Customers With Disabilities
Enter New Idea
0 Votes

I am a long time customer and stockholder.  I have to wonder how many problems or issues like health care could 18.1 million dollars would buy.  As reported in today's newspaper, that was Verizon’s CEO's compensation for 2010, and that was just the CEO.  Executive compensation must be one of the biggest problems for corporate America.  The gap between rank and file employees and the executives has grown to obscene proportions.  How does the Board justify the unconscionably high salaries and other compensation to executives?  Just one mans opinion.

Trelea

Verizon Home Page

by Trelea on ‎03-21-2011 05:08 PM - last edited on ‎03-22-2011 07:44 AM by Admin Emeritus

It seems that the current Verizon web page is a recent redesign and improvement over an earlier version that I have never seem.  I'd like to suggest that more work needs to be done.  In particular, the page needs to be more user-friendly for persons who are older or with more limited vision.  Even with the zoom set to 150% on a 23" LED monitor, it is impossible to read much of the text, particularly that in light blue font.  (Making the screen any larger is not the solution as it means having to scroll horizontally to view an entire page -- in addition to the vertical scrolling that one expects.)

I don't know if this has been brought up before, and if it has, I would appreciate a link to the answer...

As an example, I don't understand Verizon's decision to offer the Hallmark Movie Channel in the Prime and Ultimate Packages but not the Extreme Package.  I have never been with a cable company where channels that were offered in a lower tier weren't offered in a higher tier.  Why would the Hallmark Movie Channel be offered in a lower tier (Prime) but not offered in a higher tier (Extreme)?  That makes absolutely no sense.  If I want this channel, I either have to move to the lower tier and lose other channels, or pay for the highest tier.

If I pay more money each month for a higher package, I should get all of the channels offered in the lower tier plus additional channels.

So, my idea is simple: if you pay for a higher tier, you should get all the channels offered in the lower tier, whether it be the Hallmark Movie Channel or other channels.

It will take some time before the product manager has a chance to review this. I'm sure he'll respond when he can, as he is quite active in the idea exchange.
0 Votes
nbannon123

Fix URL

by nbannon123 on ‎03-20-2011 07:35 AM

When i type in verizon.com it takes me to verizonwireless.com, when i type in verizon.net, it take me to verizon.com

is there even a verizon.net? if not why does the email have .net at the end?

This is a fairly common complaint, and as Prisaz points out, each site is caching in your browser. This is not likely to change in the near future.
prisaz

Make the reset of the DVR acutally re-enable all the features the customers should have.

by ‎03-20-2011 06:27 AM - edited ‎03-20-2011 06:29 AM

Make the reset of the STB or DVR acutally re-enable all the features the customes should have. The web site and in home agent is totally worthless in this area. Remote DVR is part of my services, and no where on the web site is there a place to turn this service on. Tech support can not even do it. A work order must be created, and the issue must be excalated to the "Web Remote DVR Group". The web site will say you don't have the feature when you should, and the site will not let you add it. All it says is your service is not activated. Well it is. The DVR will say the same. Not the first time this happens.

Caller ID on the STB is not much better. There should be a place to reset the feature from the web site. Not wait days or weeks after toggling it on the STB only to require yet another call to support. Make the online tools or In Home Agent do this. You know enable required port forwards and tell the system you want this on.

prisaz

Let people pick and choose what level of the three services they want.

by ‎03-20-2011 06:17 AM - edited ‎03-20-2011 06:35 AM

Let people pick and choose what level of the three services they want. Create your own bundle on the web site does not work. It only lets you get all or nothing.

Examples:

Phone , Extreme HD , 35/35 or

Phone , Ultimate , 25/25

Phone , Ultimate , 15/2

Phone , Prime , 35/35

Ultimate , 15/2

Extreme , 35/35

Currently there is no flexibility

prisaz

Put all the HD back into Extreme.

by ‎03-20-2011 06:15 AM - edited ‎03-20-2011 06:31 AM

The few channels that were removed from the Extreme package should be put back. Leave Sports in the Ultimate tier.

bert0mac

Your internet is SLOW

by bert0mac on ‎03-20-2011 12:17 AM

I used to have comcast. They had wonderful, fast internet. I switched to Verizon, now we have terrible, slow internet.. You should make your internet more like comcast, whose internet does not suck. The reason for this is....Our internet is the worst available.

fix it now or start giving out discounts on your discount services

Please run Speed Test on your service www.verizon.com/checkyourspeed, Then run the Speed Optimizer if needed, Make sure you reboot your PC, turn all the way off when you have finished optimizing. If this does not correct your problem please contact tech support at 1-800-837-4966
Electro960

Verizon FIOS DVR Suggestion

by Electro960 on ‎03-19-2011 08:22 AM

Each time I set a series recording to record only one episode, FIOS DVR will retain one episode on the hard drive, however, each time another episode airs the DVR continually replaces the existing episode already recorded with the new episode.  This method occupies at least one of the two tuners more frequently and if two recordings are happening at once, then I'm unable to change channels.  Please add a feature that will accommodate my suggestion.  Thanks.

Have to say this one confuses me? If you set up a series recording and say keep no more than 1 episode... then you want it to stop recording new episodes until you watch the first one it recorded? That's the definition of a series recording. Instead of setting up a series... maybe just configure single recording for the specific episode you want...
PBax

WATCH A PROGRAM THAT WAS MISSED

by PBax on ‎03-18-2011 07:04 PM

A Cable Company has the option to watch a recent program that is a series (like Survivor) if I forgot to program it.  This would be a great addition to the FIOS programming.

There are already a decent number of TV shows available from On Demand (and more coming every week). Next time you miss a show try search to see if it is available from On Demand. We are implementing all sorts of links to make it easier to find.
0 Votes
PBax

Phone Number displayed on TV

by PBax on ‎03-18-2011 07:01 PM

Some cable companies show who is calling on the TV screen.  This would be a good service for FIOS to have.  It makes it possible not to get up to answer a call that is an obvious Sales Call.

I have called Verizon and spoken to many people that seem to have no idea what I'm referring to.  On channels 30-48 there are channels that my surrounding local townships post information and show important notices.  Who do I call to get my local (Wayne Township in NJ) feed on Verizon.  The competing cable company carries this feed, so I know it's available.

Needs to be someone from the township staff... perhaps someone that does the franchise licenses.
ChrisPA

Option to switch to plain text email

by ChrisPA on ‎03-18-2011 04:52 PM - last edited on ‎03-18-2011 04:57 PM by Moderator

I'm new to verizon was surprised to find I had to use an "old" email version to send a plain text email.  The latest technology and upgrades are usually good things, but when it limits access to or excludes older technology, some still use, maybe a revisit is in order.  I hope verizon will consider adding a plain text option to the "new" email, as it has with the "old."  

From the product manager: "We will be enhancing Verizon email with a plain text editor in a future email release. The new release should be available later this year." Thank you all for your responses on this.
jeffspet

Verizon Speed Test: Keep Same State for "Test Again".

by jeffspet on ‎03-18-2011 02:56 PM - last edited on ‎03-21-2011 02:14 PM by Admin Emeritus

A user shouldn't have to reenter the state to run the test again.  

We will have the developers review
0 Votes
BeckyS_VZ

Howard TV

by Admin Emeritus on ‎03-18-2011 01:16 PM
Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Idea Statuses

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools