Customers With Disabilities
Enter New Idea
Electro960

Verizon FIOS DVR Suggestion

by Electro960 on ‎03-19-2011 08:22 AM

Each time I set a series recording to record only one episode, FIOS DVR will retain one episode on the hard drive, however, each time another episode airs the DVR continually replaces the existing episode already recorded with the new episode.  This method occupies at least one of the two tuners more frequently and if two recordings are happening at once, then I'm unable to change channels.  Please add a feature that will accommodate my suggestion.  Thanks.

Have to say this one confuses me? If you set up a series recording and say keep no more than 1 episode... then you want it to stop recording new episodes until you watch the first one it recorded? That's the definition of a series recording. Instead of setting up a series... maybe just configure single recording for the specific episode you want...
PBax

WATCH A PROGRAM THAT WAS MISSED

by PBax on ‎03-18-2011 07:04 PM

A Cable Company has the option to watch a recent program that is a series (like Survivor) if I forgot to program it.  This would be a great addition to the FIOS programming.

There are already a decent number of TV shows available from On Demand (and more coming every week). Next time you miss a show try search to see if it is available from On Demand. We are implementing all sorts of links to make it easier to find.
0 Votes
PBax

Phone Number displayed on TV

by PBax on ‎03-18-2011 07:01 PM

Some cable companies show who is calling on the TV screen.  This would be a good service for FIOS to have.  It makes it possible not to get up to answer a call that is an obvious Sales Call.

I have called Verizon and spoken to many people that seem to have no idea what I'm referring to.  On channels 30-48 there are channels that my surrounding local townships post information and show important notices.  Who do I call to get my local (Wayne Township in NJ) feed on Verizon.  The competing cable company carries this feed, so I know it's available.

Needs to be someone from the township staff... perhaps someone that does the franchise licenses.
ChrisPA

Option to switch to plain text email

by ChrisPA on ‎03-18-2011 04:52 PM - last edited on ‎03-18-2011 04:57 PM by Moderator

I'm new to verizon was surprised to find I had to use an "old" email version to send a plain text email.  The latest technology and upgrades are usually good things, but when it limits access to or excludes older technology, some still use, maybe a revisit is in order.  I hope verizon will consider adding a plain text option to the "new" email, as it has with the "old."  

From the product manager: "We will be enhancing Verizon email with a plain text editor in a future email release. The new release should be available later this year." Thank you all for your responses on this.
jeffspet

Verizon Speed Test: Keep Same State for "Test Again".

by jeffspet on ‎03-18-2011 02:56 PM - last edited on ‎03-21-2011 02:14 PM by Admin Emeritus

A user shouldn't have to reenter the state to run the test again.  

We will have the developers review
0 Votes
BeckyS_VZ

Howard TV

by Admin Emeritus on ‎03-18-2011 01:16 PM

Make it availble to disable/enable voicemail online.  Having to call in to have an order placed to remove voicemail is a hassle.  Most competiters have options available online.

For example, give multiple forwarding options:

No Answer - If you do not answer after the allotted amount of rings

1 - Foward to VM

2 - Foward to another phone #

3 - Off.  Phone will continue to ring until line is picked up or caller disconnects.

Busy Tone - cust calls and gets a busy tone (call waiting disabled, or already have two callers)

1 - Foward to VM

3 - Off.  Caller will hear the busy tone

No Service - Services are down in the area

1 - Foward to VM

3 - Off.  Caller will hear the busy tone or what ever message comes with being out of service

All Calls - Foward all calls (will supercede the above options)

1 - Foward to VM

3 - Off.  Will use the other call fowarding options

Thanks for the suggestion. We'll explore the possibility for a future FiOS Digital Voice enhancement.
tsabbe

Please add Noggin TV channel for kids

by tsabbe on ‎03-17-2011 03:49 PM

Please add Noggin TV channel for kids. This is the one channel my kids miss, from the Direct TV (298) to Verizon FIOS TV switch.

Thank you,

tsabbe

Noggin was re-branded to Nick Jr. (still has Moose A Moose) - channel 256
amibaby224

On demand without commercials

by amibaby224 on ‎03-16-2011 07:42 PM

I think that it would be great to have the on demand without commercials. I was watching a show and had to fast forward through 20 minutes of stupid commercials just to see the show again. I would watch on demand more if they didn't have all the commercials and just had the shows more.

Commercials help offset the cost of content (and Keyboards is correct)... if there are no commercials, then you have to pay more... but I think it could be really cool if there was an option to select commercials vs no commercials... and if you pick no commercials, then you just have to cover what the advertisers would have paid. There are all sorts of business complications with this one... but it is interesting to employ
0 Votes
johnforest

Mac and iPad

by johnforest on ‎03-16-2011 02:26 PM - last edited on ‎05-05-2011 02:55 PM by Admin Emeritus

Let me see if I've got this straight. Verizon now sells and provides service for iphones but does not offer these flexview 

options for Mac or iPhone or iPad?

Failing to offer flexview on Mac and iPad makes me consider changing my service.

Very short sighted on Verizon's part.

Harsh post. There is so much to this story that I wish I could share, but alas non-disclosure agreements prevent me. iOS devices will be supported by the FiOS on Demand app... It was not an over sight... or short sighted, etc... But I can share that the iPhone and iPad launches were only known to an extremely small number of VZ people until everyone knew... that's how Apple rolls. I found out about both at the same time you did... same for many in Verizon Wireless that did not have an absolute need to know.
realnews

add Euronews Channel (English Version)

by realnews on ‎03-16-2011 06:59 AM

When is Verizon Fios going to finally have this channel in its lineup like all the other service provider, I am seriously thinking about switching back to cablevision because I find Verizons international news channel options and there coverage very limited. 

I need a real news channel - not one that sings the same song like CNN & BBC...

Euronews definitely is it for me.  http://www.euronews.net/

I am seriously considering on switching just to get this channel back.

tallen95

DVR Show Sharing

by tallen95 on ‎03-14-2011 05:29 PM

Sometimes I forget to record a favorite show, or have a last minute change of plans on a favorite tv night.  If I know someone else with verizon who has recorded this show, it would be nice if they could share their DVR show with my DVR.

It is a cool idea, but not likely to come true as described. Although the way it could work... is just access On Demand for the show... more and more and more TV shows are making it into On Demand and on multiple screens.
Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Idea Statuses

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools