working the second one... but don't have it assigned to a software release currently.
miken50

To help verizon save money & time

by miken50 on ‎05-12-2011 01:27 PM

I receive the service 6 weeks ago, but line has not been put in the ground. I saw the techs 100 yard from my house putting the line in the ground & it was about 2pm. I asked if they were going to do mine. The tech said he would check with the other guy. I walked back home & notice a neighbor's that his cable was put in the ground, that had to be done in the past 3 weeks. Well about 3pm the techs in 2 different truck past right by me, as I pointing to the cable & never stopped. Now understand the trucks have been in my neighborhood for month. My point is verizon should sched. service appointment for putting the cable in the ground by neighborhoods, not by the month or two of the installment. Verizon could save money on gas & other things, if they would use time management better.Now sometime in the future a tech as to drive back to my neighborhood & 30 minutes to put my line in, when he could of stopped & done mine. This will cause another customer to wait for customer service.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Idea Statuses

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools