Customers With Disabilities
Enter New Idea
ksb729

SNY HD in Massachusetts

by ksb729 on ‎09-10-2011 06:17 AM

SNY seems to be one of the only channels that has an HD version but it is not offered in MA. Please add SNY HD in MA, it seems like all the other areas that have SNY have both.

Mark4834

"Current Time" in a Recorded Show

by Mark4834 on ‎11-16-2010 02:27 PM

Hi,

It would be very helpful to see the "current time" when watching a show on the DVR.  For example, if I am watching a football game that was recorded between 1:00 and 4:30, it would be nice when I pause to be able to see that I am pausing at 2:27.

This would be helpful:

1) Halftime - if halftime starts at 2:27, I can watch the "current time" and fast forward to 2:42 to skip the halftime show.

2) Future Viewing - if I stop watching the game, but my son keeps watching, I know that when I start watching the game again, I need to rewind the game to 2:27

Right now, rewinding to an exact point in a recorded show is a big guessing game... not the football game.

Thanks,

Mark

That's an interesting request... Seems feasible.. but not sure how to switch into this "mode", because I would really not like this one myself... I have no idea that half time starts at some particular time in the past... but I can see how this might be useful.

This is very annoying indeed. Why does our 7232 return to the live action of a show currently recording when you hit 'STOP'?!? Regardless if you were on another channel prior to hitting play of show in progress/recording. (This happens during use of only 1 tuner, with our D* HR24 HD-DVRs this doesn't happen.  It just returns you to the show/channel that you were previously watching.  It will do it if both tuners are active, but that's understandable.)

This causes "Spoilers"! I don't want to see the current score or punchline to a movie.

C'mon FIOS get this corrected as it's really creating some major wifey aggro  }8^)

bootsie

Fios TV

by bootsie on ‎09-04-2011 06:53 PM

I got Fios because it was going to be so much less expensive than Comcast was.  Now, I'm considering getting rid of it when my 2 year contract is up because I feel you need to add more channels to the basic HD service.  It is rediculous that you don't offer more as part of the basic package.  The few channels that show movies, show the same ones over and over.  I recently got rid of the movie channels that I subscribed to because they showed the same things over and over again and was charged $24.99 for the package (and not even notified it would happen after my 1st year was up)  Some people are on fixed incomes and cannot afford such luxuries.  You need to 'get with it', or you will be losing more and more customers.

The channels offered in each package are really intended to meet a price point to your post... more channels = higher price of the package....
croseboom

HBO for christmas!

by croseboom on ‎09-04-2011 06:41 PM

i thought of a simple marketing idea which is a win-win for everyone.  seeing as the holidays are coming, how about making it possible to GIFT someone a years worth of a premium channel upgrade.  i bet it would become a popular gift and it would be easily renewable year to year.  it came to me when i recieved a magazine subscription from my mom last christmas.  just one thing, if you use my idea, how about gifting me one for making you millions?  merry christmas!

Every year we look at the gifting options... and it never seems to pan out when you dive into the details. But we'll keep trying to find the angle here...
21usmc

DVR

by 21usmc on ‎11-11-2010 03:27 PM

DOWNLOAD DVR RECORDINGS FROM HOME COMPUTER or create a user friendly [easy] way to save recordings

With IMG 1.9 you'll be able to attach up to a 2TB external drive to the DVR, which should provide an easy way to save recordings... but downloading to the home computer is not a near term option.

I had an answering machine at home and I wanted to use after I instealled VZ FIOS phone,  but VZ Voice Mail picked up before my answering machine did, so I had to call CS and request increasing number of rings to maximum.

Later my answering machine broke and I decided to take advantage of the VM service provided to me instead of buying a new machine,  I had to call VZ CS again and again request to change number of ring to 4.

Would be nice to be able to change number of rings before Voice Mail picks up on-line at "My Verizon"

Sorry for the inconvenience. You can set you own ring count for landline voice mail in some areas (but not in NY/MA/RI) and with FiOS Digital Voice. It is not likely we will make available in landline areas where not currently available.
CR

NHK in HD

by CR on ‎11-10-2010 08:16 PM

Sometime back the NHK content went to HD, but the Fios presentation stayed

SD.  Worse yet, Fios chose not to letterbox, but to simply cut the sides of the

picture off.  Quite often this results in the loss of the left and right parts of

captions.  Sometimes it even ends up cutting off the person being interviewed.... ;^)

My ideal would be to get NHK in HD, but at least letterbox it so we get to see the whole picture

Dear Verizon,

Love the service.  It is the best. 

But Bill paying online is one of the worst I have ever seen.  I never found it harder for a business establishment to take my money.  And then if it is late you hammer me with a late charge.  Multiple web sites and browser upgrades that are unable to access.  Pretty unbelievable how bad the method is to simply pay a monthly bill.

Which brings me to another point.  How about a  customer loyalty break on the bill.  It keeps creeping up and now around 150 bucks a month for the basics.  While you offer newcomers 90 bucks for the same service.  Thanks for listening.

Iggy100a

ray_1980

Local Philly Channels in Central NJ

by ray_1980 on ‎08-31-2011 09:13 AM

I live in Toms River and used to get both NY and Philly local channels with Comcast.  When I switched to Fios I was told by the sales rep that Verizon would be adding the local Philly channels to the line up.  This is going on year 2 and I only get ABC Philly (no Eagles) and Comcast Sports Net (1/2 of all Phillies games).  This area had a huge market for Philly based fans.  Verizon should do whatever it takes to add the remainder of the local Philadelphia channels.

dffrank

Delaware News

by dffrank on ‎08-28-2011 10:32 AM

As a senior tv viewer, I've always viewed phil. news stations.  The coverages are from New Jersey and Phila. and surrounding PA communities.  I had no choice.  I was force fed news that did not affect me.  Is there any way verizon could broadcast a news station from the Delmarva area?  WBOC covers a lot of Delaware news that pertain to me. 

Thanks

iluvink

Multiroom HD DVR

by iluvink on ‎10-27-2010 02:31 PM

Please forgive me if this is a duplication, but having HD included in the multiroom DVR system would be nice.  For any HD DVR to share HD recordings with the other ones would be great.

Thanks. 

HD recordings can be shared between 2 DVR's in IMG 1.9 (near the end of its lab testing)

Not been credited for return set top boxes. Got Early termination fee just added. I have one actual past due bill the I would like to pay so per chance I could. I would probably return to FIOS internet, may mobile. $777.00 of trumped up fees to close the account will only act as a ban to my ever using Verizon again for anything. All this is heading towards is your posting exaggerated losses to the IRS.

What is the idea?
eeke1999

Ordering

by eeke1999 on ‎08-21-2011 08:20 AM

I think you should attempt to add more states. I just moved from Florida to Alabama, and the only provider for cable and internet is Charter. Having to use Charter now makes me miss Verizon Fios even more! Your programs are excellent, the customer service for Verizon is better than any other, and the prices are better, considering the higher quality services. So please come to Alabama! Specifically Tuscaloosa!

HELLO,

ONE GREAT CHANGE IS TO ADAPT THE GUIDE TO A ICON FORMAT FOR CHANNEL LINE UP AND TV SHOWS MOVIES.

MAKE IT SO USER FRIENDLY THAT IT DROPKICKS THE COMPETITION.

FIOS ALREADY HAS THE UPPER HAND(MULTI ROOM DVR) BUT GO FOR THE KNOCK OUT.:robotwink:

Pretty sure I know what you mean... but ya know... more words about "icon format" the better
Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Idea Statuses

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools