Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
jimedB

Verizon 3.0 and IE

by jimedB on ‎01-12-2012 11:11 AM

How come the people who designed the new Verizon 3.0 decided to omit all Microsoft internet explorer versions from being able to be used to sign in to your Email account? You have done some questionable things in the past but this one takes the cake. It took me 4 calls to CS (got hung up on once) and almost 5 hours before I was finally told that if I wished to sign in to check my Email I would need to download and install firefox browser. The tech then took over my computer and proceeded to change all kind of settings which will take many hours and days to get things back the way they were. Seems like what needed to be done was to put an announcement on the home page or send an Email to let your customers know that you were no longer going to be able to sign in using IE before the change to 3.0 took place. So much for good customer relations.

Comments
by ChellesV3 on ‎01-15-2012 11:23 AM

Since this entire interface is so messed up and NOT user friendly, I'm sure I must be posting this in several places, cause I can never come back to the same place to see if it posted. I am seeing SO MANY threads I would like to either comment on or post a reply too but there is no opition to do so. Thanks Verizon. If the company I worked for in IT years ago, had interfaces like yours, they would have gone out of business.

Okay, nuff soapbox.....the problem of logging into email using IE.

I found it was a specific MS security update causing the problem. Specifically, kb2585542. If you back this one out, you will be able to log on. I haveduped it twice with the same results, so I am sure that is the problem. I submitted a comment to MS telling them of this, but their website is not much friendlier than Verizons......

Now...having said that, this same security update did not affect my other email provider using IE....so...whatever is in the code, has something specific to do with Verizon's current platform. They will have to work that out as I am done with trying to find the correct link or page to submit this to their tech support. It is virtually impossible to submit anything to them as every link takes one through a loop right back to the first link.

Hope that helps....

by zinginator on ‎01-16-2012 08:43 AM

Bearwood,

Hats off to you for the url workaround.  We too, suffered from the IE9/security update KB2585542 snafu.  We copied and pasted the url you provided and viola.....email access once again.  TYVM for your hard work...Hopefully, Verizon will fix this glitch soon.

by thecreator on ‎01-16-2012 01:13 PM

Hi All,

Don't need to make the Verizon Webmail your Homepage. Just bookmark it. It works just as well.

http://webmail.verizon.net/signin/

I usually put all Bookmarks for Web-Based Emails into a Internet Explorer Folder, simply entitled Account Emails and I have access to all Web-Based Emails from that one folder.

Also, you may like to access your Voice Mails, the same way.

https://www36.verizon.com/FiosVoice/SignInNewSSO.aspx

Works for Internet Explorer 8.0, 9.0 and FireFox.

by Silver Contributor V on ‎01-16-2012 03:47 PM
The problem started with Microsoft fix KB2585542. This Microsoft fix effects not just Verizon, but other sites and things like VPN software. We probably need to hear from Microsoft to know if it is a bug or a restriction that other vendors must code differently to work with.. .
by Bearwood on ‎01-16-2012 03:48 PM

I see that the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol is also reporting a compatibility issue with security update KB2585542.

http://apps.cbp.gov/csms/viewmssg.asp?Recid=18575&​page=1&srch_argv=&srchtype=&btype=acep&sortby=&sb...=

by Bearwood ‎01-18-2012 03:05 AM - edited ‎01-18-2012 03:59 AM

I cross-posted about this compatibility issue which I now know is a no-no...sorry about that---no malicious intent.  Bottom line, the old webmail.verizon.net sign-in url no longer appears to be supported.  Maybe this means Verizon is working the issue...maybe not.  I can sign-in via the forum page to access my account; however, if I close out IE9 and come back to Verizon 3.0 homepage---I am signed out of the 3.0 Verizon homepage and cannot sign back in using the 3.0 homepage sign-in portal.  I'll have to re-visit the possibility of uninstalling the patch that started the mess in the first place, KB2585542.  In the meantime, my sign-in problem remains an unsolved issue.

by Bearwood on ‎01-18-2012 03:51 AM

I notice this thread is marked "Status: Acknowledged."  I'm not sure what Verizon means by that.  Anyone know?

by Gold Contributor VII on ‎01-18-2012 06:52 AM

I notice this thread is marked "Status: Acknowledged."  I'm not sure what Verizon means by that.  Anyone know?

I point you to http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-Idea-Exchange-FAQs/Idea-Exchange-FAQs/td-p/231267

by Bearwood on ‎01-18-2012 07:05 AM

Thanks, dslr595148.  Very nice of you to respond.

by on ‎01-18-2012 01:12 PM

I think Status Acknowledged simply means the moderator of the forum knows you have a problem.  I can smell the wood burning from here as Verizon software programmers scurry to solve the problem.  They must make the code the wrote compatible with Microsoft.  I suggest they contact Microsoft!! :smileywink: 

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools