Customers With Disabilities
CRobGauth

Add Verizon to Roku

by Silver Contributor III on ‎01-07-2012 07:44 AM

Just got a Roku Box for Xmas. Love it and all the new types of channels I can get (especially NASA).

How about adding Verizon to it similar to the XBox? If not now, then maybe when the new IP technology comes out.

Comments
by on ‎09-24-2013 04:33 PM

NASA tv is part of ROKU just saying i get the live feed (from the space center in Florida) look for nasa tv in roku app store

have a good day

SHG

by Solarbuddy on ‎10-24-2013 09:44 AM

I'm getting fed up with DishTV--sure, they have a great DVR and all my channels, but the cost is high.  Bundling with Verizon would save $30/month, *BUT* I can never do TV with Verizon until they come up with an Ethernet/IP box for my set.  I can't use the cheesy Verizon fios router due to the need for a router capable of keeping a full-time IPSEC tunnel to my office. 

Why can't Verizon TV do what TWC does . . . give me all my channels in a Roku app?  I would switch to Verizon TV in a heartbeat if I could just use my Roku.

Really, if TWC can do it, can it be that hard?!?

by Jabo51 on ‎12-26-2013 03:01 PM

Since I'm a verizon customer it would make more since to remain your customers so I'd like to see an app for Roku.  Hey if you don't your competitor other than TWC will and take even more of your business.  I think the fios internet tv would be awesome.

Thank you

by keithk72 on ‎01-06-2014 03:44 PM

Was there any information on when or if there will be a Verizon FiOS App on Roku? Seems like it is available for some Smart TVs, PCs etc.  But not Roku.

by kes601 on ‎01-13-2014 06:15 AM

Please add an AppleTV or Roku App similar to what you have done for some BluRay players and the XBox.

by on ‎01-16-2014 10:23 PM

I would like to see FIOS live TV and VOD integrated with a Roku channel.  Time Warner Cable offers a Roku channel for their services.

See http://www.roku.com/channels/#!details/23048/time-warner-cable

by leepal on ‎01-17-2014 04:26 AM

I agree completely, A Roku is a great device.

by Solarbuddy on ‎03-06-2014 08:04 AM

When my fios contract runs out in about 6 months I'm switching to TimeWarner cable over this exact issue.  They have a Roku channel, and Verizon doesn't--so I'm done! 

I helped my son switch from 30mbps Fios to 2mbps cable (TWC) and his Netflix experience actually improved!  It seems that TWC wasn't throttling Netflix *quite* as much as Verizon was--despite the massive 30mbps bandwidth. 

by Silver Contributor III on ‎04-17-2014 03:44 PM

Bumping this up.

Really would like to see FIOS app for Roku box. Great for those seldom used TVs.

by ggil313 on ‎04-19-2014 12:58 PM

where do we sign the petition.... FIOS APP TO ROKU

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools