• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Enter New Idea
dottiego

Verizon Calendar

by dottiego on ‎01-23-2012 09:24 AM

I am VERY disappointed in Verizon Calendar. I don't like the format and more importantly it will not let me chose a repeat item for the 2nd of each month. It wants a date!  I don't have the time or desire to look up every 2nd of Jan. for the next ..........years. Why do I also have to have an end date?  If it is a birthday, it is ongoing....I don't want to have to update my calendar every 60 months. It is also time consuming to add an event to the calendar.....why do I have to go into add more details to put a time on the appointment?  After trying to switch everything from my MSN premium account, where everything worked so easily, this is very frustrating.  Any suggestions?

lordofring

How about having live chat on TV

by lordofring on ‎04-12-2011 01:30 PM

how about the idea of implementing STB -STB communication.this will be very exciting to see your messages on TV while watching your favorite show...

Dont miss any action on TV and chat with friends...

Will it be more interesting sending jokes about friends while watching nfl football?

We tried some instant messaging things and they just didn't seem to jive with TV viewing (but we didn't have the mobile remote control app for easy text entry)... but for now you can tweet back and forth using the Twitter app... have you tried that...

Allow these ports to be switched on or off by the customer, for newer hardware if they support gigabit. Allow customers to use the Ethernet ports if they support gigabit and the house is wired for it. MOCA can not achieve these speeds for multi-room multi-hub DVRs. Two streams are barely enough. Something better will be needed when we go to a home server as announced at CES. Now if they are only 10/100, on the newer hardware, than someone should have been thinking differently.

Mugen

Media Manager Video play forward

by Mugen ‎07-31-2010 06:20 AM - edited ‎09-03-2010 12:12 PM

Currently, if you use media manager to play video from your PC, the forward button jump certain mins. It would be nice if the forward button actually work as a forward button by forwarding the video at 1.5-2x speed like most forward buttons do.

Good feedback. We will include it in the 2011 roadmap.
custom

New Guide - Full view current channel

by custom on ‎01-18-2012 12:26 PM

The Full view doesn't identify the current channel.  There's room at the top on the right for the standard number and label.  Thanks.

LeftyGuitar

E! HD coming to Fios HD?

by LeftyGuitar on ‎04-06-2011 04:38 PM

My good friend follows Verizon on Twitter & said he saw mention of E! HD channel coming to Fios TV.  Please confirm & if this is indeed fact when will it grace our Verizon Fios STB/Guide?

Yes it is coming
custom

New Guide - Bug: More

by custom on ‎01-17-2012 06:38 AM

Previous:

With the HD Graphics view, in Favorites mode, going from the "Channel Guide" version to the full version places the focus up one favorite channel.  Weird.  (It doesn't occur in SD Graphics view or All Channels mode.)

[I know this issue has been reported.]

Also:

With the HD Graphics view, in Favorites mode, going from the mini version to the full version places the focus down one favorite channel.  Weird difference.  (Again, it doesn't occur in SD Graphics view or All Channels mode.)

ChristineTina

voice message

by ChristineTina on ‎04-04-2011 11:17 AM

My idea is to list how many times a person dials in to retrieve their voice messages on their account on the web.

This bug was also in 1.8 but remains, at least on Motorola boxes, with 1.9.

Channels that broadcast 16x9 anamorphic  SD are not handled correctly if SD override or Native is set.  Instead it is letterboxed within a 4x3 image.  I am talking about those that do broadcast for full screen 16x9 not those that actually broadcast with black bands attached. 

Note than when Native and SD override is not set the STB does upscale these to full screen 16x9, but of course then I lose the advantage of Native mode for other channels.

nbannon123

Get rid of some stuff

by nbannon123 on ‎04-03-2011 05:50 PM
Its a nice extra, but the only thing i use fios tv for is watching tv DVR and VOD. Things like marketplace games widgets are just pointless in my opinion. They only slow down my TV and TV isnt supposed to be games etc.
The real answer is to let you remove items that you don't care about from your guide... while others that use those features still get to have them.

Who writes and submits the program descriptions that are displayed in the FIOS TV Guide? Does anyone edit the descriptions before they are displayed?

Given the limited space for each entry, it is frustrating to see that multiple programs begin with the same redundant phrases.

The following examples are taken from the guide on any day:

- Archived material and expert commentary is brought together ...
- Interested viewers are present with ...
- Dramatic reenactments depict ...
- Viewers are offered ...
- A look at the ...

I'm not impressed with 'creative writing' on the TV Guide. I expect to see, at a glance, something about the program that allows me to decide if I want to read the expanded description. I'm not at all interested in knowing that the program is 'offered' or 'presented'  to 'interested viewers'.

They need to be Clear, Consise, and to the point. In other words: Keep It Simple Stupid.

oliver18754

HD YouTube to HDTVs with Standard FiOS Set Top Box

by oliver18754 on ‎01-14-2012 12:09 PM - last edited on ‎01-14-2012 03:10 PM by Moderator

HD YouTube videos to HDTVs with Standard FiOS Set Top Box.

wlpowell

The Comcast Network in Richmond, VA

by wlpowell on ‎01-13-2012 11:51 PM

People in Philly are requesting The Comcast Network in HD, people in Richmond, VA need it PERIOD (SD or HD).

custom

New Guide - Favorites Enhancement Tweak

by custom on ‎01-13-2012 07:59 PM

The new feature that keeps the guide views set to Favorites is convenient — one less button press.

However, one problem that now arises is that, if the current channel is not a favorite, then there's no information on it when you bring up the guide.  To get it, you need to press the Favorites button to see the channel and then press it again to set the guide back to Favorites when you're done.  So, maybe the current channel can be a temporary addition to the Favorites list.

Thanks.

prisaz

Stop Bloging 4G LTE on the Residential Community!Keep Supporting fiber.

by on ‎01-13-2012 07:47 PM - last edited on ‎01-13-2012 08:12 PM by Moderator

Stop Bloging 4G LTE on the residential web site!

Moderators would be pointing users to the Wireless Community site, if they posted this.

Unless it is the New FiOS to the home. Then announce it.

NO THANKS. I WANT TO KEEP MY FIBER! Keep supporting Fiber.

Thanks for your suggestion, Prisaz- I've passed it along to the blog writers.
Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Idea Statuses

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools