Here are a few suggestions that would make using the DVR a much better experience. Some of them would also give Verizon a competitive edge:
1) In a multiple DVR environment, when setting a recording from a DVR box, allow us to choose which DVR to record to. Currently you can do this with NON DVR boxes, but on a DVR box, it always records to the DVR you are on.
2) Allow DVR programs to be viewed on a computer or smartphone. I know you have FlexView, but that is only for ON DEMAND programming. I would like to be able to watch shows that are already recorded on my DVR when I'm not at home.
3) Allow us to name a manual recording. It is impossible to remember what a manual recording is without being able to name it.
4) Have the "Last" button go back to whatever you were watching last even if it was a DVR recording. If I"m watching a show from my DVR, but I accidentally exit or change channels, it would be nice to get back to the recording by just hitting the LAST button. COMCAST already does this.
5) When changing channels while both tuners are recording a show, allow the user to switch to the other recording instead of just canceling it. COMCAST already does this.
6) Allow trimming of shows stored on the DVR to save space (from either the beginning or end). For example, if I'm watching a show from my DVR that is 2 hours long, but I only have time to watch 1 hour of it. It would be nice if I could delete everything up to the point I'm at now, so it doesn't take up as much space. Similarly, when I have to extend the recording time for shows because the guide is not updated when a live show takes longer, it would be nice to be able to delete what's not needed from the end of the recording.