• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Enter New Idea
ej1

password option within ur email acct

by ej1 on ‎03-29-2012 04:58 AM

I feel there should be a password option within ur email account to gain access to ur sub folders that you choose to create. so if your email account is accessed by someone other than urself the information that you stored in ur folders is still secure by a different password or the option to use  a different password on each folder created

Deuce

Hard copy manuals/user guides

by Deuce on ‎06-28-2011 05:06 AM

As a new Fios customer I was dismayed to find that there were no hard copy manuals supplied with either the remote control or the stb/dvr.  Checking online was of no help as the so called "user guide" for our Cisco CHS 435 HDC stb/dvr is an installation guide and not a "user" guide.  In home agent is of no help either as it says "no user guide available for this model".  I printed out the online user guide for the remote and found it to be in such a micro-font that reading it without a magnifying glass is near impossible.  This is the first product/service that I've ever purchased that didn't come with documentation.  Being referred to look it up online and having to print it out is not what I would call "user friendly"...especially when the information you're looking for is not available (i.e.. our stb/dvr).  I would be nice to be able to sit back on the sofa with a hard copy manual and reference whatever function with which I'm trying to become familiar without the frustration of having to go online only to be told "it isn't available".   

Very sorry... but printing out these manuals is really bad for the environment. We were constantly throwing out the manuals when they became outdated, etc. I hope more companies stop / reduce their environmental footprint... FiOS TV has been eliminating printed materials, updating set top boxes to be more efficient, etc

Fios already has channel 461, WUSA-TV Washington DC Live Dippler 9000 HD, but channel 461 is not a HD channel.

The WUSA-TV Washington DC Live Dippler 9000 HD source is a high definition channel.  I suggest adding a HD version of the channel that is available to all Fios TV subscribers with HD capability.

Thank you

Previous versions had the ability to power on/off the set-top box.  The current version is missing this feature.

Thanks for the input. I will be passing this over to the FiOS App team. Glad to hear you are using a Verizon app.

The Kids Unlimited On Demand Channel used to feature great short shows produced by Scholastic.   They were removed without explanation.  Can we get these Scholastic shows to be part of the offering again?

Also, the channel also had a series called St. Bears Doll's Hospital.  It also vanished.   Please bring it back.  I know at least one six year old who would be thrilled.

Thank you

we'll make sure the programming team is aware of your request.
mhipsman

easier way to reset STB

by mhipsman on ‎03-25-2012 05:37 PM

Due to a few issues I am constantly having  1. STB does not respond to any remote control  actions  2. channels remap themselves so they are not  where they are supposed to be.  I need to reset my stb.  pulling out the AC power cord is a pain because of where the boxes are located. and  going thru the menus on the website are a pain in the **bleep**. Why cant we have a 3 button salute on the remote similar to  Ctrl-alt-delete on a computer

TroyJensen

DVR needs a History feature

by TroyJensen on ‎10-20-2010 09:57 AM

Very often shows do not record and there is no explanation why.

On my old TiVo and DirecTv DVR's there was always a history taht told you why a show didnt record so you could fix the issue or discrepancy (overlap in time or conflict etc.)

At least once a week different shows that are in the Series Manager and not scheduled at the same time as other shows do not record.  It could be as simple as it wasn't a new episode, but we have no way of knowing.

Also not being able to go back in the guide past the current time slot is annoying.  Again all other DVR's I have had allow you to do this

DVR history is in progress. Got back in the guide I will have to give a "Maybe Later"
Lee_FL

Video conferencing service for FIOS...

by Lee_FL on ‎06-23-2011 08:41 AM

Verizon FIOS should either develop or partner with a another company to bring video conferencing service to FIOS customers. It would be similar to Cisco Umi.

I envision it would work something like this:

1. FIOS customer signs up for service (Paid service)

2. Customer either purchases from Verizon or provides HD USB video camera that connects to the the Verizon HD set top box

Both ends of the video conference would have to have Verizon Video service. Verizon could charge by minute, by call, or flat rate.

This would be a big incentive for families and friends to have Verizon FIOS.

It would also be a good selling point and contend with the Cisco Umi which has recently come to market. The Cisco Umi uses about 3 Mbps bandwidth, so if a customer is going to use that type of bandwidth on Verizon's network, Verizon should get paid for by providing their own service.

Lee Cooper, loyal Verizon customer

Agreed it is cool...

Enhanced Locate Me / Call Forwarding:

Please enhance the Locate Me feature to include specific numbers.This is similar to the Call forwarding feature, but it would ring at home first, then the next number in line, but only for specified numbers.

This could also be done in the Call Forwarding area, if it could be modified to forward after a certain number of rings. -Again, this would be for specified numbers, not all of them.

Thanks for the idea. We'll investigate with our next round of enhancements.
tiggetytiger

fios tv content

by tiggetytiger on ‎06-21-2011 06:48 PM - last edited on ‎06-22-2011 12:48 PM by Admin Emeritus

i would like to see fios have westchester news. there are alot of people in westchester county who would love to see what is going on in their own neighborhood. also internatinatonal news as well cable has a station where you can watch whats going on overseas. that would be great consider this option please i hope the big heads of verizon read these request that people write that are a big concern for the customers of verizon. thank you

Not sure if I consider myself a big head... but I'm the exec responsible for FiOS TV products and I read each and every post... as well as respond to them (with words like this and with incorporating the ideas into FiOS TV)

Also add Fox and CW shows.  Include more shows from other major channels such as ABC, NBC & CBS.  Also provide HD VOD for all stations.

Gee_60

Account Overview

by Gee_60 on ‎03-21-2012 09:15 AM

I would love it if when I sign in my account overeview would inform me if I have payment scheduled for a future date.

Then I wouldn't have to look for it.

Thanks for your suggestion- I'll make sure it gets to the proper team within Verizon.
xmnj

Stop using java on Verizon sites

by xmnj on ‎06-15-2011 11:10 AM

The use of Java on your websites is very bad.  It's not only slow, but does not always work.

Im a huge philadelphia sports fan (phillies, flyers, 76ers, eagles) and I moved to Monmouth County,  NJ and I can not get Comcast Sportsnet (PA) because I live in the "NY" viewing area.   I can travel 20 minutes south into Ocean County, NJ and go to a friends house and he gets the channel.   Why cant I have the option of adding the channel to my lineup??

They need to get stop the viewing area rules and just let you add the channels you want.   Or at least let you select what viewing area you want to be part of.   Its so stupid that I live 20 minutes away from one area that gets philly channels but I cant watch them because Im in the "NY" viewing area!

GO PHILLIES!!!!!!

Understand the frustration... not sure this changes any time soon
thetick1234

Remember previous keyword searches

by on ‎10-09-2010 10:49 PM

I really would like my FIOS STB firmware to remember previous searches.  I hate typing weekly the same shows.  It is especially bad for shows with very common words.  The current search works well for the popular shows since they are always shown first, but not so for less popular shows.  Also limiting the search by title or actor/actresses would be great.  The later could be done in the interface using check marks.

Also adding single button click to search ie... one of those unused A,B,C,D buttons on the remote.

You should be very happy with the enhancements to search in IMG 1.9
Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!
Idea Statuses

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools