Customers With Disabilities
yosifharise

Verizon DSL Internet Speed Review

by yosifharise on ‎03-09-2012 02:28 PM - last edited on ‎03-09-2012 03:27 PM by Moderator

I recently got Verizon's DSL internet in my area(Adelanto CA, 92301.)The fastest speed they can offer me in this area is 1.1  -  3mbps. And i have got to say, it is just too slow for my needs. I do gaming on XBox Live, Downloading Content and Streaming Netflix. I would like to say to verizon, can't you guys provide any faster speed like 6mbps or 10mbps? Please start providing faster internet to Adelanto, California. We are just 5minutes away from victorville. What's the deal.....

Comments
by Moderator on ‎03-09-2012 03:27 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by Silver Contributor III on ‎03-10-2012 07:22 AM

DSL does have technical limitations that affect spped. Most notably, distance (not as the crow flies but the route of the wires). The farther you are from a central office, the slower the speed.

by kareninca ‎03-10-2012 11:11 AM - edited ‎03-10-2012 11:14 AM

I feel for you.  I live down the street from a Verizon technical center and seldom do I do better than 2M.  Their highest level (around 7M) isn't even available to me.  I'm looking for a new provider.  Wish you luck but seriously don't hold your breath.  I've been trying to get even the 3.3 that I'm supposed to be able to get (That's what I pay for anyhow and I know someone from Verizon will come back and say it's a range of 1.5-3.3.  If I hear that one more time I'm going to take their comment the 2 blocks I live from their center and shove it in their face and ask then why do I never have speeds over 2.4.  If they really can't give me the 3.3 then don't sell it to me and only charge me for 2.5 that they occasionally get near.) for at least 3 years with no success.  And don't waste your time and breath with Verizon support, all they can do is spout the company line with a LOT of "i'm sorry you're having this problem".  I once spent 8 hours (that's right my phone log showed it) on the phone with various support personnel and in the end their final answer was; I'm sorry you're experiencing this problem.  Verizon, get your act together and at least give us close to the speed we pay for, when you sell it to us you never say but it might be 1.5 instead of 3.3.

by yosifharise on ‎03-10-2012 07:31 PM

i wonder if verizon will do anything about this, or do they think our money is not worth enough to invest a little in our area to provide better faster service. Im posting this in hopes of something being done, but this honestly seems hopeless. sigh... and i won't get started on the horrid customer service i received from an agent over the phone. she spoke in slang, and was not polite. terrible.

by libtad12 on ‎03-12-2012 03:36 PM

I TOTALLY AGREE W/ALL OF THE COMMENTS ABOUT GETTING A TECH OUT FOR VERY SLOW SPEED, I TALKED WITH 4 PEOPLE HOLDING 45 MINUTES EACH TIME JUST TO END UP TALKING W/BILLING TO CANEL MY PREMIUR SUPPORT WHAT A JOKE SPEND 3 1/2 HRS TO GET TO A TECH AND 3 PEOPLE SAID THEY ARE NOT TECHS, THE BEST WAS A GENTLEMAN NAMED JOHN WHO ADVISED ME "GET A NEIGHBOR TO COME AND LOOK AT IT"  I HAVE ONLY BEEN A CUSTOMER THIS IS MY 4TH MONTH, I HAD CANCELLED PREMIER SUPPORT A REAL J0KE AND CHARGES ON MY BILL THAT WERE STARTING TO MATCH COMCAST, BECAUSE THEIR BILL WAS HIGHER THAN MY ELECTRIC BILL, THEY CANCELLED NOT ONLY PREMIER SUPPORT, BUT I HAD TO CANCEL PREMIUM CHANNELS, OF COURSE, I WAS TOLD TO HOLD, AND THEY LET ME KNOW ABOUT THEIR PROMOTIONS TO LOWER MY BILL, WHICH WAS A LOT LOT HIGHER THAN QUOTED ME WHEN I SWITCHED. HIRE TECHS TO COME TO YOUR HOME, COMCAST ALWAYS HAD THEM,

by Ridzert_JH on ‎03-13-2012 12:59 PM

It may be your house wiring also .  If you have long drops or old splitters they can lead to a db loss.  Try a connection right out of Vz' control box to see if it helps.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools