Customers With Disabilities
Enter New Idea
prisaz

Pandora Widget Duplicate requests.

by on ‎02-28-2011 06:49 PM

Please combine the duplicate requests for a Pandora Widget. Some are marked duplicate but not locked and some are locked. There are a total of 27 requests for this great idea. Can we total all the votes under one idea? Although some might be duplicate votes, I think they should all count because Pandora smokes under Tivo, which I gave up. Pandora Pandora Pandora!

Joe I know you like this one. The free version does not allow you to do as much and is partially supported through restrictions on the number of songs you can skip, thus promoting the various artist's music from the studio labels. Also has a commercial or two now and then if I recall. But there is a subscription version that allows the user to do so much more. Verizon would probably be able to get part of the subscription fee if it were available. More revenue, but I would not charge more than what the other providers charge for the subscription version. It may be regulated by Pandora and you would just get a cut.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=location&location=Node%3Aideas&q=p...

prisaz

I just wish the clock would stay up unless I was changing channels.

by ‎02-28-2011 06:29 PM - edited ‎02-28-2011 07:22 PM

It does stay up unless changing channels. I did notice when paused it goes to the channel. Yesterday it seemed different, but today this seems like everything works as it should. Mark this as already exists.

Part of the Energy Star. Save a milli amp or two with a dimming feature based on room conditions. Sort of like the radio or display on a car dash board dims when it is dark out. Perhaps a display room brightness sensitivity setting.

Definitely hardware and OS API dependent...
Quasimotor

GET MY PHONE NUMBERS ONCE

by Quasimotor on ‎02-28-2011 05:55 PM

When calling Verizon, the phonebot asks for a phone number, which users input with the phone.  When the Verizon representative answers, he/she asks again for the phone number.  Then he/she asks for the alternative phone number.  Then the representative passes the user on to one or more further representatives, EACH OF WHICH ASKS FOR THE SAME PHONE NUMBERS.  At 20 seconds per ask, Verizon wastes millions of man-hours a year asking the same questions over and over, not to mention annoying customers.  Have the numbers on your computer screen.  If the customer must verify information for security purposes- verify ONCE!  We'll all be happier and more profitable.

I would like to see FiOS TV drop the SD version of any stations that are available in HD. It is a waste of coax bandwidth to have both SD and HD versions of the same station. As for customers that still have SD displays, in my experience I have not had issues viewing the HD channels on an SD display.

The highest volume boxes out there are 2500's... so while I concur.... there are a couple million viewers that wouldn't at this point

Please add OWN HD (formerly Discovery Health) which used to be available in HD.

trickybrkn

FiOS Issue Widget

by trickybrkn on ‎02-28-2011 10:48 AM

I was enjoying the Carling Cup final and the early game of FSC. But there seems to be a constant sync issue. Even when they where in the studio.  That is annoying. You see a ball being kicked and hear it a second latter. 

But my idea is, what about an issue widget, where you can log an issue from the TV without going trying to get the laptop from the kids or wife. Or even worse calling. And even if you did call or email or whatever, you could check the status via the widget. 

and if you could fix that sync issue with FSC, maybe add it in HD :smileywink:

In Home Agent (which you can find from the main menu) is getting an enhancement just as you describe...
bmcook69

we need service here

by bmcook69 on ‎02-27-2011 10:57 PM

we get phone and internet service here in cumberland md 21502 but know tv or wireless service what is up with that yopu offer to but not the rest what happen you only brought half the company here with you 

Your marketroids should love it. You can collect marketing info on which offers fail to get an interest. Log the selections per user, and offer something else, that the user has not seen, and has not dismissed. Your customers will be happier, not seeing stuff they've already seen and don't want. Your marketroids gain valuable feedback on which offers flat out lose interest.

0 Votes
wordz5th

More international/ foreign channels

by wordz5th on ‎02-27-2011 02:55 PM

Hi, I do not have cable TV or any other television service at this time, but I am looking at getting my television service from your fine company because I have internet and wireless with you. I would just like to know will you be adding on more foreign language channels, because my wife is Japanese and I am a student of languages, so I like to watch foreign language channels, particularly Asian languages. Also will any of these channels be in HD?

Thanks for your time.

More foreign language channels are being added.
RalphTomaccio

Verizon Call Assistant Enhancement

by RalphTomaccio on ‎02-27-2011 09:45 AM

Call Logging of "Outgoing Calls" would be a nice addition to the Verizon Call Assistant. There are times when I need to verify/prove that certain calls were made. No way of doing that as it stands now.

Good idea! We'll consider doing in the future.

Update MyVerizon to provide new STB types and Model Numbers.

SetTopBoxesDesignation..JPG

Thanks for clarifying.
prisaz

Make more than 9 days of guide data available on the DVR.

by ‎02-27-2011 05:31 AM - edited ‎02-27-2011 05:33 AM

Make more than 9 days of guide data available on the DVR. I see a commercial about a new series starting on say March 12th, ok it is Feb. 27th. I do a search to record the new Series and it shows up, but will not allow me to schedule the recording or anything else. I get an error that there is a problem with my connection. Which I know is false. I run diagnostic and it says no error. Fix this in 1.9 and also fix your back end where it gives the correct error messages when it does not know what to do. One reason I had Tivo, but I am waiting for 1.9 and playing the game. Perhaps I should reactivate my Tivo until 1.9 in April or June.

prisaz

FiOS Remote Control Application for the PC. Not like remote DVR. But remote control.

by ‎02-26-2011 03:54 PM - edited ‎02-26-2011 04:14 PM

FiOS remote application for the PC. Not just through My Verizon but total control of the STBs and DVRs from the PC. Something to the local network and not relying on remote DVR through the Verizon Website, but from the local PC only. Like wireless laptop or a hardwired network connection. Make all the control features the DVR has accessible from a PC.

New application, not part of the Media manager. If you can do it for portables, you can surely do it for the Local Connection and WiFi or hardwired on a PC.

How about a Windows Gadget or an application the will allow STB control from Windows? or Mac. Don't want to leave out Apple.

If we did it... I wouldn't want a separate app from Media Manager... but doesn't see like something that would get very high usage... let's see how many votes
Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Idea Statuses

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools