Customers With Disabilities
calledout

Blocking

by calledout on ‎04-22-2012 02:38 PM

With election time here and in the future many of us are bombarded by unknown and or unavailable telephone calls from 000-000-0000 all computer automatic dialer generated. Can there be a way for the customer to block these calls once they have answered the call and do not want to continue receiving them? Thanks............

With FiOS Digital Voice, you can set up Anonymous Call Rejection by dialing *77 from your phone, from your online account manager, or from your FiOS TV. This feature rejects any call that displays as 'anonymous' on your callerID. You can also block up to 10 specific numbers using incoming call block from your account manager or TV. We are looking into expanding that number in a future enhancement.
Comments
by Silver Contributor III on ‎04-23-2012 06:32 PM

If you have digital voice, you can block up to 10 numbers. Not sure if all 0s is allowed.

by Employee on ‎06-20-2012 06:45 AM
Status changed to: Already Exists
With FiOS Digital Voice, you can set up Anonymous Call Rejection by dialing *77 from your phone, from your online account manager, or from your FiOS TV. This feature rejects any call that displays as 'anonymous' on your callerID. You can also block up to 10 specific numbers using incoming call block from your account manager or TV. We are looking into expanding that number in a future enhancement.
by culpepper on ‎07-23-2012 03:13 PM
10 numbers is not enough. I need at least 50. Getting bombarded with UNAVAILABLE callers. Please figure out how to block UNAVAILABLE! Thanks.
by thisisredikulus on ‎10-06-2013 10:42 AM

I have Anonymous Call Rejection ON, and I still get these calls.

Let be BLOCK these numbers.

I pay for this, so why don't I get it?

I need a REAL call blcok.

by abecedarian on ‎12-09-2013 10:59 AM
Verizon support - please read the question before responding. It was quite clear that it WAS NOT anonymous. The correct response is "Verizon will not allow you to block that number, even though the request is several months old."
Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools