Customers With Disabilities
deletedemail

email deletions

by deletedemail on ‎04-25-2012 06:01 AM

(from the Verizon web page on emails retention) Email Retention All read Verizon Online email messages remain on the Verizon server until you decide to delete them. All unread Verizon Online email messages are deleted from the Verizon server after 90 days.

This is the way Verizon deals with email that has not been read.  Why would you delete something that has not been read and in fact retain something that has been read???  Nothing should be deleted unless I delete it, certainly not something that has not even been read.  What if I have to go into an extended stay at the hospital or overseas without access to my computer?

Thanks for your question- I'll see if I can get the proper person within Verizon to respond.
Comments
by Admin Emeritus on ‎04-25-2012 06:39 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged
Thanks for your question- I'll see if I can get the proper person within Verizon to respond.
by FrustratedInFL on ‎05-15-2012 11:32 AM

ESPECIALLY, when occasionally, Verizon tends to mark my personal email as spam, even though I have made filters to ensure they go to my inbox!

by lecrammij on ‎03-06-2013 07:53 AM

My Verizon Inbox goes back a year whether read or unread.  I would like to see an "Unread" filter.  All my unread email is junk.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools