• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
boom4u

Router Firmware update page

by boom4u on ‎04-08-2012 11:53 PM

I bought the Actiontec WI424wr GEN 3 (Gig E wireless N) router from verizon... This router is not listed on the router firmware page hosted by verizon, all other routers are listed there from verizon except this one. How about you update the site to include 40.19.22 firmware for the router you sell. This would be an easy idea to implement.

I clicked the router firmware update button and it downgraded me to 40.19.20...  I purchased this router and now im stuck because verizon doesnt have this firmware on their page. Thanks

Comments
by jks5v8 on ‎04-11-2012 06:07 AM

Thanks for your post.  Its nice to get a warning about the routers.  That stinks that the system downgraded you.  Why pay extra for a better product when they downgrade you when its supposed to be an update?  This problem needs to be fixed, because if its not an issue I would probably buy the better router as well.  If not I'll just look for one at the computer store instead.  Thank you again for the information. 

by boom4u on ‎04-11-2012 11:50 AM

well, it fixed itself.... the fios network updated the router to 40.19.20.2 then the next day it went to 40.19.22 on its own... probolem fixed, but, verizon should still have this router on their firmware page, all other routers are there...

by boom4u on ‎04-11-2012 11:52 AM

its a great router, its well worh the 119.99 and they replace it if you ever have a problem with it... the router is super beefy with 1.2 ghz arm processor and 128mb ddr3, with 2 USB ports... I highly recommend it.

by Mistaya on ‎04-23-2012 09:00 PM

They replace it?  Mine didn't work. I kept loosing connecting and constantly rebooting it. Sometimes 2-3 times a day. When I told them I want another router I got sure no problem it is on its way. I got a used outdated router that does b and maybe g. I have had N routers in my home since they came out and had one with Comcast. I got one with Verizon and when I get one that is defective, Tech support did everything they could to repair on their end, I end up getting this old outdated thing. They didn't give me another N router.

by Moderator on ‎06-21-2012 06:25 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools