Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Enter New Idea

I know this is a shot in the dark but to be fair to subscribers of premium stations it would be nice to offer a credit when a free preview weekend is offered.  If the station is being shown for free to all customers...paying customers should get the benefit too.  I know we could cancel and re-subscribe but it would be nice to have an automated credit.

It's an interesting concept... but crazy complex to implement...
playerstatus143

ADDING NEW CHANNELS

by playerstatus143 on ‎04-01-2011 04:12 PM

I THINK IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA FOR VERIZON TO HAVE A WEBSITE WHERE CUSTOMERS CAN GO AND REQUEST A SPECIFIC CHANNEL TO BE ADDED TO FIOS TV CHANNEL LINEUP.

I PERSONALLY TRIED TO CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE AND REQUEST A  PHONE NUMBER OR CONTACT TO MAKE A SUGGESTION OR REQUEST ON OBTAINING A NEW CHANNEL AND NO ONE WAS ABLE TO HELP ME.

I THINK THAT REALLY IS SOMETHING MAJOR THAT VERIZON COULD AND SHOULD ADDRESS.

PLEASE ADD CARACOL TO THE SPANISH CHANNEL LINEUP!

Every now and then we are reminded of how much HD content is MISSING from FiOS. As of this posting, the latest must-see TV moment is "The Kennedys" miniseries. (It's noteworthy because, without disputing its accuracy, members of the famous family used their influence to persuade a bunch of TV networks not to purchase and air the already-completed program. Finally, Reelz stepped up, recognizing it had more to gain from the exposure.)

Sadly, Verizon FiOS subscribers (here in New York City) won't get to see the thing in HD. Customers of Time Warner Cable -- the other system operator in my neighborhood -- will indeed have the opportunity to enjoy every glorious high definition pixel.

While I understand a docudrama about a political family may not be everyone's cup of tea, I thought I'd mark the occasion -- not the first one in which FiOS customers are at a disadvantage in comparison to their Time Warner Cable subscribing neighbors -- to take a closer look at what else is missing from the FiOS HD line-up here.

Considering Verizon's "we're so superior" marketing message, the amount of HD content that FiOS customers AREN'T getting is shocking.

Here in New York City, Time Warner Cable customers have access to over 40 MORE HD channels than their neighbors with FiOS -- channels like E!, Reelz, BBC America, Oxygen, three additional flavors of Showtime, all three feeds of CSPAN, two 3D channels, the Cooking Channel, Headline News, Cartoon Network, both MSG channels, Ovation and Turner Classic Movies.

So, I pose this question to the Verizon staff who monitor this forum: given that most of your customers, like me, are without a contract and enjoy the freedom of taking our business elsewhere, how soon can we expect to see an improvement in the number of HD channels on the FiOS network? Is it imminent enough to sit tight? A matter of weeks? A month or two? Or are we actually better off leaving the FiOS family for a while until you guys catch up in the content department? (Given the frequent direct-mail pieces they send out, I'm pretty sure Time Warner Cable -- and probably Comcast, for that matter -- may have a TV-internet-phone bundle or two.)

We just added HD channels... TruTV, BET, etc... with more coming each month. We did the first ever 3D NFL game last fall and have more 3D channels coming. MSG HD is a different story. Cablevision willl not provide the HD channel to us and for that we have engaged the FCC (we await the FCC's decision on your / our access to that content).

I will soon be moving to central FL from New England and am an existing FIOS customer planning to keep my service.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE consider adding NESN National to your channel lineup in Tampa....I can't imagine not being able to watch the Red Sox all summer!!!

LennyJ

On Screen Caller ID Reliability

by LennyJ on ‎04-01-2011 12:23 PM

Please rewrite the software that implements On Screen Caller ID so that it works reliably all the time.

Add Cox 4; shows Padres and other SD sports teams from San Diego as well as add KUSI,and other local San Diego news channels. This part of SW Riverside has many subscribers who have closer ties to San Diego than LA area.

While we would certainly love to... betting Cox (a competitor) will not be keen on this idea.
pcsogi

Listen to tv via my iphone headphones

by pcsogi on ‎03-31-2011 06:29 PM

Looking for a way to connect my iphone to my fios box to listen to the programming when all are asleep. I know I can buy wireless headphones but why not via my iphone?  Would it be possible to enable to the usb port on the box to allow for a bluetooth adapter, then connect the iphone via bluetooth??  Just a thought.

Thanks

Well... not the way you characterize... but an increasing amount of TV content is being made available on your computer and mobile devices... which accomplishes what you requested without getting the lawyers all cranky.

Currently the Fios Baseball Widget will alert when the 9th inning starts, the score changes, there is a pitching change, etc.  These are all decent alerts but if Fios would add one alert millions of fantasy baseball players would sign up for MLB Extra Innings.

There needs to be an alert where you can choose up to 20 mlb players and the Fios Widget will alert you when they are coming up to bat.  MLB.TV had this feature, and I thought Fios would have it on its Widget.  Even though I prefer watching games on TV vs. online, I will probably switch back to MLB.TV next year if this upgrade is not implemented.

Again,

THE FIOS BASEBALL WIDGET NEEDS TO ADD AN ALERT WHERE YOU ARE ALERTED WHEN SPECIFIC PLAYERS THAT YOU HAVE CHOSEN ARE COMING UP TO BAT.

Hope this is in the works.

MARIODIF

Probably for next season... but great addition.

Verizon email is NOT encrypted between you and Vz's servers.  Whether you use Outlook or Outlook Express or go to the webmail.verizon.net web page to view your emails, the connection between you and Verizon is NOT encrypted.  It is NOT https (with s).

So, if you are in a cafe or airport linking to the web via WiFi, your emails can be sniffed and copied.  Maybe (just maybe) your user name and password sign-in is encrypted, but the following view of your email is NOT.

Please see the discussion and further hyperlink at http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Your-link-to-Verizon-email-is-NOT-encrypted/td-p/2957... .

Verizon should immediately encrypt this first connection, all the time, for all users, whether via an email app like Outlook or via surfing to Verizon's email web site.  Other ISP's and email providers have done so, and Verizon may be risking legal liability for negligence by dragging its feet.

Please forward this "idea" (actually a long-standing complaint) to Verizon's legal department.  This is NOT just a tech-network issue.

Thanks.

The login portion of webmail is encrypted. We support encrypted password on POP and SMTP. We will offer POP SSL and SMTP SSL sometime this year (this would encrypt the entire transaction start to finish) but it's not currently available.
konacoffee

FIOS TV

by konacoffee on ‎03-30-2011 07:05 PM

Do you guys plan on bringing back the Verizon ads which feature Verizon guy vs Comcast (I mean XFinity) guy? Those were hilarious and so spot on. Comcast sucks.

I also enjoyed... but probably not.
dmking79

Upgrade home routers with GigE ports

by dmking79 on ‎03-30-2011 08:05 AM

Since higher bandwidth/more throughput was announced this morning (3/30), it would be nice if our home routers were upgraded to include GigE (gigabit ethernet) ports so all that lovely bandwidth doesn't get bottlenecked at the router and we can actually enjoy and use what we pay for.  

Weird concept, I know

And don't make this something insanely easy for new customers to get and make it nearly impossible for current subscribers to obtain.  I know there's no incentive for you to care about people who are already signed up, but it'd be nice if you pretended to care once in a while

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Idea Statuses

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools